The Claymator. Get strong and make 2.5t of Clay per cycle

Inspired to utilize the EZ-bead and finally get rid of an excess of polluted water, I present the Claymator.

7.gif

You can tell Bubbles enjoys it.

It generates about 1.55t/cycle of Oxygen and therefore about 2.5t/cycle of Clay.

gen.png.a402030618606146f2aeb178f7a1e17f.png

There is not much to explain about the left silo. It's got sweepers with shared regolith access and it vents the oxygen to space.

The right bottom side uses a MOGOM gym designed for 30kg/s of mopping. You can improve this with more vents/tanks.

The top right uses an EZ-bead to suck out up to 1T/tile of PO2.

Due to the bead pump exiting directly above the polluted water bottles, we maintain a vacuum environment every other tick of the game, which allows for 100% uptime on off-gassing.

3.thumb.gif.b9bdcd658e381d02dd57a99fa604ca0f.gif

Spoiler

fulluptime.thumb.png.964a77ca53ea780ae8cd6067502fc74b.png

By the way, overpressurized polluted water no longer off-gasses with an airflow tile above it, so we cannot have a labor-free high output system that I'm aware of. Let me know if you have something.

14 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

As I understand the waterfall will require two gasses to maintain their positions or it breaks.

Yep. Here's a pictures from the waterfall postwhere I found how to limit PW to fall at 150 125kg/s. 

Spoiler

5d3ccfe4e626f_Screenshotfrom2019-07-2716

The extra PW in the middle will all get sucked in by the escher waterfalls, and eventually you'll only see 150kg/s flow rate. Just keep the right side of this, and then have the 150kg/s snake around a long chamber to offgas. 

On a side note, are you sure high pressure doesn't offgass?  I got both 2000kg and 3000kg to offgas. 

Spoiler

offgas.thumb.png.424c11cb4ca23af020a8a46415bcfc45.png

38 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

On a side note, are you sure high pressure doesn't offgass?  I got both 2000kg and 3000kg to offgas.

Not in any meaningful way. It will offgas a little a single time and then gives up. You cannot get proportionally high output with a setup like this.

7.thumb.gif.d371c74cdfcfe2ccdc1a8378703c899d.gif

Where are we going to get high pressure off-gassing in the waterfall exactly?

19 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

You cannot get proportionally high output with a setup like this.

I believe the offgassing stops as soon as any further offgassing will cause the pressure to rise above 2000g (or 1800g), though I don't know if this is completely. Both my 2000kg and 3000kg rooms offgassed at appropriate pressures. 

Here is a monstrosity that would work. You can dump extra PW right before the escher waterfall, as the pressure there is never above 1000kg. Hopefully it's clear how to make this larger for more off-gassing potential.  You definitely sacrifice space to automate this.  The dupe version can be done in a very tiny room (doesn't require as large a build as you have).  So using dupe power saves loads of space. 

pwMonstronsity.thumb.png.9d22999ae5b414c7ec04dda721271373.png

19 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

You cannot get proportionally high output with a setup like this.

I painted in 90000kg of water into the center, and then got over 3000g of po2 per tile quite rapidly with this layout. Maybe it's a spacing issue.

pw-90000.thumb.png.47856c46a1ba8605429ac88af774bc40.png

Well, this is why I mentioned high output. Perhaps the mechanic is that at high mass polluted water tiles refuse to off-gas.

If you are going to sacrifice space for a low output snake, at least you can control the off gassing potential and bead up directly into the silo.

Is it correct that the waterfall serves no purpose? You can just pipe the water there for the same effect right?

Did you wait long enough? The offgassing from regular tiles of water happens 1/100 as often, so you may have to wait a while for it to occur.  PW bottle offgassing is predictable, whereas the regular water offgassing happens with low probability. 

Just now, nakomaru said:

Is it correct that the waterfall serves no purpose? You can just pipe the water there for the same effect right?

My original plan was to get exactly 150kg/s flowing in and out of this thing at all times. That was the rough sketch of the start. What you don't see in the image is the 35000kg of water per tile waiting behind the door. Once that door opens, watch out. The sensor was there to make sure the snaked region never overpressurizes, and all the overpressuring occurs from the escher waterfall in the bottom up to the door in the top right. The waterfall at teh top has a purpose of limiting the overflow of water when I open the door and release 50000kg+ of pressure... It's not a finished product, but the start of something that could be optimized.  If I build it again, I'll probably use 2 tile thick rows, with an escher waterfall at the end of each, and then a 150kg/s waterfall at the top to regulate entirely the flow inside the snake. Currently the snakes get down to 75kgs, and I'd prefer to keep them much higher.  

On 8/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, mathmanican said:

Did you wait long enough?

Okay, that was it!

900t exploded into 900kg of PO2 after waiting some time, and repeats after draining to 1.5kg per tile.

Time for Claymator Mark II! I actually built the damn thing once in game and didn't wait long enough for it to succeed.

17 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

900t exploded into 900kg of PO2 after waiting some time

And one second later a bypass can instantly sap this PO2 into another room. :) Have you played with this layout yet (using water in mesh tiles, above airflow tiles, to have the deodorizors sap PO2 from a contained room)? You could add buddy bud plants to the PO2 room to make sure that any slimelung is disinfected. Another bypass can release O2 directly to your base, though I know you like to keep em in suits all cycle (including sleeping - as do I), so just put a few pumps inside the room, and autosweeper for sand, and you're done with O2 for the game. 

pwfactory.gif.263e332c21b4e43be41dcf521981af16.gif

The empty space below the liquid valve could be turned into a simple MOGOM. You could add another room as well for offgassing slime under this. Have fun playing. 

3 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

There's Mark II! Absolutely awesome.

Since each deodorizer outputs 90g/s, the O2 production is throttled, while the PO2 production is not.  My current plan (I started an oasis run yesterday that I'm in the middle of) is to build a MOGOM for PO2 production (you can sweep up about 140kg/s), and then let it sit in a room with deodorizers above it (blocked by water). I'll set a pressures sensor to detect when I drop below 20kg of oxygen, and then have someone come and mop again (about once every few hundred cycles cycles or so). I'll post some more when I get there (finally got through the sand biome and into a swamp, so exosuits will be coming very soon).  

This is cool. But.. At what temperature does the o2 come out? All that vented oxygen looks like a missed opportunity to have a legion of pufts pooping on your dupes heads, or longhair slicksters being hippie at every corner :mrgreen: maybe longhair slickster based cooling can be a thing!

As someone just joining the conversation now, what actually causes the off-gassing of PO2?  The mopping or the PW falling through the mesh tiles?  It sounds like the latter, and the mopping is just for strength training?

3 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Yep, you can utilize the O2 if you like! Personally I have transcended O2 on my current map.

A challenger appears:

zv68pk.jpg

13 hours ago, mathmanican said:

We can. Infinite storage with a bypass pump for extraction is one of several ways.

In one of my bases I built a snake-flow path for the output of my slush geyser reminiscent of the escher waterfall you pictured.  At the end, I used a bead-pump to move the polluted oxygen from the room into a high-pressure room with doors at the top.  Above the doors were airflow tiles with deoderizers.  A pressure sensor opened and closed the doors to feed polluted oxygen to the deoderizers.

The bead pump kept the polluted water pool room low pressure to encourage off-gassing, while the longer flow path gave more surface area.  Once built, there was no need for any dupe interaction

8 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

At what temperature does the o2 come out?

For a polluted water -> clean oxygen build using deoderizers to also produce clay.. the O2 temperature will be determined in the following ways:

If you're using bottles of polluted water, the temperature of the bottles will determine the O2 temp, due to the large mass difference between the water and the produced oxygen.

If you're not using bottles and you're not removing the clay, then your O2 temperature will be influenced by the clay, which in turn is influenced by the filtration medium.  Prior to the change that removed the fixed output temperatures (such as the water sieve), this would usually be around 20c unless your filtration medium was REALLY hot.  I haven't run this test since that particular patch.

If you're not using bottles and you're removing the clay.. then the O2 temperature is determined by the temperature of the filtration medium.

Archived