Water troubles

13 minutes ago, Webber is bes said:

I'm running out of water and my only source is a petroleum gen

15644939148416352161162553396956.jpg

"Screenshot" with a hair ^^
You have still starterbiome oxylite, a petrol gen, but no water..
Can you show a screenshot of the map? Alt+S zoom - again undo
Press F12 then you find the screenshot in your steam / library / games / oxygen not included / scroll down.
Or press print and here in your post Strg+V.

F12 works great for screen shots :wilson_goodjob:

Another important question to ask is, where did all your water go? What is your major consumer? It’s important to have your water consumption vs water sources balanced to the best of your abilities. 

**haha yes like @Oozinator said

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

"Screenshot" with a hair ^^
You have still starterbiome oxylite, a petrol gen, but no water..
Can you show a screenshot of the map? Alt+S zoom - again undo
Press F12 then you find the screenshot in your steam / library / games / oxygen not included / scroll down.
Or press print and here in your post Strg+V.

Even better, use the snip tool built into windows by pressing win+shift+S
That lets you take a snip (selected rectangular area), a free drawn snip, or a full-screen screenshot all in the same tool.
The selection or screenshot is not saved but can instead be directly pasted with ctrl+V, so much less hassle than having to find the folder screenshots are normally saved in and then copy/paste from there.

Example of a free drawn snip
image.thumb.png.ab51cebd999a702bba8a7e0f8bcbc35e.png

First I would immediately stop the electrolizers, and set up oxygen diffusers instead. You have many cycles worth of accessible algae in your caustic biomes. 

I would also pick my research carefully as research takes up most water at this stage of the game, maybe go for the Desalinator tech to make use of your salty water supplies.

You should have some water geysers / steam vents that you can try to tame, also some POIs that have relatively cool water in them that can win you tens of cycles. Steam vents that are uncovered by default have a pool of water nearby. These extra

30 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Example of a free drawn snip
image.thumb.png.ab51cebd999a702bba8a7e0f8bcbc35e.png

Example for MAC OS, made with snipping tool!
image.thumb.png.fc33fe91d376e9c3ffda2a799753f866.png

Hier findet Ihr eine Übersicht, wie Ihr einen Screenshot am Mac erstellt:

Tastenkombination Aktion
Cmd + Shift + 3 Speichert gesamten Bildschirm als Datei.
Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 3 Speichert gesamten Bildschirm in der Zwischenablage.
Cmd + Shift + 4 Speichert einen ausgewählten Bereich als Datei.
Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 4 Speichert einen ausgewählten Bereich in der Zwischenablage.
Cmd + Shift + 4, danach Leertaste Speichert ein gewähltes Element/Fenster als Datei.
Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 4, danach Leertaste Speichert ein gewähltes Element/Fenster in der Zwischenablage.
Cmd + Shift + 6 Speichert Screenshot der TouchBar als Datei.
Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 6 Speichert Screenshot der TouchBar in der Zwischenablage.

https://www.maceinsteiger.de/how-to/screenshot-unter-mac-os/

Just now, Saturnus said:

Gobbledegook :D

Better?

public static final void makeScreenshot(JFrame argFrame) {
    Rectangle rec = argFrame.getBounds();
    BufferedImage bufferedImage = new BufferedImage(rec.width, rec.height, BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_ARGB);
    argFrame.paint(bufferedImage.getGraphics());

try {
        // Create temp file
        File temp = File.createTempFile("screenshot", ".png");

// Use the ImageIO API to write the bufferedImage to a temporary file
        ImageIO.write(bufferedImage, "png", temp);

// Delete temp file when program exits
        temp.deleteOnExit();
    } catch (IOException ioe) {
        ioe.printStackTrace();
    }
}

34 minutes ago, MorsDux said:

First I would immediately stop the electrolizers, and set up oxygen diffusers instead. You have many cycles worth of accessible algae in your caustic biomes. 

I would also pick my research carefully as research takes up most water at this stage of the game, maybe go for the Desalinator tech to make use of your salty water supplies.

You should have some water geysers / steam vents that you can try to tame, also some POIs that have relatively cool water in them that can win you tens of cycles. Steam vents that are uncovered by default have a pool of water nearby. These extra

Heh what algae 

You need 3 more ethanol distillers to run a petroleum generator full-time, which will produce water overall assuming those wild trees supply enough lumber. However, 10 domestic oxyferns is a lot, especially in conjunction with two electrolyzers, and would probably be too much consumption for the petroleum generator to support, even if you cut both in half. A natural gas generator using the guaranteed natural gas geyser's output could help get you the [polluted] water you need.

Longer-term, you should be looking for a geyser source of water, like a cool steam vent.

In your screenshot you have two natural water pools. The higher one is the easiest; dig a line straight up (using ladders) from your base water pool to that natural water pool and let it drain down and into your base right where you want it.

Do the same thing to the pool to the left, you will want to setup a few tiles to make sure it flows where you want it.

After that you need to man up and go exploring! Looking for geysers and more water pools.

Personally I'd cut the electrolyzers. Dig down to get that free oxygen from the oxylite and atmosphere below you floating up to give you a buffer so you can preserve the water you have. Hopefully you've already researched desalination but if not I'd be getting that, and then cutting any other unnecessary research. Capture the salt water and get converting; there's plenty there if you can rig up a system for it. 

part of the challenge of forest start biomes is they are very tight on water.

Get out & explore, lock down on your water use to the minimum possible amount, maybe even no more than your dupes need to wash their hands while handling food ...

Find a steam vent. There's at least one on your map, guaranteed. Find a saltwater geyser. Some planets are guaranteed to have one.

In the meantime, generate your oxygen from wild-grown oxyferns, oxylite deposits, *algae*

Your base is too young to be on a petroleum generator, try some lower tech paths to solve your problems.

7 hours ago, ssgeorge said:

In your screenshot you have two natural water pools. The higher one is the easiest; dig a line straight up (using ladders) from your base water pool to that natural water pool and let it drain down and into your base right where you want it.

Do the same thing to the pool to the left, you will want to setup a few tiles to make sure it flows where you want it.

After that you need to man up and go exploring! Looking for geysers and more water pools.

Both of those pools are ethanol mate.

He can't drink that. (sadly)

Ok so find geysers but I have my world on geothermal but I cant see a single one

Edit: good news I found a water geyser and bad news it's hot water and idk how to cool that down

Yeaah, it seems you've neglected search of water source for too long.

You can use hot water things that don't require balanced temperature. So you can pull it through your latrines and hand washers (with insulated pipes). If you careful could as well use it for research (probably move research table to another place to not pollute your base with excessive heat). Basically dig more aggressively to the sides until you find a swamp, or to the top to find salty water sources.

27 minutes ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Start a new game. No shame in retreat. Or look up the seed-number and try again mate. Next one will be better!:wilson_vforvictory:

Umm I has water now and my duplicates are doing great so no reason to restart 

Archived