Airlock Mk 2: Electric Boogaloo

Here it is folks, the Mk 2 of my airlock. I promise this won't have as many revisions as my MOGOMs did.

image.thumb.png.acff633e35744906bf5fefcbb650ca06.pngimage.thumb.png.8ffa96a6be6f214dda9d00499f169b0f.png

The pressure plates are set to "below 200" and the atmo sensors are set to "above 0".

What happens here is when an outer door opens, the memory cell is reset, causing the checkpoints to block a dupe's way. Then, once the inside is vacuumed enough, the memory cell turns back on, and the dupes are allowed to go on their way.

The middle door is essential to the whole thing if you want it to be a two-way airlock, as it stops air from flowing from one end to the other if you have dupes leaving through both exits at the same time.

All in all it costs 40w power on idle, or up to 160w at full draw.

5 minutes ago, LucidFugue said:

Is it safe for dupes without atmo suits or will they get suffocated waiting in the airlock waiting for it to cycle? 

Depends on both the gas and pressure.

If the gas either side is breathable, definitely.

If the gas is unbreathable but low enough pressure, they'll be fine.

It's if you've a high pressure, unbreathable gas that they might not be.

5 hours ago, Radam said:

Blocked path probably means they drop what they were carrying?

Stand-by-ed checkpoint should hold there errand, path, carried stuff and everything, until it's enabled. That's the purpose.Then doors are not automated, that mean it will never get locked, and that's good because doors that become locked are breaking errand/path.

18 hours ago, OxCD said:

Stand-by-ed checkpoint should hold there errand, path, carried stuff and everything, until it's enabled. That's the purpose.Then doors are not automated, that mean it will never get locked, and that's good because doors that become locked are breaking errand/path.

Not sure that's true - imagine if you have 10 dupes all at separate parts of your base all with a job that paths through that airlock, and the pathing is green to go through.

Then the first dupe arrives, enters, toggles the checkpoint. Every other job would be halted/reassigned wouldn't it ?

A version with full-size pumps should be 3 by 3 on both sides, and hold waiting dupes for significantly less time. However, active power draw will be more than 500 watts.

Might be worth some side by side comparison.

Edit. Ironically one possible way to cheese this thing into working faster would be to put a thin layer of liquid on the floor, thereby reducing the gas volume of the room by 33%.

@Yunru Hi!

Which one do you prefer?

This one, or the one from last week( at least I think it was your design) with the doors pushing the water up and vacuuming the room?

If its not too much to ask. What is your point of view? Would you elaborate a little and share some thoughts?

Tbh. I really liked the one with the water. I would have a little tweak for it up my sleeve(at least I think so, but I can't find the post:wilson_cry:

Archived