The Theories of a Madman

Hello, everyone!

I thought of a few theories about Don't Starve that I wished to share, it may seem a bit long and boring that's why I categorized them in order so you can choose a specific theory to read if you wish, I want to hear your personal opinions as well if you wish to discuss.

So, let's not dilly-dally, here we go:

Part 1:

The Constant's Timeline

Theory 1:

Exchangeable Dimensions Between Characters

Involves: DS:RoG, SW, Hamlet

Spoiler

How does time work on The Constant? I think that there are singular islands for every Survivor, that means that the island where Wilson is currently on is unique to him and each other survivor has his own, this theory meets with a roadblock:
that is the skeletons, we clearly see dead survivors and sometimes even camps with fire pits and research engines, where did these come from if they are unique to each survivor?
My best answer is that survivors manage to exchange islands every time they use the Teleportato, what I mean is, when Willow uses the teleportato she is in a state of paralysis and time moves unusually on her island
When another survivor, let's say Wendy, uses the Teleportato they exchange islands with Willow and are now on each other's dimensions, that is why we also get to choose characters, the game asks us like: "You were Willow, who else used the Teleportato and is now exchanging dimensions?". That doesn't clarify why we never see the other survivor's base, that's because the time that's passed for Willow is unknown and strange.
It could've been days, weeks even months and we know that time goes by fast in The Constant, the trees grow fast, plants grow fast, who is to say that the bases didn't become abandoned and destroyed by time and nature?
That could potentially explain the reason for the missing bases and the skeleton scattered in each dimension.

Theory 2:

Repeatable Deaths and Familiar Skeleton

Involves: DS:RoG, SW, Hamlet, DST

Spoiler

Another possible answer is that each dimension belongs to each character, whenever they die and don't resurrect via means of Effigies or amulets they revive on the same dimension
after the island has shape-shifted into new, the characters then lose the memory of their deaths and are forced to survive again in the same dimension, but with the island having a different appearance, those skeletons belong to the survivors with their previous deaths that they don't remember.
That doesn't explain Maxwell's quote: "Ha! I remember that.", this doesn't really matter much, I'll explain soon, we know that once Maxwell was freed from the Nightmare Throne by Wilson he was teleported into Wilson's dimension.
While Wilson reigned for an unknown amount of time in the Throne before Charlie freed him and put him back in his Dimension Wilson appeared there before Maxwell, this is because the timeline on The Constant is very peculiar, now we have two survivors in one dimension.
Maxwell doesn't get to survive for long in The Constant alone because he's met with Wilson, who team together to somehow bring all the survivors together in one place, one dimension, Wilson's, this could explain Maxwell's quote on the skeletons, he remembers all of Wilson's deaths.
Using the Jury-Rigged Portal every character, somehow, gets teleported into Wilson's Dimension, I always assumed it was via the Teleportato or via death, but Woodie's quote on the Florid Postern: "That'd be the thing I fell through, eh?" which means once the Portal was built everyone was forcefully drawn through it, but why not the characters from Shipwrecked or Hamlet? They could've easily have fallen through the portal and are on their way to DST? Warly is coming, don't forget that time works very strangely in The Constant it might takes minutes for a character to appear in Wilson's dimension but might take years for others.

Theory 3:

Parallel Universes, it's always Parallel Universes

Involves: DS:RoG, SW, Hamlet, DST

Spoiler

Part A:

Basis of my Theory

Spoiler

Another theory, this one more far-fetched: is that there are multiple universes that belong to each survivor and on each of these dimensions where one survivor is alive all others are dead.
This means that in a Hound attack Wilson could've died and in another dimension he survived, the dimension where Wilson is dead is the same dimension Wickerbottom was abducted and is alive, we know that the timelines works different
and even though Wilson was kidnapped in 1921 and Wickerbottom (presumed) was taken in 1911 that should mean that she should've been there first, not necessarily, we know that Wagstaff and Winona were abducted in 1919, but Winona appeared after the Jury-Rigged Portal was built
and Wagstaff could've appeared in a dimension where Wilson and the others are dead, so no one ever freed Maxwell, but do not fret, the dimension where Wilson is alive and the others are dead is where Wilson frees Maxwell, Wilson gets freed by Charlie and they team-up to build the Portal
Do note that: I believe the world where The Epilogue takes place is one dimension that links all the parallel universes together, it's the "center of all".
the portal connects all the parallel universes together and each survivor is united together in one dimension where all are alive.
The biggest problem with the theory is: that if indeed all survivors are uniquely alive on their dimensions where everyone else is dead, why doesn't Wagstaff, Woodlegs, Wheeler, and all the other characters from the DLC get teleported into the Jury-Rigged Portal?
Wagstaff could either be playable in a phase before Wilson saving Maxwell in the other parallel universe or Wagstaff is unable for some reason (which I try to explain later on Part 2 of the theories) to teleport through the Jury-Rigged portal.
Wheeler is brought into the Constant via her hot air balloon which causes big problems in how she landed there, we know everyone else was kidnapped through portals of some sort, the best bet is that the rift between The Constant and Earth is being broken apart slowly caused by too much interference.
First was by the Codex Umbra, Maxwell used it recklessly and could've caused the rift to slightly tear unleashing a small amount of Shadows into the real world, there are all those survivors kidnapped that could've caused the link between the two worlds to crack and there is also Wagstaff's experiments, his portal to the Constant could've easily caused big problems with the rift.
Charlie is planning to unleash the shadows upon the world and cause chaos, this could explain that Wheeler came in through a rift between The Constant and Earth.
Walani, Warly, and Woodlegs get kidnapped by Maxwell and put into the Shipwrecked dimension.
Wilbur is a bit of a mystery, he doesn't necessarily have to have been kidnapped by Maxwell, he could've already been there like Wilba and Wormwood.
Wilba is a citizen of the Hamlet and hasn't been kidnapped by Maxwell, that's why I think at least, even though her quotes for Maxwell somewhat tell otherwise, I still strongly believe she is was and will be from Hamlet's world.
The reason why Charlie is attacking her though is because she knows Wilba is dangerous, she has a hunger for adventure, who knows what she might discover? That's why she tries to kill her at night.
Wormwood as shown in his trailer, is a green gem that dropped from The "Moon" and became a living being via Hamlet's flora, how he came into the Jury-Rigged Portal still remains a mystery to me.

Part B:

The Link of Shipwrecked and The Constant

Spoiler

We know that when you start a world in Shipwrecked Maxwell is nowhere to be found. This is my theory, still a bit far-fetched:
The events of Shipwrecked take place when Maxwell had already been freed by Wilson, you may wonder: "But, then why is Wilson there? And there is no Jury-Rigged Portal?"
Because it's another parallel universe, a universe where Maxwell (before being freed), built a tropical "paradise", instead of a forest and is where the events take place, that's also why there is no Adventure Portal, because there is no more Portal, it disappeared like in DST.
Why don't we see Maxwell in Shipwrecked before he was kidnapped? Also shouldn't that universe have a completely different Maxwell? The answer the first question: Well... the game doesn't show us, because the DLC was released after The Epilogue took place, that means that there could've been greetings by Maxwell in Shipwrecked before The Epilogue, but we don't get to play it.
That is because we get to play the DLC after the events of The Epilogue. The second question: The Epilogue takes place in a dimension that is linked to all other universes, the "center of all", as I called it before, Maxwell was freed so in the universe where Shipwrecked takes place Maxwell isn't there because he is not the ruler.

This can also explain how there can be multiple Wilson in DST, they are from the Shipwrecked dimension.

Part C:

The Link of Hamlet and The Constant

Spoiler

Hamlet Theory I :
Hamlet is part of Vanilla/RoG of Don't Starve and doesn't take part in the Shipwrecked's universe.
As a feeble attempt of Wilson to escape the Constant, in yet another parallel universe where instead of going to rescue Maxwell he attempts to escape, Wilson lands in Hamlet where he is greeted by civilized Pigs? Weird.
In Hamlet we also discover The Iron Hulk, a machine built by what I'm guessing is The Ancients, this machine was built as a defense measure against enemies that would dare harm The Ancients and maybe even as a mean to defeat Them, if They ever turned against them.
The Ancient Herald, I believe was a messenger (hence the name) sent by Them to the world of the Ancients when they used to be alive and he tried to bargain with them to use the power of the Nightmare Fuel for their "weak, feeble civilization" so they can grow powerful! Persuaded by tales of power the Ancients accept, we all know how this story ends, right?
Why do we get to see him in Hamlet though? This is my best theory as of now: The Herald came to The Ancients are the time of their need, when they were most vulnerable and gave them the power of the Nightmare Fuel so they can grow powerful and leave their weak, starving lives. What if the Herald has come to do the same thing to the Pigs of Hamlet?

We clearly see on an obelisk in the Metheus puzzle that some sort of entity that resembles a 1/4 of a moon is coming out of the Ancient Gateway, this looks familiar, yes? It is identical to the Ancient Herald's head shape, this could potentially give support to my theory of him being a messenger of Them and that he came to Hamlet to repeat the same event with the ancients.
We must take note that the Herald only comes during the Aporkalypse, where everything feels bleak and the end of Hamlet is imminent, and to their luck The Herald came and gave them the power of the Nightmare Fuel to survive the aporkalypse, where will it all end though? With the Pigs' demise by the hands of Them.
How come The Iron Hulk wasn't able to defend The Ancients or even the survivors during the Aporkalypse from Them or even The Ancient Herald.
Because the Hulk is infused with nightmare fuel and is unable to harm Them, but how does he injure the Shadow Creatures? Because they are the Ancients.

Hamlet Theory II:
We get to see inside the ruins about the ancient Pig Civilization, what happened to them? We get to see their ghosts during the Aporkalypse, but what lead to their deaths? I think it was Them.
What if the Ancient Pigs fell victims to the nightmare fuel as well? They also were the ones who built the Iron Hulk as a mean to fend themselves from enemies and even Them is they ever betrayed the Pigs, but the Hulk was infused with nightmare and turned against them.
The few pigs that refused the Herald's nightmare fuel are the Pigs we see now in Hamlet, but did all the Pigs that used the nightmare fuel died? No, there are few that survived and fled into the realm where the Pig King is now, down from the Plateau, the Pig King was also one of those that believed in the Herald's words for power and left Queen Malfalfa alone to rule Hamlet.
After the largest portion of the Pig King's subjects died to the nightmare fuel he fled from Hamlet and we now see him in RoG/Vanilla.

Part 2:

Wagstaff's Background & The Survivors Order of Disappearance

Theory 1:

Wagstaff's Backstory

Involves: Wagstaff, Aforetime the Florid Postern's construction, Winona, WX-78

Spoiler

How does Wagstaff know about all the weird beings in The Constant? This is my best guess: Wagstaff learned about Maxwell's abduction, you may wonder how that is possible?
We know that shadows exist in the real world via propaganda posters and pamphlets, we even see Willow in a young age get attacked by one, who is to say Wagstaff didn't see one as well?
Once discovering these strange beings he took it upon him to discover their origin and powers, my guess is they started appearing through a rift caused by the Codex Umbra in Maxwell's last performance, this caused all the shadows to leak out.
He follows some leads, finds some strange occurrences that have caused FIRES and finally learns about Maxwell and Charlie's disappearance. We see on this site: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/max/stage/disaster.html that there is a projection reel on the floor of the stage where the Final Act took place.

This theory is very flimsy, with the projection reel, during the 1906 San Francisco earthquake fires broke loose that caused up to up to 90% of the total destruction, even though 10% chance that the stage Maxwell was in and his apartment were still intact are incredibly small.
My guess is Wagstaff took the reel discovered about the Codex Umbra that lead to the conclusion that these creatures came from another universe. He investigated Maxwell's apartment and found his secret room which we can seen here:
08-regret.jpgHe probably discovered something that will be able to link both worlds, like a portal. He started building the Voxola radio as a mean of communication between the two world hoping to achieve first contact.
When the Voxola doesn't work out great in his favor, he decides to build a portal as a mean of transportation, he also built WX-78 as an test subject for the portal and use the Voxola as a means of communication so WX-78 can transfer information to him. By the time WX-78 entered the Portal he realized that the gate can't be open forever, the communication with WX-78 via the Voxola didn't work out at all and thought it unlikely that WX-78 will return with data about its discoveries.
So, he reactivated the portal once more and decides to jump in himself, something goes horribly wrong and causes a fire in the factory, my guess is Wagstaff entered the portal just a little while before Maxwell and Wilson built the Jury-Rigged Portal and is why he isn't in DST.
Winona, having her own investigations about her sister's disappearance lead him to the Voxola factory and seeked employment there, following Wagstaff reconstructs the portal and she jumps in and appears in the Jury-Rigged Portal with all the other survivors.
Wagstaff is alone in the place where he wanted to be most, who knows how long he's been there? He's probably stuck in a phase between Charlie's and Maxwell's reign.
There is also the problem of Wagstaff's appearance when injured, he becomes distorted, my theory is that when he jumped in the portal something intervened with it causing him to be "cut apart" between reality in these two worlds, like only half of his existence traveled in the Constant, he's broken and unstable and likely that he is unable to teleport through the Jury-Rigged Portal at his state.

Theory 2:

The Survivor's Abduction List

Involves: All Survivors

This is highly hypothetical and is certain to be wrong.

Spoiler

What we know for sure is Maxwell and Charlie were abducted by the Nightmares in April 17th, 1906 followed by the disastrous 1906 San Francisco earthquake
The period until 1911 is unknown, but, we can assume that Wickerbottom arrived in 1911 when the New York City library burned down.
Wilson was abducted 1921

1. Maxwell & Charlie (1906)
2. Woodie (1906-1910) Mere presumption
3. Wolfgang & Wes (1906-1910) Mere presumption

3.Wes (1910) thanks to @__IvoCZE__ for this information, we can see in the Next of Kin video that there is a poster of the Exposition Universelle et Internationale, a world fair held in Brussels in 1910 from 23 April to 1 November, we've come to know that Wes is an avid landscape painter based on his Verdant skin's description, he could've partaken in this world fair and went missing at that time.
4. Wickerbottom (1911) The New York Library Burning down, biggest problem is her quote on the Trinket: License Plate: "What does this inscription mean?" this could mean she's unfamiliar that in 1903 the New York State license plate were government issued. She is unaware of the hair dryer's function, this gives us a clue that she was taken before 1920.

5. Wendy (1902<1923<) If we believe the theory that Maxwell's nieces, the twins that are referred to at the postcard then Abigail was still alive, during 1902. She could've also been taken after 1918, she appears to be familiar with the government issued license plates, she says: "Whatever this belonged to met a bad end." she never says whoever or whomever, this is incredibly flimsy, but this quote could be interpreted as: "Whatever automobile this belonged to..." that would mean she is familiar with them, we also know based on Jack's postcard that he is in New York with the twigs, that means since the license plates were licensed in 1903 she couldn't been taken after 1918, if she was living in another state other than New York. On the thought about the Ukulele she says: "Whoever this belonged to met a bad end." still this is again incredibly flimsy, on April 15, 1923 at the Rivoli Theater in New York City Smeck appeared, playing the ukulele, in Stringed Harmony, a short film made in the DeForest Phonofilm sound-on-film process, this could've boosted popularity of the instrument in New York and that's how Wendy came to this knowledge of its existence.
6. WX-78 (1919) Before the events of the Voxola Radio Factory's fire

7. Woodie (1906-1919) we see a clear posted of a man going missing that resembles Woodie. We know that he was gone missing in 1919, because we can see a poster of him "Missing" in a pin board in the Next of King video, but Woodie is aware of what a hairdryer is, his quote: " I prefer to let mine air dry.", the handheld, household hair dryer first appeared in 1920, one year approximately after the poster of him gone missing appeared! This creates a problem.
8. Wagstaff & Winona (1919) After the events of the Voxola Radio Factory's fire
9. Walani (1915-1920<) Based solely on her knowledge of ukulele, very flimsy basis.
10. Wilson (1921) Well known knowledge about Wilson's abduction. Wilson's quote when examining broken hairdryer (" "Maybe a tool for testing aerodynamics?") is a bit strange, seeing as the first household, handheld hairdryer became available in 1920, one year before his disappearance, he should've known about it, but being alone in a cabin in the woods tells us that he doesn't go out much... so it's admissible.
11. Wheeler (1920<1935<)  Between 1920 because it's approximately the date of the invention of Robert Swanson's air horn invention, Wheeler's primary use of weapon, somewhat flimsy basis
12.  Webber (1920-1935<) Based on his knowledge of Soda Can, explains familiarity with Trinket: Orange Soda. Based also on his knowledge of Trinket: Ukulele, if though he doesn't clarify that he knows what it is, he does say "I wonder if it's in tune." which means he knows it's a musical instrument.Webbers quote on the broken hairdryer is as follows: " What's it for?" this tells us that he was unaware of its first appearance in 1920, even though from other evidence gathered he was taken after 1920, but, there is also the popularity, where the hairdryer was more popular is unknown so it could've been that in his home they never knew of the hair dryer's existence.

13. Willow (1920~1926<) Her lighter could be based on Ronson Company's model Banjo, automatic lighter 1926, making it possible she was gone missing around that year. She appears to be familiar with the hair dryer and its uses, this could mean she was kidnapped after 1920 where the household hair dryer became first known.

For Future Reference:

1915-1923 - Ukulele Popularity exceeded thus Walani could've been familiar with it can explain her quote for Trinket: Ukulele, but being Hawaiian she could've been familiar with it way before it even became popular in other places.
1933-1935 - Soda In Cans became well-known and thus can explain Webber's familiarity with Trinket: Orange Soda
1926 - Automatic lighter 1926 Ronson Company model called "Banjo"

1920 - The year where the handheld, household hair dryer first appeared. But, there is also the popularity, where the hairdryer was more popular is unknown so it could've been that in his home they never knew of hair dryer's existence.

In the U.S., where each state issues plates, New York State has required plates since 1903, soon after, other states followed suit, with virtually every state having adopted a form of registration plates by 1918

I believe that survivors were abducted even after the events on the Voxola radio factory, even though we see Charlie through the portal we don't see her Queen Form, this means she could still be merely the Grue and Wilson could have not yet freed Maxwell from the Throne, don't forget that time works very obscurely in The Constant, even if let's say Webber was indeed kidnapped during 1920-1935 at The Constant the time could be way before even Wilson has appeared!

I really want to hear your personal opinions and theories, especially about the Survivor's order of disappearance.

Thank you for reading, have a great day.

-mathem99

P.S

Edit 1:

Spoiler

• Edited Theory 2 of Part 2 exceedingly.
  • The theory with Wagstaff taking the projection reel is very flimsy because during the 1906 San Francisco earthquake fires broke loose that caused up to up to 90% of the total destruction, even though 10% chance that the stage Maxwell was in and his apartment were still intact are incredibly small.
  • This theory is very flimsy, with the projection reel, during the 1906 San Francisco earthquake fires broke loose that caused up to up to 90% of the total destruction, even though 10% chance that the stage Maxwell was in and his apartment were still intact are incredibly small.
  • Gone Missing: Wendy (1902<1919) If we believe the theory that Maxwell's nieces, the twins that are referred to at the postcard then Abigail was still alive, during 1902, I'm certain she was taken into The Constant before 1919. More Information check Theory 2 of Part 2
  • The ensemble also introduced both the lap steel guitar and the ukulele into U.S. mainland popular music, where it was taken up by vaudeville performers such as Roy Smeck and Cliff "Ukulele Ike" Edwards. On April 15, 1923 at the Rivoli Theater in New York City Smeck appeared, playing the ukulele, in Stringed Harmony, a short film made in the DeForest Phonofilm sound-on-film process
  • Gone Missing: Woodie (1906-1919) we see a clear poster of a man going missing that resembles Woodie in Winona's Next of Kin video
  • I believe that survivors were abducted even after the events on the Voxola radio factory fire, even though we see Charlie through the portal we don't see her Queen Form, this means she could still be merely the Grue and Wilson could have not yet freed Maxwell from the Throne, don't forget that time works very obscurely in The Constant, even if let's say Webber was indeed kidnapped during 1920-1935 at The Constant the time could be way before even Wilson has appeared there.
  • In the U.S., where each state issues plates, New York State has required plates since 1903, soon after, other states followed suit, with virtually every state having adopted a form of registration plates by 1918. Based on Wickerbottom's quote on the license plate she is unfamiliar with it, this doesn't make much sense because if she did go missing in 1911 when The New York Library burned down then she should've been familiar with license plates because they became issued in 1903 in New York.
  • Wes presumed to have went missing (1910)

Edit 2:

Spoiler

• Added information about Trinket: Broken Hairdryer. 1920 - The year where the handheld, household hair dryer first appeared.
  • Woodie was taken before 1919, because we can see a poster of him "Missing" in a pin board in the Next of King video, but Woodie is aware of what a hairdryer is, his quote: " I prefer to let mine air dry.", the handheld, household hair dryer first appeared in 1920, one year approximately after the poster of him gone missing appeared! This creates a problem.

Edit 3:

Spoiler
  • Updated Part 1, Theory 3, Part C. I show now why The Herald was a messenger sent by Them for the ancients: We clearly see on an obelisk in the Metheus puzzle that some sort of entity that resembles a 1/4 of a moon is coming out of the Ancient Gateway, this looks familiar, yes? It is identical to the Ancient Herald's head shape, this could potentially give support to my theory of him being a messenger of Them and that he came to Hamlet to repeat the same event with the ancients.

1 hour ago, Mattyington said:

This is probably the most boring response I could add to here, but I don't see Wendy on the Survivor's abduction list and I feel ripped off >:,(

I tried searching for small details, mostly on trinkets because we are unfamiliar with Wendy's background, and managed to find some few details that could potentially be true, even though very flimsy like a boat full of holes... heh...

"Wendy (1902<1923<) If we believe the theory that Maxwell's nieces, the twins that are referred to at the postcard then Abigail was still alive, during 1902. She could've also been taken after 1918, she appears to be familiar with the government issued license plates, she says: "Whatever this belonged to met a bad end." she never says whoever or whomever, this is incredibly flimsy, but this quote could be interpreted as: "Whatever automobile this belonged to..." that would mean she is familiar with them, we also know based on Jack's postcard that he is in New York with the twigs, that means since the license plates were licensed in 1903 she couldn't been taken after 1918, if she was living in another state other than New York. On the thought about the Ukulele she says: "Whoever this belonged to met a bad end." still this is again incredibly flimsy, on April 15, 1923 at the Rivoli Theater in New York City Smeck appeared, playing the ukulele, in Stringed Harmony, a short film made in the DeForest Phonofilm sound-on-film process, this could've boosted popularity of the instrument in New York and that's how Wendy came to this knowledge of its existence."

46 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Wes is propably taken during the

Reveal hidden contents

I added this information in the OP, thank you.

I would like to express my opinions and theories, but due to translation problems you may not understand me.

Your theories are interesting, especially about the great scientist and his attempts to explore a new world. A lot of exciting moments, but one question:"Why not all of the characters of the SW and Ham will come in Constant?"(this question is logical and can be discussed for a long time)

19 minutes ago, Russian Philin said:

I would like to express my opinions and theories, but due to translation problems you may not understand me.

Your theories are interesting, especially about the great scientist and his attempts to explore a new world. A lot of exciting moments, but one question:"Why not all of the characters of the SW and Ham will come in Constant?"(this question is logical and can be discussed for a long time)

I'm happy you found an interest in my theory, I'll be glad to hear your personal opinion on the matter even if I don't fully understand it.

About the question: "Why not all of the characters of the SW and Ham will come in Constant?"

This is the biggest hole in my theory and could prove that I am completely wrong. When DST was still in early-access not all characters were available to be played, this is because the characters were still being tested before being implemented into DST for multiplayer reasons, but, one could also interpret it as a delay in every survivor's appearance in the one dimension, we get to see Wes, Wendy, and Wolfgang appear before Wilson and Maxwell us in the Cyclum Puzzles, they were the first to appear, when did the others come? Much later. Warly is gonna be one of the most recent characters that will appear in front of all the survivors, who knows who else is gonna come through the portal? We were told that 4 brand new characters will come to DST, that excluded Warly, so we're waiting for 2 more (we already have Wortox and Wormwood) Wortox was already a being in The Constant and is a local there, Wormwood is a bit strange, he most likely came through the portal from Hamlet and appeared after everyone else but before Warly. Theory #2 is one of my earliest ideas I had come through and is probably the most unlikely, there are just too many plot holes that I can't seem to explain, maybe someone else will see, realize something that I haven't.

39 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

[ Cut because it's gigantic, talking about Wendy. ]

May be worth noting that Wendy has no idea what a hair dryer is. (She says something along the lines of "I simply do not know what it is" when examining the hair dryer trinket.)

27 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

May be worth noting that Wendy has no idea what a hair dryer is. (She says something along the lines of "I simply do not know what it is" when examining the hair dryer trinket.)

Edit 2, added information about the hairdryer, I completely forgot about the hallowed nights's trinkets.

3 hours ago, mathem99 said:

I'm happy you found an interest in my theory, I'll be glad to hear your personal opinion on the matter even if I don't fully understand it.

About the question: "Why not all of the characters of the SW and Ham will come in Constant?"

This is the biggest hole in my theory and could prove that I am completely wrong. When DST was still in early-access not all characters were available to be played, this is because the characters were still being tested before being implemented into DST for multiplayer reasons, but, one could also interpret it as a delay in every survivor's appearance in the one dimension, we get to see Wes, Wendy, and Wolfgang appear before Wilson and Maxwell us in the Cyclum Puzzles, they were the first to appear, when did the others come? Much later. Warly is gonna be one of the most recent characters that will appear in front of all the survivors, who knows who else is gonna come through the portal? We were told that 4 brand new characters will come to DST, that excluded Warly, so we're waiting for 2 more (we already have Wortox and Wormwood) Wortox was already a being in The Constant and is a local there, Wormwood is a bit strange, he most likely came through the portal from Hamlet and appeared after everyone else but before Warly. Theory #2 is one of my earliest ideas I had come through and is probably the most unlikely, there are just too many plot holes that I can't seem to explain, maybe someone else will see, realize something that I haven't.

Oh, you are such a kind and good man! Thank you for your kindness! :wilson_dorky:When I have the time will write something here =D
Well, actually it is a theory, so there are sometimes holes, but your guesses sounds very logical and reasonable:wilson_sneaky:

48 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Are you saying that since time works weirdly in the constant all the failed survivor skeletons we find are the playable characters?

That's what I'm assuming, yes. But this is because on the dimension where you're playing as a specific character (Let's say Wolfgang) everyone else is dead, a parallel dimension where Wilson was supposed to free Maxwell is now dead. All the skeletons are of the survivors that died. In the parallel dimension where Wilson hasn't died Wolfgang IS dead, in that universe is where the events of DST take, Wilson frees Maxwell, Charlie takes control of the Nightmare Throne and throws Wilson back into the Constant, Wilson and Maxwell work together to make the Florid Postern that links all the other parallel dimensions where the other survivors are still alive to be teleported into one place, the place where Wilson and Maxwell are alive.

A bit insane, isn't it?

Edit: Take this for example:

latest?cb=20130531080803

It's a set piece that appears in Don't Starve, it's a skeleton with beard hair and a fire staff and hound bones all around.

Now look at this picture:

latest?cb=20140523103018

It depicts Wilson with a beard running from red hounds with a Fire staff this is the parallel universe where Wilson is dead and Wolfgang is the playable character, the beard hair is definitive proof.

So a multidimensional theory in which all possibilities exist within the same space while also existing within all other spaces, leading not just to alternate worlds but alternate timelines based within the same groups of events...and then someone crossed the beams and broke the whole system.

I love it.

1 hour ago, reverentsatyr said:

So your also saying that's how you think Wilson died, then Wolfgang went back in time, but still on the same island?

Wolfgang #1, the Wolfgang who is the playable character in his own parallel universe in single-player DS was teleported via the Florid Postern into the parallel universe where Wilson was alive and is the main character of said universe and Wolfgang #2 is the dead one in that universe.

1 minute ago, GVIRUSINFECTEE said:

I always just thought they were trapped in a state of existence never to die but to re-live life over and over in regards of how many time they die until they ether break the cycle or re-start it all again never to end. 

I simple theory which is possible, but there are always skeletons around, previous survivors that have died. With your thought in mind that means that those skeletons belong to that survivor who is in that island with his cycle repeating, logically. But if it does belong to other survivors why haven't THEY relived their cycle in that island? The only possibility is that those skeletons are of the survivor that is on that island. Which takes us back to Theory 2 of Part 1.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I personally think the skeletons belong to the unimplemented characters that died a long time ago

That would be nice, but we sadly lack evidence to prove this to be true beyond reasonable doubt making it hard to hold water.

But, I don't mean to rain on your parade, please. It could easily be the truth, but Klei hasn't given us the information about it.

Edit: I enjoy listening to these theories, even if they are small and simple, no matter how ridiculous it might sound to another I like to think about it. I've been really intrigued by the story and lore of Don't Starve and hope to be part of this ride till the end.

I added an third Edit on the main post, if anyone is interested:

10 hours ago, mathem99 said:

Edit 3:

Hide contents
  • Updated Part 1, Theory 3, Part C. I show now why The Herald was a messenger sent by Them for the ancients: We clearly see on an obelisk in the Metheus puzzle that some sort of entity that resembles a 1/4 of a moon is coming out of the Ancient Gateway, this looks familiar, yes? It is identical to the Ancient Herald's head shape, this could potentially give support to my theory of him being a messenger of Them and that he came to Hamlet to repeat the same event with the ancients.

I thought it would be somewhat sturdy support to the theory.

Archived