Your Patch Notes for 1.0

• Whezeworts and oxyferns live in potted plant category. Their output "balanced".
  • Space radiators added.
  • Solar generators output doubled.
  • Generators consume fuel similar to refinery, produce power based on how far they can still increase the temperature of that packet between building temperature and a set limit. Outputs at building temperature. (I had to)
  • Water sieves freeze/boil water more readily, no control over sand temperature delivered by duplicants. Regolith NOT mentioned in building description.
  • Rust biome gets a burrowing Decay Critter, preferably one that will eat through most soft material, consume heat constantly and attach itself to duplicants if no other heat sources are available.
  • The whole shebang of nuclear material/power generation/radiation sickness/radiation mutation (critter morphs!) is added.
  • Mathmanic's pet bugs fixed.
  • Proper fluid dynamics with multiple liquids/gases per tile.
  • Gases don't linger for extended periods of time when surrounded by a gas of different weight.
  • Sheduler rewritten by somebody who knows how threaded processing is supposed to work. (srsly…)
  • Buildings don't request several different deliveries of material in weird amounts.
  • HELL, the game stops using floating point math for precise calculations. (I'm a programmer, forgive me)
  • Pufts useful. Breeding mechanic retained.
  • Dreckos only leave hydrogen/chlorine to eat/get groomed.
  • Pips get a more gremlin-like morph. (have you noticed what they do when "laying" an egg?)
  • Coal (and lumber) generators code updated to remove the "battery level" pre-automation weirdness. Requests for fuel not interrupted by automation signals going off.
  • Sweeper arms considered first for errand completion, CAN steal errands from duplicants.
  • Rust deoxidizer makes iron and oxygen.
  • Automation inputs/outputs on smart storage versions of all 3 types of container.
  • Pipe shutoffs work with a delay, gradually increasing/decreasing throughput over time. Power drained only when changing throughput.
  • 2kw/4kw/16kw two-way transformers.

And probably a ton of other things I will remember five minutes from now. In all honestly I am a bit worried that I can find so many things in this game that:

• I dislike.
  • Are serious design flaws.
  • Are missing or still in their testing stage.

37 minutes ago, Darkin Coaled said:
  • Coal (and lumber) generators code updated to remove the "battery level" pre-automation weirdness. Requests for fuel not interrupted by automation signals going off.

I still have a mod for this and the permission to add it to the game (modified or otherwise) is still valid. The components should work with the wood generator as well, though I'm still in the process of updating mods for Launch and haven't reached this mod yet.

- Copying storage container filters from one container to another also copies the container's name text.

- Storage container's "rename" button mouseover text changed from "Give this Duplicant a new name" to "Give this container a new name."

- Copying a bottle emptier's filters from one emptier to another also copies the emptier's auto-bottle setting.

(I'm playing QoL 3 still, so, forgive me if any of these have already made it into the preview branch.)

I wasn't intending to write anything here, until I came up with the idea for the Oxyfern change.  Then I kept adding more and more, until this ended up being longer than I thought.

• Oxyferns have been reworked:
    • Now a harvested plant that yields oxylite.  The amount produced will off-gas into the same amount of oxygen as it gave previously during it's growth period.
    • Still requires water, but is now fertilized with sulfur instead of dirt.
    • A small number of its seeds may be found buried in the rust biome.  All asteroids will have either the rust or swamp biomes in them, insuring there is always a source of oxylite for rocketry.
    • It has a 3% seed chance on harvest.
  • Sulfur deposits are now found in the forest biome, to fertilize the oxyferns found there.
  • The fertilizer synthesizer now consumes sulfur and phosphorite to produce fertilizer.
  • A new building has been added that uses sulfur.  (Couldn't think of anything off the top of my head.)
  • A new sulfur extractor building has been added, which produces sulfur from crude oil.
  • The different asteroids have been rebalanced and reordered to more accurately reflect their difficulties.
  • Two new asteroids have been added, a variant of Terra with no traits which serves as the beginner asteroid (the original Terra has been renamed), and a new asteroid specifically designed to be an extreme challenge.
  • Pips and Pokeshells each have a new variant.  Drekos also got a new variant.
  • Sage hatches can now eat lumber.  Drekos can now eat the Nosh sprout plant.
  • Ranching has had new options added that should make ranching much more convenient.  For example, you may flag a stable to automatically move or crack any eggs that give the stored critters the cramped status, preferring to move the egg with the least incubation percentage first.  Duplicants will now move eggs into and between stables, like when delivering critters.  Attack orders can be automatically given when a stable is over it's population limit, with the option to attack either the oldest critter, the youngest, or the one who's furthest from laying their next egg.
  • The egg cracker can now be flagged to crack only eggs from your stables, only eggs in the wild, or only eggs as requested by stables.
  • Barbecue is now cooked on the grill once again.
  • Frost buns are baked in the oven.
  • The gas range now consumes 30 g/s of natural gas OR The gas range's power consumption has been reduced to 30 W.  (Either change is good.)
  • A new mid-game food crop has been added to the forest biome as well as recipes for combining it with other crops.
  • Tofu and spicy tofu have had their caloric value rebalanced.  Nosh plants now should give similar value to water ratios as other food crops.  They are less efficient than sleet wheat, but have a faster growth time.
  • Rocket travel times have been reduced by a third across the board.  Upgrading rocket types, switching to liquid oxygen, and adding thrusters now reduces travel time.  Bringing more fuel than you need will further reduce travel time.
  • The steam rocket's base weight and construction cost have been reduced to give it a greater base range and allow a steam rocket equipped with a single cargo pod to reach the the 10,000 km destinations without a thruster.
  • The wood burner now produces 400 W and somewhat less CO2.
  • The Hospital and Recreation rooms have been removed, as they didn't do anything.

One more item for modders:

One examples of what this can do would be allowing High Flow Storage where instead of adding buildings with vertical and horizontal port layouts, it could be one building and pressing a key would change the layout. This will allow more customization without spamming the build menu.

Archived