wheezwort: wild vs domestic

What was so broken about wheezeworts?  I can understand nerfing them to be less powerful or less passive...

But both at the same time?  Why would you restrict their utility in two ways at once?  That's an overreaction for sure.

6 hours ago, CannedSmeef said:

What was so broken about wheezeworts?  I can understand nerfing them to be less powerful or less passive...

But both at the same time?  Why would you restrict their utility in two ways at once?  That's an overreaction for sure.

On the bright side, it seems the nerf didn't actually work.  Both tests in this thread are indicating that wild and domestic Wheezeworts are producing the same cooling effect, despite the 1/4 effectiveness modifier that wild is supposed to impose.  But that will likely get fixed going forward, so...

8 hours ago, CannedSmeef said:

My understanding is domestic wheezeworts are supposed to cool as much as the old wheezeworts, so that it's an either/or (although I'm not sure you can wild plant them anymore after the pip planting rule change), it's just that they're currently bugged in that they just act like wild ones.

2 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

it seems the nerf didn't actually work

41 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

My understanding is domestic wheezeworts are supposed to cool as much as the old wheezeworts...

it's just that they're currently bugged in that they just act like wild ones.

It is both power and consumption nerfs at the same time. They worked.

12000 W (old)
1333 W (new wild)
1333 W (new domestic)
5332 W (new domestic after potential future bugfix for 4x power)

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

It is both power and consumption nerfs at the same time. They worked.

12000 W (old)
1333 W (new wild)
1333 W (new domestic)
5332 W (new domestic after potential future bugfix for 4x power)

They were somewhat under-powered before, for example for liquid cooling. Now they are a bad joke.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

They were somewhat under-powered before, for example for liquid cooling.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Seriously? That tired old nonsense?

You just said that they were under-powered for liquid cooling. What makes you think that this 'under-powered' cooling wasn't intentional?

Retest with fixed WW.

Testing ground:20190719160031_1.thumb.jpg.f6166a5f258f8764277a1985087a45da.jpg

Start conditions in Cell painter, full load farm plot (12kg). Start energy 58.6Mj (via debug).

After run-off Phosphorite (3 cycles) we have:

• Wild. Energy 55.6Mj, temperature above WW -6.1C or about 1.67kW cooling (2 deg/cycle)
  • Domestic. Energy 53.4Mj, temperature above WW -23.2C or about 2.89kW cooling (7.7 deg/cycle)

4x boost for temperature scale (energy measure may be unclean, total mass change).

Archived