Jump to content

News on the update?


Recommended Posts

so... trying not to be impatient or anything, but it's been almost a month since the status update. All my console friends are mad because they haven't done serious game-play of DST for quite a while now, waiting for the update. Is it still being polished, or is it closer to being ready for release? Cuz I'd really like to play with my friends again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't know about the RoT updates, but Warly is about to come pretty shortly so that's all you can expect for now I guess.

Spoiler

I really like that lil Warly btw

Spoiler

Maybe to much

Spoiler

What?

Spoiler

warfi.jpg.e11c2e233617986f2a408bf5dc588f0e.jpgHOW DID THAT ENDED HERE ?

delete, delete, delete !

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

so... trying not to be impatient or anything, but it's been almost a month since the status update. All my console friends are mad because they haven't done serious game-play of DST for quite a while now, waiting for the update. Is it still being polished, or is it closer to being ready for release? Cuz I'd really like to play with my friends again.

i play on console and i realy wish i could play it so fingers crossed that it comes out before warly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ezaroth said:

They've been right on time with the past monthly character updates, so I'm getting impatient with the next one :) 

What do you mean? They've delayed every single character update and new character (except possibly for Wormwood, can't remember).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Discounting today it's been 20 days since the original release

And over a month since wormwood's release (which had the new update annouced on june 20th)

i'm guessing this update is going to be REALLY good for all the time spent on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2019 at 1:19 AM, Ezaroth said:

They all were revealed on the first week of each month except Wortox which was early by a few days so what do you mean?

You should click the 'quote' button otherwise people won't know you responded.

 

Klei's plan was to do one character refresh a month and a new character every two months. We are in the seventh month and only have 2 character refreshes and 2 new characters. We should be on our seventh character refresh this month. So I'm not sure how you can say they've been on time with everything.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, X-lem said:

You should click the 'quote' button otherwise people won't know you responded.

 

Klei's plan was to do one character refresh a month and a new character every two months. We are in the seventh month and only have 2 character refreshes and 2 new characters. We should be on our seventh character refresh this month. So I'm not sure how you can say they've been on time with everything.

I'm pretty sure their plan is to alternate between a character refresh and character dlc every month.

So March: Winona, April: Wortox, May: Willow, June: Wormwood, and July: Warly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope we get an update to RoT with Warly, I was about to get back into DST with RoT but decided to wait for more content... well... let's just say that I expected it to be a bit more fast. When Warly is out that makes it 2 months (I might be wronghere) after the first batch of content for RoT (not counting all the fixes).

I will wait, it's just I expected it to be like ANR (every 3 weeks (or 1 month)) new stuff.

I really hope we get more content to RoT with Warly. So I can get back into DST!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ezaroth said:

I'm pretty sure their plan is to alternate between a character refresh and character dlc every month.

So March: Winona, April: Wortox, May: Willow, June: Wormwood, and July: Warly.

 

Klei never said anything about alternating (if you have a post to show otherwise please do post).

This post says "Starting in March with Winona, we will be releasing a character refresh once a month ... A fresh batch of four characters have been unwittingly ensnared and brought into the world. These new survivors will be released into the wild starting in Mid-March, and a new one will be released every 2 months."

Nothing about alternating months. If this was the case a new character wouldn't be released in the same month as a refresh.

I was incorrect in thinking character refreshes were to start in Jan. Even so we should be on character refresh 5 this month, not 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, X-lem said:

 

Klei never said anything about alternating (if you have a post to show otherwise please do post).

This post says "Starting in March with Winona, we will be releasing a character refresh once a month ... A fresh batch of four characters have been unwittingly ensnared and brought into the world. These new survivors will be released into the wild starting in Mid-March, and a new one will be released every 2 months."

Nothing about alternating months. If this was the case a new character wouldn't be released in the same month as a refresh.

I was incorrect in thinking character refreshes were to start in Jan. Even so we should be on character refresh 5 this month, not 3.

"Character refresh" means an update to the character selection, not just updating an existing character. So Wortox, Wormwood and Warly are all considered a character refresh. And "a new one will be released every 2 months." exactly means alternating months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ezaroth said:

"Character refresh" means an update to the character selection, not just updating an existing character. So Wortox, Wormwood and Warly are all considered a character refresh. And "a new one will be released every 2 months." exactly means alternating months.

 

On 10. 7. 2019 at 4:27 PM, watermelen671 said:

As the wise @__IvoCZE__ once said,

Wortox and Wormwood are considered new characters, while Warly is a refresh, yeah it IS odd and confusing but we still have 2 new characters to go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Wortox and Wormwood are considered new characters, while Warly is a refresh, yeah it IS odd and confusing but we still have 2 new characters to go

Well it's not just that, they said they're scaling back on the release windows, because it was causing them too much stress and would result in unfinished products that they didn't want.

Also, why is Wormwood considered a new character, but Warly isn't? Is it because Wormwood is "newer"? :wilson_curious:

On 7/8/2019 at 10:41 PM, reverentsatyr said:

so... trying not to be impatient or anything, but it's been almost a month since the status update. All my console friends are mad because they haven't done serious game-play of DST for quite a while now, waiting for the update. Is it still being polished, or is it closer to being ready for release? Cuz I'd really like to play with my friends again.

Well, Warly is coming July 18th, and as they've consistently said previously they'll try their hardest to have it be released on all platforms at the same time. However it's honestly up to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo(?) as to how soon it'll be available for you, because of their review process and stuff.

Same thing goes for when RoT ToT is released from beta. As to when that'll happen, my guess (and it is only a guess because I have no idea) would be end of July into middle of August. So...yeah. :wilson_dorky:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Well, Warly is coming July 18th, and as they've consistently said previously they'll try their hardest to have it be released on all platforms at the same time. However it's honestly up to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo(?) as to how soon it'll be available for you, because of their review process and stuff.

I know that getting stuff through to consoles has to be accepted by those other people, but by the looks of it, Klei hasn't gotten that far yet. If consoles didn't get ToT because it wasn't allowed through, than I wouldn't have complained in these forums to Klei.

The ToT is 3 months behind, I was hoping the update would be out by now so that my friends would actually play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

I know that getting stuff through to consoles has to be accepted by those other people, but by the looks of it, Klei hasn't gotten that far yet. If consoles didn't get ToT because it wasn't allowed through, than I wouldn't have complained in these forums to Klei.

The content is 3 months behind, I was hoping the update would be out by now so that my friends would actually play.

...Turn of Tides was going to be released June 20th. They're not even a month past that yet, I dunno what you're going on about it being "3 months behind". You got Wormwood June 8th, you're getting Warly July 18th. That's content that IS on consoles, so I'm confused as to what you're getting at. 

Consoles don't have betas in the way that the RoT beta would require, so you simply can't get what you'd normally get on PC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

...Turn of Tides was going to be released June 20th. They're not even a month past that yet, I dunno what you're going on about it being "3 months behind".

2019 Roadmap:

Brand New Content
The team is now working on brand new content for Don’t Starve Together. Survivors will be able to travel to new lands with new biomes, creatures, and more. 

The first drop of this new content will come in mid-April, and we will continually be adding to the content every couple months afterward. 

31 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

You got Wormwood June 8th, you're getting Warly July 18th. That's content that IS on consoles, so I'm confused as to what you're getting at. 

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was talking about speciffically ToT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...