Tungsten smelt technology

20190612064137_1.thumb.jpg.71c35d761df81c38b72b08a194aaca89.jpg

20190706021615_1.thumb.jpg.0c00c9a4ede1b352b01944b88fb6f443.jpg

Is this tech known here? If not , now you guys can have it. This device use smelting heat to melt insulation tempshift plate. The production rate is not very good, but enough for me.  liquid Niobium here is made by rocket. 

My english is not that good, hope you can get my point. 

What object in the rocket exhaust was made of niobium? tempshift plate?

Very interesting!

FYI in experimental branch there are new rocket destinations, including possible ones with bleach stone & chlorine, ones with tungsten and wolframite, and ones with gold.  None are guaranteed on every map roll.

2 hours ago, lusss said:

Is this tech known here? If not , now you guys can have it. This device use smelting heat to melt insulation tempshift plate. The production rate is not very good, but enough for me.  liquid Niobium here is made by rocket. 

Thanks for sharing.  I'll add this to my list of tungsten creators. These pop up every once in a while, and are tough to find with the in forum search. 

I love how you naturally separated the two liquids with the double liquid pumps. Very nice.  I still use door melting for my tungsten needs, as the tungsten pops out solid, easy to grab with an auto-sweeper, while the other metal stays liquid. 

This is absolutely brilliant. Using tempshift plates as the target and rocket heat are both firsts on the forum for a working design AFAIK. Less micromanagement than melting pipes and 800kg chunks at a time is not bad at all.

On 2019/7/6 at 3:57 AM, Colqhoun said:

What object in the rocket exhaust was made of niobium? tempshift plate?

Blow the rocket engine there is an area which heat is added . Build a diamond block to absorb this heat, and it can be heated enough to melt Noibium. 

I think you guys have a term for this , like Rocket-heating or something .  

I'm lacking some basics here, I think, which everyone else in the thread probably already knows. But...

Supposing I make liquid niobium by nestling it in a little diamond bowl beneath a hydrogen engine. How do I get this super-hot fluid into pipes?

23 minutes ago, Jumpp said:

How do I get this super-hot fluid into pipes?

Simplest way is to put a wolframite pump over it and start pumping (into a liquid reservoir if you want).  Disable autorepair, and just let the pump work till it breaks.  Then dismantle the pump and do it again. There are other ways, but this is quite simple. 

23 minutes ago, Jumpp said:

I'm lacking some basics here, I think, which everyone else in the thread probably already knows. But...

Supposing I make liquid niobium by nestling it in a little diamond bowl beneath a hydrogen engine. How do I get this super-hot fluid into pipes?

With bugged pumps like here :

image.png.8b9810fd56ae1eabc2042f95c43da222.png

Pumps collect from a range, they aren't in contact with the super heated liquid, just the viscogel - so they exchange no temperature and can handle the liquid. It's super cheaty, but until Klei give us a means of pumping super hot liquids (Abyssalite-infused pumps when?) it's all we've got.

41 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Pumps collect from a range, they aren't in contact with the super heated liquid, just the viscogel - so they exchange no temperature and can handle the liquid. It's super cheaty, but until Klei give us a means of pumping super hot liquids (Abyssalite-infused pumps when?) it's all we've got.

Maybe they could make it so buildings could be coated with a shell of "insulation" to dramatically reduce heat exchange with their environment.

3 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Are we sure this trick still works? I just tried that, in debug mode, setting it up as near to that arrangement as I could. And the pumps, when they run, draw up the visco gel that's hanging to the side of those metal tiles.

Is there some trick to activating them so that they draw only tungsten and not visco gel? 

26 minutes ago, Jumpp said:

Are we sure this trick still works? I just tried that, in debug mode, setting it up as near to that arrangement as I could. And the pumps, when they run, draw up the visco gel that's hanging to the side of those metal tiles.

Is there some trick to activating them so that they draw only tungsten and not visco gel?

No trick - he's pumping the visco-gel by-design. The liquid filters skim and drop the visco-gel right back to the initial spot.

The visco-gel lets the pump, pump, and because pumps absorb elements in a cross pattern, the super-hot liquids get pulled into the pipes as well, despite not submerging the pump itself.

Archived