All "colony achievements" on one colony

Going for all "colony achievements" on one colony is fun. Anyone else doing those?

Most of the achievements are very easy, but carnivore, sustainable and no planting ones are different in that you can't just slap them on any colony. Going for all three in one run is an actual challenge.

Though honestly, it's mostly just the carnivore. To get it, you need to eat an equivalent of 125 hatches in just 100 cycles. For most of the run, my dupes were starving and eating fried mush, but around 80th cycle, I had to start recruiting more just to help with eating the critters. After carnivore "ticks", the rest is just endurance.

My recent colony is such a "all achievements" one ... I got the all time based ones and most of the common ones. 

I just need a few middle game and all late game achievements (Such as getting the critter from space).

My colony got 20 dupes and is around its 200th cycle. Wish me luck^^

I'm currently doing one on Arboria.  The biggest problem is the Carnivore.  You can get away with mush fry and tofu for a while, and the electrolizer conversion once you locate your water sources will have super sufficient dealt with eventually.

Any rock with a forest start though is going to have a rough opening.  The problem is the single hatch.  8 hatch openings on the sandstone ones are easy.  With a single hatch you've got a 30-40 cycle delay of 'critical mass'.  I typically start actual ranching around cycle 15, using incubators and some automation I've devised.  On cycle 26 I'll have 2 hatch, 1 hatchling, and 2 more eggs.  Cycle 37 (notice it's going in 11 cycle sweeps...) 4 hatch, 1-2 hatchlings, and I'll start having about 4 eggs.

Critical mass happens once the first hatch ranch is 'full' and the stone ranch is building momentum, that typically happens between cycle 50 and 60 where the meat will start flowing in.

This is too late.

I've taken to grabbing an 'anything' group at some point in the forest starts.  3 vole or hatch eggs or a pacu drop.  If you can get it early enough, you can get ahead of the cycle.

14 minutes ago, axxionx12 said:

I'm on track to complete the all achievement run! Just need to get into space... Super sustainable really slows down expansion when you're using mostly mouse wheels for power...

I can't agree more. Although you can harvest thermal energy with steam turbines. You might want a glossy dreck ranch instead of polymer press for plastic. I also thought about solar panels, but didn't think of an energy efficient way to deal with bunker doors, not to mention the amount of steel production you'll need to set them up.

40 minutes ago, axxionx12 said:

I'm on track to complete the all achievement run! Just need to get into space... Super sustainable really slows down expansion when you're using mostly mouse wheels for power...

Ain't this the truth. Managed to get both Locavore and Carnivore but it took me till cycle 320 or so to finally get Super Sustainable. 

It took me a while to figure out how to get carnivore reliably without save scumming for pacu and/or shovevoles. You have to bum rush ranching as quick as possible. Turn all of your wild critters tame, because you need all the critters you can get. You can use pips to plant for you if you want to ranch dreckos/pips to get locavore at the same time. After carnivore, everything is pretty easy.

Same.  Just discovered that my seed doesn't have any wolframite on it, so I am debating restarting to ensure I get a seed with it so I can finally make use of all the space age materials I've never used.

Carnivore, Locavore, and Super Sustainable all at once was a challenge for my Oasisse playthrough, but I had a lucky polluted water vent basically in my starting biome which made stuff so much easier vs my first attempt where I was surrounded by volcanos with the only close geyser being a hot polluted oxygen vent.

Shove voles make getting meat calories easy, but I still had to stress out my binge eaters to make the deadline.  Atomosuit and not letting them into the bathroom got 40% stress daily to set them off multiple times.  If you can dig to the surface to hunt for them that's a less RNG based way to get the achievement.

4 hours ago, Bobasour said:

I can't agree more. Although you can harvest thermal energy with steam turbines. You might want a glossy dreck ranch instead of polymer press for plastic. I also thought about solar panels, but didn't think of an energy efficient way to deal with bunker doors, not to mention the amount of steel production you'll need to set them up.

I'll second the glossy drecko ranch idea.  It was kinda weird being at cycle 800 and looking at my resource screen to see I had something like 40T of plastic. :D

After reading this thread, and having basically conquered aridia, I'm going to try for this one. I wanted super sustainable on my last game but totally messed that up as I built a few coal gens when I wasn't thinking straight, then added NG generators to boot.

I'm already off to a great start, with RNGesus blessing me when I was picking my initial crewmembers, as these guys popped up as first or nearly first options after selecting their main role.

Rowan, Researcher, Iron Gut, Allergies, Binge eater.
He's going to be my meat sponge. I think Pinhead would be proud of what I'm planning to do with him eventually. :shock:

Nails, Digging, Supplying, Decorating, Early Bird, Gastrophobia, Ugly Crier
This is going to be my builder/digger.

Burt, Cooking, Operating, Night Owl, Squeamish
My Cook / operator

I'm going to be playing on Badlands, once I get some decent O2 going, I will be expanding my crew with a rancher, and a gopher.

16 hours ago, axxionx12 said:

Super sustainable really slows down expansion when you're using mostly mouse wheels for power...

You can speed it up by producing hydrogen and using that for power. You can produce hydrogen in one spot and space the oxygen. This lets you tune the wheels to almost halve the dupe time loss from wheels.

Of course it requires rushing the space and wasting water, but neither should be a huge deal. You'll want to reach space early anyway, since each vole is 1/20 of the carnivore achievement.

If you're going to electrolyser water for hydrogen power, you might as well just delete the O2 through a door compresser, less digging up to space.

I'm currently at cycle 55 with 92 out of 400 Mcal eaten. I have created a little Hell for Rowan already, although I don't have any buddy buds to get allergies for her. She's binging on nicely with 50-60% stress generated per cycle.

Here is an image of her 'cosy' little home.
Points to note:
- It has a bed, but she's not allowed to use it.
- Décor is around -300
- There is a light, it does not go off, so sleeping is always unrested.
- She has to run that wheel all day, every day, without any breaks for the bathroom or eating or sleeping.
- When she stresses out, she leaves that little hell hole and gets to stuff herself full of meat from the fridge.

EDIT:
not shown on the screenshot, but I just checked my pod, it had bristle blossom seeds in it, so I just put those down around the inner door, so Rowan gets to smell the flowers all the time. ( She has allergies, as mentioned in my previous post )

20190910170938_1.jpg

On 7/1/2019 at 12:45 AM, Coolthulhu said:

but around 80th cycle, I had to start recruiting more just to help with eating the critters. After carnivore "ticks", the rest is just endurance.

I found a lot of success by trying to take mostly dupes with the binge eater trait, and once I had a huge farm going, would take one or two dupes and make their life miserable (Lock them in a room full of water with a no sleep or break work schedule, spend all their skill points on high cost jobs, etc.) I was able to get 25% of the requirement eaten in only 6 days. 

3 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

You can speed it up by producing hydrogen and using that for power. You can produce hydrogen in one spot and space the oxygen. This lets you tune the wheels to almost halve the dupe time loss from wheels.

Of course it requires rushing the space and wasting water, but neither should be a huge deal. You'll want to reach space early anyway, since each vole is 1/20 of the carnivore achievement.

Yep I considered regolith steam or burning hydrogen, but I wanted to save as much hydrogen as possible for rockets later on. Basically my own silly personal rules interfered. Haha 

An incubator series I designed for super sufficient and Carnivore for egg incubation.  It may help some folks. It's not perfect, you can get gaps if you don't maintain it manually to keep everything shifted to the right, but it's not hard to move an egg over if you kick it over from a dead spot.

5d7833c70646e_Incubator6Main.thumb.JPG.85954416ec152a1744406f639eb9bcdf.JPG5d7833d3bc0fe_Incubator6Automation.thumb.JPG.f35c43ca860e15398662c00d64ee1c83.JPG

EDIT: Forgot the timings.  Timer loop on the right is a 200s+200s+200s+30s loop to let the lullaby wear out before power is applied.  Loop timer won't restart until the first egg is being lullabied.  Buffers on the incubators are 0.1 seconds (they're just circuit isolators).  Filter on the left of each incubator is 8s.  I find this to be efficient enough and allow for some lagginess.

Just managed this today:

unknown.png

Did it on a Terra asteroid b/c I wanted easy hatches for Carnivore. Last achievement was "Job Suitability". Ran into trouble on that one, since it appears to count Duplicants on space missions as required. Since I had just sent off a duplicant to the temporal tear, I had to wait almost 50 cycles for him to return alone (I thought it was a one-way trip, anyway?)

Carnivore is definitely the hardest one, especially when combined with locavore and super sustainable, though it was worse when I attempted it on the Launch Preview (where only raw meat counted).

Took me just shy of 640 cycles, again, in large part due to having to wait for the rocket to return, and then also having to retrieve a gassy moo.

Critter Whisperer looks like it might be bugged - I got credit for slicksters and pokeshells despite never taming any (at least not intentionally). Easy Living was easy with the 1kg coal -> coal generator setup.

Archived