[Game Update] - 347059

• Developer
  • Fix crash when opening the colony summary screen if there were no "summaried" colonies available
  • Improve imperative-earned animation
  • Skill Stations are no longer valid targets for changing skills (Dupes now use the portal). Fixes a crash when they would try.
  • Updated oxyfern seed art
  • Lights no longer "linger" around the world
  • Research screen zoom takes UI scale in to account. Added zoom buttons
  • Fix crash when loading timelapses if a colony has 'png' in the name
  • New Park Sign artwork and building size
  • Added a bunch of missing strings
  • Updated Desalinator description to correctly not mention steam
  • Dig errands are correctly removed when a building construction is cancelled

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Research screen zoom takes UI scale in to account. Added zoom buttons

Much better, but I would still prefer to be able to zoom out even further, like being able to view the entire tree at once. It doesn't matter that it will be tiny and possibly hard to read (particularly at low resolutions). I just want to get an easy overview of the shape. This would be useful for new players and for all players once mods figures out how to add new techs.

10 hours ago, Ellilea said:

Wonderful, great, marvelous! I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I NEED the kitten art completed. I NEED it. More than any seed...

tenor.gif

Then it turns out to be a terrier :p

giphy.webp

(I'm expecting elements of both)

Edited by Yunru

1 minute ago, WanderingKid said:

@Ipsquiggle On an actual note besides the memes, It would appear the wood stove isn't obeying the power expectation rules that coal generators do.  I've got 4 batteries at full and they're still stuffing wood in when it's set to 15%.

I would add that my coal generator interface improvement (complete with working mod source code) should apply to the wood generator as well.

1 minute ago, Nightinggale said:

I would add that my coal generator interface improvement (complete with working mod source code) should apply to the wood generator as well.

I'm glad, but I personally prefer to play in vanilla except for QOL changes, and so far I haven't seen any I'd prefer.  I don't prefer to use mechanic changes in mods.

Just now, WanderingKid said:

I'm glad, but I personally prefer to play in vanilla except for QOL changes, and so far I haven't seen any I'd prefer.  I don't prefer to use mechanic changes in mods.

That's not what I meant. It's a proposal for Klei. Obviously you are free to use any mod I have released on steam (or not if you don't want to), but that wasn't what I was talking about here.

Just now, Nightinggale said:

That's not what I meant. It's a proposal for Klei. Obviously you are free to use any mod I have released on steam (or not if you don't want to), but that wasn't what I was talking about here.

Ah, that's not how I understood it.  Carry on, nothing to see here...

Yes the tech tree needs adjustment.
Could use more steps in zooming. Moving rocketry back up to where it was on the right side of the tree was better. All that space on the right of the screen not being used up. As well as the left. Could also shorten the space in between lines to make it shorter.

Computers should be along the line of power and super computer in with the computer line.
Ore scrubber in the liquid line should be moved to more along the line of medicine but maybe another line like "decontamination"
Everything that has to do with getting rid of Polluted gases liquids and germs along with deoderizer germ sensor etc.
Insulation tiles in with thermal protection with the heater, ice maker, thermo regulator and aqua tuner.
Jukebox in power, espresso machine in liquids and arcade cabinet in computers?

It just has no flow to it. It's similar to KSP tech tree.