Wormwood is kind of op in DST

Dang. Haven't seen that before.

Was hunger and health already even somewhat of a problem before Wormwood was added? I see your Webbro over there, even he is (probably) doing well for himself by ending the night with 40 Monster Meat. Or maybe even some guy just building a Bunnyman Farm later, which will eventually just be pumping out Meaty Stews and Pierogi. I wouldn't exactly call someone OP if all they really do is save the time otherwise spent building / killing stuff to get a self-sufficient source of health and hunger, which is a finite perk in the long run.

28 minutes ago, Plushical said:

Dang. Haven't seen that before.

Was hunger and health already even somewhat of a problem before Wormwood was added? I see your Webbro over there, even he is (probably) doing well for himself by ending the night with 40 Monster Meat. Or maybe even some guy just building a Bunnyman Farm later, which will eventually just be pumping out Meaty Stews and Pierogi. I wouldn't exactly call someone OP if all they really do is save the time otherwise spent building / killing stuff to get a self-sufficient source of health and hunger, which is a finite perk in the long run.

I can see every characters rework making combo between each getting significant and stronger

as I've seen Wormwood is the one who turns seeds into more value fruits easily

and then double or tripple the amount using birdcage everytime

with a grandma, this way can be done faster and faster just in early days

and I will not say this is self-sufficent work, this could save tons of resources comparing to others at cost of almost nothing

btw, I just notice a bug, Wormwood's planted crops

if they are spoiling and before rotting, the first kind of fruit you harvest is spoiled, 

after that, all the same kinds you harvest and stacking is counted as 100% fresh

Honestly I'd say wormwood is middle tier or even a little below middle. Hunger has never really been an issue, but his limited healing options is an issue. mid to late game people usually have a surplus of living logs anyways, and his green thumb tab doesn't have anything very special. His speed in spring is barely worth the hunger rate increase.

12 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

OP maybe in pvp, but otherwise I'm pretty confident it's a gimmick. 

What kind of characters do you actually play in DST? I know that the armor can be useful especially for WX-78, Wickerbottom, Wigfrid, Wortox, or Wormwood. It also grants you a nice sort of a boost when scouting the caves, or allows you to create a twig farm which never diseases and grants twigs during winter without the use of an axe or shovel.

Left alone crops planted by Wormwood take a proverbial forever to grow and rot rather quick. Also Wormwood has no hp-advantage from food thus you're doing all that for supporting/the benefit of others (if you're not playing alone that is). As previous posters pointed, PlantLad's con's balance his pros, making him an all-rounded mid-tier character.

1 hour ago, Bird Up said:

OP maybe in pvp, but otherwise I'm pretty confident it's a gimmick. 

Not really, it's super good at getting rid of killer bees, and spiders.

Edit - Also his bramble traps are also SUPER effective against the hound waves. AND there cheaper

4 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Not really, it's super good at getting rid of killer bees, and spiders.

Edit - Also his bramble traps are also SUPER effective against the hound waves. AND there cheaper

They're cheaper? Since when? Hound's tooth is extremely abundant and Bramble Traps require Living Logs, while Tooth Traps don't.

Just now, 515905_1452787397 said:

They're cheaper? Since when? Hound's tooth is extremely abundant and Bramble Traps require Living Logs, while Tooth Traps don't.

- Stingers are a lot easier to get the hounds teeth (Also the addition of bramble husk)

- If you have a Wortox buddy 1 butterfly = 1 living log

- No grass either (1 rope can stack up quickly) 10 traps = 30 grass

Just now, GetRektKids said:

- Stingers are a lot easier to get the hounds teeth (Also the addition of bramble husk)

- If you have a Wortox buddy 1 butterfly = 1 living log

- No grass either (1 rope can stack up quickly) 10 traps = 30 grass

You're using a lot of assumptions to conclude Bramble Traps are cheaper than Tooth Traps.

Assuming stingers are easier to get. They're not, for me. I have piles upon piles of Hound's Tooth but barely a stack of Stinger.

Bramble Husk requires 4 bone shards to make. Bone shards is barely renewable and all methods of acquiring them will yield an average of 1shard per day.

Assuming a Wortox player, which is not true in my case as in many others.

Grass is a problem? Really?

2 minutes ago, 515905_1452787397 said:

Assuming stingers are easier to get. They're not, for me. I have piles upon piles of Hound's Tooth but barely a stack of Stinger.

Eh I feel this is your one meh point. Bees are easy to kill if you're specifically farming them

Other then that, yup I feel those traps are more expensive. If you include other players into the mix then why even make traps at all when wickerbottom can just play sleepy time stories, putt all the dogs to sleep and kill one at a time

A character should stand on it's own two feet when alone, and when wormwood is alone, those traps are an expensive 20 hp each.

54 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

and when wormwood is alone, those traps are an expensive 20 hp each.

I kinda disagree. From full health you can craft 7 living logs, which would leave you at 10 hp. You can then use a tent to fully heal, then repeat the process. A tent can be used 6 times, so you can essentially get 42 living logs at the cost of 6 silk, 3 ropes, 4 twigs and excess food that Wormwood can easily produce.

7 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

I kinda disagree. From full health you can craft 7 living logs, which would leave you at 10 hp. You can then use a tent to fully heal, then repeat the process. A tent can be used 6 times, so you can essentially get 42 living logs at the cost of 6 silk, 3 ropes, 4 twigs and excess food that Wormwood can easily produce.

Huh, I completely forgot about tents and rolls. 

Hmm, that's actually rather cheap. Tents regen 2hp and 1 sanity a second at the cost of 1 hunger. All it costs beyond the structure itself is time (roughly 10 seconds per log) which although very valuable can still be cost efficient if done when we have downtime (no one plays perfectly) 

So if you have a decent spider farm up and running (which is reccomend for the glands anyhow) you can take full advantage of those traps, at the cost of time. They're nice now

well, I said Wormwood kind of op because in the first place I thought he was in disadvantage 

HP: after realizing a dodge skill / wortox / tent that may simply replace the Well in Hamlet

Sanity: Wormwood can easily go bottom and top quickly as he wish

his plant method just avoid taking tons of resources that you got to collect and waste a lots of time, seriously

and farm plots take larger size to place, in case flingo can just cover less of them

literally solve hunger and health problem for everyone in first winter, I was having 20 crops for each kind, in first 20 days

(except carrots and corn are common, they are above 50)

and the bug I've mentioned, actually extend Wormwood's crops 10 days life, until it is fixed in future

I just wanna mention that you don’t really need a bee farm (not bee box those are still good) if your WormWood. Just slap on your bramble armor and helmet and go punch a bee in a bee field. They’ll keep coming at you but most will die before they get a chance to sting.

Side note, if your planning to use bearger to chop trees your sanity’s gonna get destroyed. But you can just plant pine cones to nullify the effects (unlike I did cause I thought he didn’t effect me.).

On 6/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, 515905_1452787397 said:

You're using a lot of assumptions to conclude Bramble Traps are cheaper than Tooth Traps.

Bramble Husk requires 4 bone shards to make. Bone shards is barely renewable and all methods of acquiring them will yield an average of 1shard per day.

Assuming a Wortox player, which is not true in my case as in many others.

Grass is a problem? Really?

Not saying grass is hard to get, I'm saying it stacks up quickly 

Stingers are easy to get all you have to do is find killer bee biome wear a beekeeper hat, and a bramble husk and you are good

Archived