Stench Suit - How to shower exactly once and never loose your +3 buff again

The +3 shower buff disappears when a dupe wakes up - unless they are wearing an exosuit.  So...., if you make your dupes sleep in their exosuit, you never loose the buff. (No PW from the daily shower, but no need for clean water either...) 

Poor Jean took one shower, over 100 cycles ago, and has happily kept her +3 showered buff since.  She takes off her daytime suit right before bed, puts on the communal sleeping suit (that Stinky recently took off), and then wakes up peacefully a while later, ready to go without a shower.

• Which is worse, the suit she has worn every day for >85% of the cycle without ever showering, or the suit that she shares with everyone else? 

stenchsuit.thumb.png.9ebdbf59e9e9f5f8d29810916f8dfeb0.png

I guess I could put the suit swapping in front of the toilet, and then there is a communal "take a dump in this suit" exosuit.  Hmmmmm...

If you decide to use a sealed apartment strategy, dealing with idling dupes is a pain. There is a mod for this, but here's my take.

• The manual generators at the top are there to keep the dupes from removing their suit when they idle. 
  • The power shutoff actives when the smart batteries are 98% full, and then lets power back when they hit 95%.  This keeps the dupes happily running 100% of the time as the generators never see 100% power, nor do the transformers ever heat up.
  • I use a 30s off/on toggle for 0.1s (not gate, followed by buffer set to 30s - in a loop), attached to the manual generators, to get them to stop, should they be needed elsewhere.
  • The tiny batteries are there to negate a transformer bug. Leaving them out makes for a huge mess. 

The gold statues keep everyone happy with a max decor buff. Just sleeping through the night is enough to get this (the dupes do benefit from above 120 decor, despite the tool tips). I may have 48+ pacus right below my left dining room.  Not sure - I stopped counting.  

1 hour ago, OxCD said:

Ahah. Not repleted to abuse elemental glitch, you're taking on dups' routine glitch. And always in a smart and constructive way.

Technically, the liquid duplication bug does appear in this picture. That liquid tepidizer below my toilet in the bottom left corner is needed to get my 3C water up to a comfortable 17C.  ;) 

2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

That does also solves the ventilation issues you get when putting cots between glass floor and ceiling to get the decor in.

I've been playing this base for quite a while, and I didn't see the two non window tiles till you commented.  Guess I need to go add this issue to the your biggest annoyances thread, namely that when drawing tiles and other things, the computer likes to skip tiles (here's the 6 month old forum post and bug report).  

1 minute ago, bobucles said:

Is there any reason to allow exosuits pointing away from the bedrooms? Would it still work if the suits pointed 1 way into the bedrooms, like a glorified pajama closet?

It works just fine (I tested it before posting).  As long as you make sure only one dupe needs to bedroom at a time, you could shrink down the number of exosuits needed. 

The only reason I have it pointing out as well, is I like to have my dupes in exosuits all day long, and train to exosuit engineer first on every dupe. 

On 6/12/2019 at 5:11 PM, mathmanican said:

Which is worse, the suit she has worn every day for >85% of the cycle without ever showering, or the suit that she shares with everyone else? 

I guess I could put the suit swapping in front of the toilet, and then there is a communal "take a dump in this suit" exosuit.  Hmmmmm...

This is so awful it has transcended awful and entered the realm of art. 

Archived