oxygen not included description is wrong

5ced12a177d39_Skrmbillede2019-05-28kl_12_48_30.png.7a46e5c82e98fbe4a6d0c1c5fe911120.png

"in the space-colony simulation game oxygen not included you'll find that scarcities of oxygen, warmth and sustenance are constant threats to your colony's survival."

right now cold isn't a threat - its heat.

of course, new biomes might change this, but right now heat is more of a threat than something that is needed.

I think that description says that warmth and sustenance are constant threats to your colony's survival and also scarcities of oxygen.

Part about oxygen is not really true - you will have plenty of it if managed right.

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

right now cold isn't a threat - nothing is..

There's a mod named Subzero on steam. Same map gen but everything beside the starting biome starts at -170 degC. Frozen gases all around. It's a timebomb until the cold eventually gets you. :p

5 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

That's not true. Steam turbines will teach you that heat is good and cold means the whole base dies due to power shortage.

What is the link between cold & power sortage at base or map scale ?

47 minutes ago, Rogue Witch said:

There's a mod named Subzero on steam. Same map gen but everything beside the starting biome starts at -170 degC. Frozen gases all around. It's a timebomb until the cold eventually gets you. :p

Sounds fair!

I wonder if that's one of the DLC options they have in their back pocket? A mode where things are flipped around so things that are normally hot are cold, and vice-versa. I'm thinking if they went whole hog, with new biomes that are explicitly designed to be opposite-temperature versions of the existing ones (aside from the safe starting area, at least), and new plants and critters that are adapted to this bizzarro world asteroid.

2 hours ago, OxCD said:

What is the link between cold & power sortage at base or map scale ?

Cold makes steam turbines stop. Stopped generators means no power.

1 hour ago, Zerathzul said:

I wonder if that's one of the DLC options they have in their back pocket? A mode where things are flipped around so things that are normally hot are cold, and vice-versa.

We could easily make a cold map. Just make liquid hydrogen volcanoes. Add enough of them and you will learn that heat is your friend.

If we want heat, then we could add a lava biome on top. That way you have to "dig" through liquid magma to reach space. Now you have to figure out how reach space without filling your base with liquid magma.

There are many ways to make the game different and more challenging without spending ages on adding more game mechanics.

2 hours ago, Rogue Witch said:

instead of putting machine outside your base, you put everything inside.  Warm your hands on that metal refinery 

8 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Cold makes steam turbines stop. Stopped generators means no power.

Huh, that way :) Fortunately turbines are not generators but heat consumers so the link should be negligible.

48 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Yup tepidizer is using a glitch that I really hope will be fixed at release, then if it is, 2 options will remain : tepidizer is nerfed, and cannot assume enough for the turbine, or tepidizer is boosted, and cans do the job without exploit.

Waiting for the second option, i personnaly don't consider it's usable that way at the moment.

But I do agree that's really a personnal and appropriated opinion.

The AT will not allow significant power excess, even if turbine is tuned-up. 

Volcano is an option for free energy, but still negligible compared to an oil to petro boiler.

12 hours ago, Angpaur said:

I think that description says that warmth and sustenance are constant threats to your colony's survival and also scarcities of oxygen.

Part about oxygen is not really true - you will have plenty of it if managed right.

scarcities or oxygen, warmth and sustenance. I think its scarcities of all 3.

but I might be wrong.

2 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

scarcities or oxygen, warmth and sustenance. I think its scarcities of all 3.

As a non-english native speaker I will not argue any further ;) I guess you're right.

Archived