WormWood abilities.

Pretty much just an area to post what you hope WormWood will bring to the table. 

Personally I think he’ll bloom in spring, thrive in rain or when wet, and be able to bring certain plants to life (or some type of relationship with plants.) I haven’t thought of any good downsides yet though .

I don't think he will lose sanity anymore from plants being destroyed near him because then he'd just walk next to Woodie or Maxwell and go mad, which doesn't really fit the multiplayer theme..

As for an ability, you can see the green gem in his chest beaming in the promo art, so he will probably be able to grow plants like that. Maybe more...

As@FreyaMaluk pointed out he already has a good set of pros and cons, its a pretty solid character. He may have some tweaks here and there mostly in balance I assume, but I certainly hope that he is not completely reworked.

1 minute ago, Plushical said:

As for an ability, you can see the green gem in his chest beaming in the promo art, so he will probably be able to grow plants like that. Maybe more...

Oh and new skills are always welcome, of course.

Just gotta be *real* careful when playing Wormwood, don't go catching fire anywhere near base. O_O

(Would other players be able to extinguish a smoldering Wormwood? Would Wicker's Applied Horticulture bloom Wormwood? Will Wortox's souls heal Wormwood?! SO MANY QUESTIONS.)

i feel like he should have his flammability removed it could accidentally destroy the community base especially with all the reworked Willows running around

its like inventory burning but you know... awful

and the attracts bugs aspects were just annoying and nothing more i would like to see those go

What I'm mostly hoping for is that they beef his unique armor and traps, accordingly to DST. No other character in your server will want an armor that uses your backpack area and is not at least as resistant and protective as a log suit. Or a trap field that costed you a ton of healing to make, and that takes longer to kill stuff than real tooth traps.

Please Klei, my avocado is counting on you..

please.png

5 hours ago, Axelocke said:

Just gotta be *real* careful when playing Wormwood, don't go catching fire anywhere near base. O_O

(Would other players be able to extinguish a smoldering Wormwood? Would Wicker's Applied Horticulture bloom Wormwood? Will Wortox's souls heal Wormwood?! SO MANY QUESTIONS.)

Honestly, if Wormwood immediately went into the final stage of blooming when Wicker read applied hort. I'd love that. (It'd also give WX a run for his money, and ANOTHER character constantly harassing every Wicker they see.)

Also

4 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i feel like he should have his flammability removed it could accidentally destroy the community base especially with all the reworked Willows running around

its like inventory burning but you know... awful

and the attracts bugs aspects were just annoying and nothing more i would like to see those go

I mean, smoldering only happens in Summer, and if you don't have flingos in Summer that's the base's fault. (Unless a Wormwood has *been* on fire for a few seconds and consciously walks into base whilst previously not being in said base.)

Also, I don't see a reason for people to *not* be able to extinguish a smoldering Wormwood by hand, just like any other object. It's a valuable trade-off, you either take 5 damage, or your friend takes 30+ damage.

7 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

He may have some tweaks here and there mostly in balance I assume, but I certainly hope that he is not completely reworked.

Oh and new skills are always welcome, of course.

The promo image for WW makes me feel like I was right about his gem being Light-attuned rather than the Dark we've seen so far. He might end up with something pretty Luny.

6 hours ago, metallichydra said:

why remove his awesome downsides?

i just find the bugs more of a annoyance than anything it only really works on bees i mean who gets attacked by bees if they aren't rushing through a killer bee field?

Just now, 4 Da LOLs said:

i just find the bugs more of a annoyance than anything it only really works on bees i mean who gets attacked by bees if they aren't rushing through a killer bee field?

me when trying to kill killerbee hives.

but i didnt mean his bug-attraction, i meant the fire-downside (he can catch fire easily)

Just now, metallichydra said:

but i didnt mean his bug-attraction, i meant the fire-downside (he can catch fire easily)

meh i just find it fickle around campfires

wouldn't mind if it were for things other than campfires tho

Archived