The gorge 2019

I don't think so, since Klei is focusing on new base content instead of events, but we may be receiving a couple features based on gorge gameplay coming mid-may. I don't know exactly what they've got planned though, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled.

Maybe they can release it as a client side game mode, much like how the forged forge mod works. That is: hosted by a player or a dedicated server mounted by the community, and people logs into that specific server to play.

Eg: choose server type: pve, pvp, forge, gorge.

So the devs do not have to worry to host the servers or keep the game mode updated, and the people interested, can still play these events without having to rely on mods, once and then.

Probably the same time as the last year, I don’t think they will throw all the effort in making assets and coding.

If they are focusing on new content then they don’t have to make new contents for gorge, just drop it was like the last year.

15 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Maybe they can release it as a client side game mode, much like how the forged forge mod works. That is: hosted by a player or a dedicated server mounted by the community, and people logs into that specific server to play.

Eg: choose server type: pve, pvp, forge, gorge.

So the devs do not have to worry to host the servers or keep the game mode updated, and the people interested, can still play these events without having to rely on mods, once and then.

I'm positive that's Klei's plan to make forge/gorge hostable once they're sure they aren't gonna use them as events again. Seems like a no brainer and anything else would be such a waste.

I hope it comes back, at least one or two more times. I unfortunately missed out on both the Gorge and Forge events, and want to try them both out if they ever come back around. I don't see why they wouldn't, they seem to have plenty of replay-ability to those who liked the events to start with? I suppose we'll have to wait and see, though. 

The original roadmap was hoping to have the character revamps done I think by the end of this year. Now that they've pushed the roadmap back even further with the recent update. I'd expect Gorge 2 & Forge 3 (if they happen) to not take place till well into 2020 or 2021. 

Which surprised me cuz I hadn't thought of it that way. This was pointed out to me by my chat the other day so just passing the thought along! :)

Archived