Can crock pots explode?

I was just chilling next to my fire pit with Glommer during winter in dst, when I go over to chop down some trees and-

Boom.

I heard something that sounded like a thunder strike, but I was confused. It wasn't raining and I had placed a lightning rod not to far away from my camp. When I walked back over, my crock pot was gone and my ice box burned infront of my eyes as my whole camp caught on fire.

Anyone know what happened? I tried looking on the wiki and other posts but couldn't find anything.

Did you leave gunpowder or slurtle slime on the ground? Moleworms can explode if they take those items, explaining the reason your crock pot exploded. If not, are you running any mods? If not, I ain’t a clue.

thanks guys! It was a private world so I think griefers were out of the question though.

the crockpot was b a r e l y off screen when I heard the noise, so the moleworm would've been the most probable option since I didn't hear a deerclops nearby and it was only day 25. (Really wish I could give myself a 100% answer on this)

Maybe my Wendy dropped some on the floor and the lil bugger got to it. And now that I think about it, how was the icebox burning? No mods I have should've affected it, (Geo. Placement, Health Bar, Default Dance-)

Or maybe it went out in the explosion too and my memory's bad. Could be that too.

(Have a default dancing wilson for all of your guys troubles. Seriously, thanks for even taking the time out of your day to reply to this, haha!)

giphy (2).gif

45 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

You know, this is actually something i now want.

What if instead of gloop, the crockpot explodes, or  mixing weird stuff together.

"Hey guys, first to take the meaty stew im cooking in the crock pot gets to eat it"

[Player died to Explosion, they became a spooky ghost!]

3 hours ago, RogueGamer12 said:

You know, this is actually something i now want.

What if instead of gloop, the crockpot explodes, or  mixing weird stuff together.

thats would definitely make people mlre careful with their ingredients. Imagine trying to use a crock pot in the middle of the base and having it explode.

Maybe It could be a punishment if it's used during rain (over 70% saturation, saying both character and items are the same in that aspect) too much. Or Like someone else said, if you add really random items. (Like 2 sticks, glommer goop and gunpower?) Player's would definitely know what they're getting into then. and I mean, why get goop from 4 sticks when you can get an explosion? 

People woukd find a way to use that as some sort of defense, maybe. Like baiting a boss into a minefield of about-to-be-ready crockpots. Might be fun, actually.

16 hours ago, Canis said:

"Hey guys, first to take the meaty stew im cooking in the crock pot gets to eat it"

• [Player died to Explosion, they became a spooky ghost!]

That was one massive deadly fart.:wilson_shocked:

On 4/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

Ice boxes can't burn.
Crockpots don't explode.

Some gunpowder and a moleworm would've been it, Deerclops, Griefers, there's a slew of other reasons.
We can't help much if there were mods involved, either.

wrong 

Crock pots do explode you dummy

it's called the meatballs nerf you dumb dumb

Archived