Spider Monkey

why are spider monkeys so bad? It's really cool to see something else use Boarilla's base model.

obviously they have awful stats because Hamlet is not Forge, and you're alone and not 6. But still.

20 dmg punch? Move speed lower than 6? 500 hp?

At least why can't webber befriend them? That'd be the minimum.

If they're still WIP then my bad. If they are to be left as is then I would suggest for their punch to cause a player knockdown like forge, at least.

27 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

20 dmg punch?

It is a bug, in tuning.lua they suppose to do 60 damage

32 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

500 hp

Obviously because they are bigger, I don't see a problem with their speed

29 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

At least why can't webber befriend them?

1-Because they are hybrid Not only spider

2-500 HP follower would be OP

I still hope however that they will have some more mechanics linked to the new seasonal changes announced. Presently they are rapidly outnumbered by snaptooth, rabid beetle and even mants. On two natural colonies, the nearest I had just near Swinesburry was decimated in less than 50 days, possibly even before. I tried to lure some from the second colony to another place to make them start another colony (a sanctuary to preserve the specie in fact) and I didn't succeed as they always came back. Now I am in 450 days in Hamlet with Wormwood and I don't really care anymore :?

I just wish for something that would help them to survive. Now they are mobs I would like to approach, but everytime I do they are fighting with anything and their numbers are decreasing even though I spend days kiling snaptooth, beetles and relocating the colony away from the mant hill. Also, they are pretty useless as you can gain silk with the shops, same with the healing salves. Beards hair could be useful, but as a new respawn mechanic was introduced, they just aren't. For the manure, just give berries, clipping or petals to the pigs as it is more time efficient plus you got oincs that way.

On another note, the cocooned trees mechanics is pretty nice and I like it. Plus, having to operate the night while they are sleeping, a bit like the Tallbirds in the vanilla game, is a kind of exciting.

They're supposed to do more damage, it's a weird bug I'm just dying to see fixed.
Also, I think it was said in a Stream, but don't quote me as I'm not certain, but the logic still applies.

The Gorilla half rejects Webber, and the Spider half rejects Wilbur.
Kind of makes sense.

I love the spider monkeys though, more love/bug fix would be nice.

1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

The Gorilla half rejects Webber, and the Spider half rejects Wilbur.

Only one thing we can do, Take the DNA from both and create a new Spider-Monkey hybrid character. I mean what could possibly go wrong?

17 minutes ago, MWY said:

I think they are Gorillas...Spider Gorillas.....

Spider-Gorilla, Spider-Gorilla

Does whatever a spider and gorilla can

Spins a web, around a tree

Punches anyone that gets near the tree.

Loook out! here comes the spider gorilla!

Is he strong? Listen bud the devs used the wrong tuning value (this doesnt rhyme, dont judge me)

Can he swing, from a thread? No he can't hes a bit heavy.

Hey there!, here comes the spider gorilla!

I agree with the concept that spider gorillas aren't very interesting... The problem with them is mainly that they don't have herd mentality... 

They can literally see a fellow gorilla getting killed in front of their eyes and they let that happen... This is such a odd behavior tbh from monkeys and spiders alike both in the game and irl 

I asked for this change ages ago but the devs have other priorities... It seems 

The Herd mentality change would make them already a real threat .. 

My 2 cents right there... 

Archived