How do you feel about Wheeler?

21 minutes ago, Toros said:

Downsides aren’t meant to be fun, the perks are.  You’re wrong that it’s not unique, none of the cast has different base inventory slots.

It’s meant to be an annoyance and a meaningful downside the same way Wigfrid’s restricted is.  Webber being attacked by catcoons and pigmen isn’t “fun” but that’s not the design goal of it.

downsides are meant to keep each playing different so theres not just one way to survive

it still undermines the conveyed play style such a character is suggested

Webber you can't use pigs so substitute spiders

Wigfrid you kill stuff for the only food you can eat

Winona you can plan out your crafting to negate the hunger

WX can just tank the water damage when enough gears are collected

Wickerbottom uses birds of the world to make sanity food

Wolfgang can just watch their hunger to use it strategically

Willow uses fire to avoid insanity

Wortox eats souls to negate the hunger penalty

Wendy uses abigail for dps

Max uses shadows to fight

and Woodie can control the beaver form by cutting trees

Wheeler has perks for collecting items yet doesn't have the inventory to hold them a incoherent mess of attributes that conflict heavily

and what i meant was the fact that all characters can experience a full inventory your points are null

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

wheelchair is kinda quirky, she literally has the ability to slide and a compass that allows you to find ANYTHING of 2 quantities, less inventory and a gun?

this sounds like abilities a wheelchair shouldn't use.

there should 100% be a mod that called her Wheelchair

So my take so far on Wheeler, (and i preface this with the fact I had a knee jerk reaction to NOT liking her kit at all and haven't played to much of her)

• The loss of 5 inventory slots, especially in the beginning is HUGE to me. Especially the fact that you have 2 custom items added to your inventory right off the bat, so you start with 8 slots. No more, no less.
  • The dodge/dash seems clunky to me. But this may be simply for the fact that i'm not used to the timings yet. The main thing I noticed is the fact you have to stop moving to dash (or at least in my experience when playing her - not sure if its been changed yet).
  • No unique crafting like Wagstaff - Personally after the Winona rework and the addition to Wagstaff, I'm already in the mindset that each character should have something unique to them to build. Maybe I was setting my hopes to high for the reworks from DST.
  • Overall (in relation to my playstyle) there is nothing that draws me to her kit that makes me want to play her.

But that being said, idk what I would change or suggest to change to fix that. I realize not every character is for every person and there are people who probably love her already. So for the time being I'm just going to say, I trust in Klei to do any fine tuning they feel necessary to Wheeler. But she's just not my cup of tea... Or "can of airhorn" as it is :p

On 4/20/2019 at 12:42 PM, Computer-7 said:

the gun is borderline useless the best use is killing birds or the bandit which other ranged do way better otherwise it does almost no damage and is bugged.

What? I killed dragonfly with it by shooting 2 stacks of rot at it. It couldn't even fight back. I think Wheeler is pretty fun, albeit bugged. You can use her dodge to slide around the map pretty quickly and it has Iframes so you can evade danger pretty easily even if your movement speed is slowed.

On 22/04/2019 at 5:18 PM, Griver84 said:
  • The dodge/dash seems clunky to me. But this may be simply for the fact that i'm not used to the timings yet. The main thing I noticed is the fact you have to stop moving to dash (or at least in my experience when playing her - not sure if its been changed yet).

Klei has said they are working to fix that so that we can dodge while walking.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:18 PM, Griver84 said:

So my take so far on Wheeler, (and i preface this with the fact I had a knee jerk reaction to NOT liking her kit at all and haven't played to much of her)

• The loss of 5 inventory slots, especially in the beginning is HUGE to me. Especially the fact that you have 2 custom items added to your inventory right off the bat, so you start with 8 slots. No more, no less.
  • No unique crafting like Wagstaff - Personally after the Winona rework and the addition to Wagstaff, I'm already in the mindset that each character should have something unique to them to build. Maybe I was setting my hopes to high for the reworks from DST.
  • Overall (in relation to my playstyle) there is nothing that draws me to her kit that makes me want to play her.

But that being said, idk what I would change or suggest to change to fix that. I realize not every character is for every person and there are people who probably love her already. So for the time being I'm just going to say, I trust in Klei to do any fine tuning they feel necessary to Wheeler. But she's just not my cup of tea... Or "can of airhorn" as it is :p

and on top of that... she looks like a sad person... (not to mention the numerous animation and sprite issues with her hair) 

like why... she is sassy in her lines, she is not depressed.. pls

For my taste, I like to have a spacious inventory. If I had to choose take me a mod to a desert island I would choose the one that allows you to put backpacks in the inventory.
So for me Wheeler is the antithesis of a fun character to play: he has too much, too little space, is unnerving to handle.
Especially in Hamlet, where to explore the ruins you have to bring the right equipment and every single artifact occupies a slot! Madness.
I don't think Wheeler has any great advantages, I don't understand why she has a mange such  as big as a drastically smaller inventory.
The only way to make she enjoyable when it officially comes out will be to give it a totally different disadvantage.
Wagstaff, on the other hand, looks like a wonderful character: such as appearance, he vaguely recalls Albert Einstein. Myopia is a real handicap, it significantly changes the gaming experience. The things he can build are fantastic: glasses that shoot fireballs, wonder!
I still don't understand how Klei managed to create a character so beautiful and one so ugly (always from my point of view).
And anyway I get the feeling that Wheeler is a sort of replacement for Warbucks, it will be the appearance or profession, boh... anyway, she doesn't have Wagstaff's thickness.

48 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

I still don't understand how Klei managed to create a character so beautiful and one so ugly (always from my point of view).

Funny how opinions work because for me Wagstaff is dull and Wheeler is the 2nd best character Klei ever made :D!

39 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

And anyway I get the feeling that Wheeler is a sort of replacement for Warbucks, it will be the appearance or profession, boh... 

There will never be replacement for our 'ol chap :( . I hope his quotes will still recive updates even tho he is only acessible through commands  

Anyway i get the feeling Wormwood is supposed to replace him

Archived