[Game Update] - 327549

• Developer

Beta Bug Fixes:

• Optimized Wheeler’s tracker when searching lootdropper tables
  • Fixed UI bug when equipping a backpack or entering a boat with Wheeler’s tracker or weapon equipped
  • Wagstaff can craft an Electrical Doodad in Vanilla DS
  • Added Wheeler’s minimap image
  • Updated the wheeler tracker inventory image
  • Added a background to wheeler’s tracker and trusty shooter slot
  • Wheeler is actually invincible for the duration of her dodge now
  • Fixed some icons for 2 new renovation wallpapers

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• Developer
3 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Can I risk making a possibly petty request? Can Wheeler dodge while pressing a directional command? As of now you have to stop walking to initiate the dodge command.

Not petty at all, it's literally what I'm working on right now :D 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

This may not be the perfect place to ask, But sense you're active here, Can I ask why you decided to make Wheeler a whole new character and not just a Warbucks rework?

I know I'm kicking a dead horse here, But Wheeler's kit could have easily been a Warbucks rework, just with some minor texture tweaks.

Make the Airhorn an antique/heirloom/clockwork blunderbuss, make the compass look more antique, and give him the fewer inventory slots. Boom, now Warbucks is unique, his perks fit his character, and he's useful outside of Hamlet. Maybe give him one more upside sense dodging wouldn't make much sense at his age. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

This may not be the perfect place to ask, But sense you're active here, Can I ask why you decided to make Wheeler a whole new character and not just a Warbucks rework?

Wheeler's personality would never fit Warbucks, and dodging is a very unique and awesome perk that they would have to scrap. So nope, thanks

Edited by sinisterrkid
  • Like 1

Just now, sinisterrkid said:

Wheeler's personality would never fit Warbucks, and dodging is a very unique and awesome perk that they would have to scrap. So nope, thanks

I never said her personality would work, that would obviously stay the same. Dodging is pretty nice though, I'll give you that. However, other than the dodge, I can't really see a reason they couldn't just give her perks to Warbucks. Do that, and now Warbucks is a much more interesting character, People aren't mad that you got rid of him, and the devs save the time and money it took to design and make her.

1 hour ago, HugoM said:

Not petty at all, it's literally what I'm working on right now :D 

Is it also possible for wheeler to quickly perform an action after dodging. because right now she pauses after dodging as well :3

Edited by AlexanderHawk21
needed to rephrase
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexanderHawk21 said:

Because devs had a problem with his stereotype not only his perks so it was better to make a whole new characters.

8 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Because devs had a problem with his stereotype not only his perks so it was better to make a whole new characters.

Actually, to my knowledge, they said that there wasn't an issue with his character, 'nor was their much of a controversy. They just didn't like how he was designed. I'm just confused as of why they decided to go with a whole new character that could have easily been a Warbucks rework instead of, you know, just making it a Warbucks rework.

48 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Actually, to my knowledge, they said that there wasn't an issue with his character, 'nor was their much of a controversy. They just didn't like how he was designed. I'm just confused as of why they decided to go with a whole new character that could have easily been a Warbucks rework instead of, you know, just making it a Warbucks rework.

They said they didn’t like his design and was problematic in culture.

Source

So it was better to change his perks and his background i.e: make a whole new character.