How hard would it be to create a simple worldgen mod?

Ever since Hamlet was released in Early Access, my RoG worlds haven't been generating as nicely as before. In Hamlet, there seems to be a lot of issues with world generation (mainly those CURSED HOLES I have mentioned a few times before) and for some reason I have been seeing those same issues in my RoG worlds, which never happened pre-Hamlet. Here is an example.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3d3b04bb506dd284ed435ff84f1d13e3.png

Just look at all of those HOLES. Not only are they inconvenient, making otherwise great base locations worse, but they are also so UGLY. What I am trying to do is to force the game to generate RoG worlds just like DST does. Like this.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cfa34d2b6a2a639924d9ffe79bf0b2e2.png

See? Nice neat branches of land with no massive holes just sitting in the middle. If I wanted to make my RoG worlds generate like DST, what would I have to do? Is it as simple as just copying the DST wordgen_main.lua over into the DS folder? Or is it more complicated? Any help with this would be great.

image.png

I agree on OP's opinion. The current world gen likes to force bridges and tries to separate rooms. These rooms can "merge" and the result is messiness with componets of 2 biomes and lots of peninsulas and holes (esp. with more branches and smaller map size). It's older but the gen almost generates 2 or more roads on top of one another instead of branching - it often occurs in DST. @SpoonyBardIV's has a very beautyful world gen pre-Hamlet; his new map looks like the Archipelago map with many bridges.

Sorry for double posting but these are my current finding:

I think there is a huge mistake in the world gen regarding linked worlds: a Hamlet linked DS/ROG world generates a nice massive contintent without much "rivers" and land edges tend to touch each other. Without and SW linked worlds are completely different and tends to avoid land touching. Also, linked worlds are now having massive gold spawns in the mosaic biome. I am going to report these in the bug tracker.

Archived