Bridges

Just a thought -- would be nice to be able to build bridges, similar to how we can use rafts to connect islands in SW.  would like to build bridges to connect islands, or even just connect breaks or holes in one island.  thoughts?  

Spoiler

image.png.ab3132ada54716e83e6c5a8db66f2c38.pngimage.thumb.png.9e4f4876d46b21d38e8ca37126f9d8e5.png

Like these?
I knew the person who made this concept, Mf99K if I'm correct, they're on the forums here.
She made this full turn around of a bridge concept. 
I think it was from before Shipwrecked was around, this might be a nice addition to the game in the future.

37 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:
  Hide contents

Like these?
I knew the person who made this concept, Mf99K if I'm correct, they're on the forums here.
She made this full turn around of a bridge concept. 
I think it was from before Shipwrecked was around, this might be a nice addition to the game in the future.

Yes!  That is exactly what I was talking about.  

7 hours ago, MF99K said:

yeah I did those a while ago. I think I had considered making a mod at some point but had no idea how to implement it because I couldn't figure out how the land collisions worked

Maybe Kleir will add it some day -- I sure hope so.  

1 hour ago, SkylordElberich said:

I have a slightly different idea for connecting the islands of Hamlet. In both naturally-spawning cities, there could be a 'cable car station' which connects both towns. Initially, they're both broken, but they can only be fixed via the on in Palace city.

Thoughts?

That's not really what I am interested in doing.  We already have underground connections via the ruins.  I want to build bridges where I happen to want them.  This includes connecting two separated spots on the same island.  Your idea strikes me as something completely different -- but valuable for what it is.  

Archived