So about that roadmap

I'm patient but I thought that someone should say something.

In the roadmap it was said something like "new content will be added throughout March and 2 new characters will be added with the Hamlet's release in April".

March had passed and so far the only new content we got was the root chest (I think).

So I'm guessing the release is being pushed back, right? 

55 minutes ago, MWY said:

wait, Hamlet was going to be released in April?

this is obviously a joke right?

April fools joke....

get it?.....

*cough*

Doesn't mean it won't ever recive more updates

But yeah, thats pretty much it

Been a fun ride

35 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I think that Hamlet will be similar to Shipwrecked. As in, it will still receive content updates in the coming months.

its pretty much a-okay even if there will be delays cause DS in whole was developed like this and to this day it is still developing.

(I still want Gold Boulder Map icons!!!)

but all in all, its quite fun to receive updates, find weird bugs and exploits, and wait again for more updates and the cycle keeps going~

4 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

it will still receive content updates in the coming months.

The game seems to be about 75% finished, was said to be released this month and we're already talking about free content updates...

FlusteredSpotlessGoosefish-small.gif

Free content updates are great and all (seriously, I love them), but I really hope that they don't go the "release unfinished product and finish it later" kinda route.

Kinda hard to be thankful to a developer for a "free update" when it includes things that should've been there on release day in the first place...

Shipwrecked became worth playing after it received the 'Home Sea Home' update like a year later.

It became pretty good once it got mods to merge it with a lot of vanilla/rog game content.

I'm worried that Hamlet will be the same way...

56 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Shipwrecked became worth playing after it received the 'Home Sea Home' update like a year later.

It became pretty good once it got mods to merge it with a lot of vanilla/rog game content.

Thankfully we won't need mods to merge Hamlet with other DLC. The key to the city will be able to be used in anyworld now (houses and pig cities in RoG or Shipwrecked)and merged crafting is now vanilla (after you prototype the item in its respective DLC of course).

14 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Thankfully we won't need mods to merge Hamlet with other DLC. The key to the city will be able to be used in anyworld now (houses and pig cities in RoG or Shipwrecked)and merged crafting is now vanilla (after you prototype the item in its respective DLC of course).

Hopping worlds feels bad though, with the Shipwrecked+ mod you got the RoG experience directly merged with Shipwrecked. 

1 hour ago, Ogrecakes said:

Hopping worlds feels bad though, with the Shipwrecked+ mod you got the RoG experience directly merged with Shipwrecked. 

I don't like that mod, the colors and atmosphere of the biomes don't mix well with SW. I'd much prefer to bring over biomes from RoG into Hamlet because it'd fit more and even then, i wouldn't use a mod like that because it's supposed to be a different part of the world altogether 

17 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

yNP9RR.gif

Get that filth away from me

59 minutes ago, MWY said:

which one?
Merging mods or getting a VERY good updates an year later

If by VERY good updates an year later you mean adding in content that was supposed to be added this month, then yes, the second one.

15 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I can understand that, but I feel the current system is serviceable enough and lets you do things you never could do before. It feels great and is satisfying when you start mixing DLC's together. Take my RoG world for instance:

a0UY1SP.jpg

7 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I can understand that, but I feel the current system is serviceable enough and lets you do things you never could do before. It feels great and is satisfying when you start mixing DLC's together. Take my RoG world for instance:

a0UY1SP.jpg

Fair enough but I'm one of those old players whose into the game for the hardcore survival experience.

You know, the one they gave up on years back.

9 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

a0UY1SP.jpg

Pfffft... Shameful. Me and my Obsidian Fire Pit scoff at you.

Archived