Death to Deerclops!

I kind of suck at this game, but I love it. That being said, this is kind of an accomplishment for me ^^;;He came at around day 8 or 9 of my winter, I think? I could be wrong, lost track of days. I went out every day in search of the winter koalaphant and finally found tracks a considerable distance away from my base so I was gone for most of the day (I did manage to kill the koalaphant and get that spiffy puffy vest). Long story short I was hardly at my base. I made it back home just as night arrived and caught the bloody Deerclops smashing my bee boxes. Needless to say I almost had a mini heart attack and had little time to prepare. I'm kind of wary of saying my strategy in detail >_> I had originally thought I would use pigs if I decided to fight him, but they had already retreated to their houses. I also didn't use any of that night armor stuff (I've never gone entirely insane).post-3412-13764591485754_thumb.pngI will say this, though, the final blow was with my trusty ice staff!My final thoughts: He doesn't need nerf. Really. His current difficulty is fine. With that being said he shouldn't be made any more difficult either:crushed::crushed::crushed:Does anyone who's fought him have any input as well?

Edited by Daniver

Night armor and the dark sword proved to be quite useful as well as 3-4 pigs to be a distraction. Of course I did go somewhat insane afterwards, but nothing like a few morsels, and sleeping (Winter gets to dusk alot quicker) fixed it up right away.I think his difficulty is just right...if your prepared that is. Even if you weren't prepared, you still managed to kill him. Congrats ;)

Doesn't buff mean make him harder?

Pardon, i may have formed that sentence confusing.I mean, now everyone demands a buff.We had that before winter, too. Many wanted buffs or nerfs so the game gets harder.And now, many complain that this game is too hard.Imagine we would buff deerclops now, maybe so hard that he is nearly impossible to kill. I bet many players who wanted a buff first would wine about how hard he would be. Not to mention those who already had problems...

Doesn't buff mean make him harder?

Yes. He said that people want the game to be impossible and later will cry abou how hard the game have become.IMO the difficulty that winter brought is fine. Not impossible and no holding hands.@Edit: Does his eyeball have any purpose yet? I didn't see anything using it in the alchemy engine. Edited by Tomily

Winter ends when you eat it.

Well it did not for me.

Actually the day that winter ended, the second Deerclops came.(Used a Tall bird to get away from him)

And another thing, I tried the Treeguard method, that tree did not receive damage. I tried Beefalo, same thing they completely ignored him wile I made him attack them. The Swamp monster did not take his attention ether.

The animals that did attack him are Pigs and Tall Birds.

He is just a bit slower than you, but you can still flank him. Safest and most tedious way is Bait, Run, Attack, Run, Repeat.

You can StunLock him and hit him until you're weapon(s) break(s). But he devours you're sanity fast.

He once killed a pig destroyed his home, killed the second pig that came from the house and became "neutral" or "broken"

Posted Image

Whoah whoah, second Deerclops? Silly me, I thought just one deerclops per winter came.Anyways, the only way beefalo would attack him is if they're in heat, but that needs verification.

My Beefalo did not attack him when not in heat, & did attack him when in heat. He killed 8 of them & it still took 17 hits with a Dark Sword to put him down. Neither Deerclops of the 2 (of 3 total in 1 winter) that came after me, aggo'd the treeguard even with what is I guess their AOE attack (Kevin on livestream?). I killed the first with 5 firedarts & 14-15 hits with Dark Sword. Sanity about 140. A friend did have his treeguard--we had discussed this strategy when the teaser came out, as we both use them vs. Killer bees, etc.--kill his Deerclops. There is at least one other thread up where the poster ate the eyeball and got another Deerclops.