Canis' arts and doodles, I guess

On 8/24/2019 at 7:23 PM, Canis said:

Here's a quick doodle of Wendy pestering SCP-049. (I want to make some hype for 049's DST port)5d61c6c1b25b4_Wendyand049.thumb.png.12db9d046c563ca2b1f5b45c8d095c42.png

The Wendy variant of "are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there ye-"

22 hours ago, Canis said:

I colored it

5d64ad268f947_dst049somebodymemecolored.thumb.png.30b671984dbd8fa86a43139f9f113a5b.png

Pigman's gonna die.

That first panel's really nice.:wilson_smile:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The Wendy variant of "are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there ye-"

Pigman's gonna die.

That first panel's really nice.:wilson_smile:

I feel like this could possibly be used as a "I sleep / Real sh t" meme template.

• Haha 1

So, the reason Im not drawing more is because my current method of drawing takes painfully long to do anything. However, im trying out new methods, and here are super duper puper quick doodles to prove that Im not dead. (Expect a DS drawing tomorrow using this method. It'll most likely be walani)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.090269a1b8a8f63c047a7014ef88e69e.png

@minespatch you make a surprise appearance ,':)

This method is 10x faster than what I do normally (slowly make sure each line is perfect before I move on to the next one)

And besides, I think I like how I (top left) turned out. the rough sketch lines give me a Mario strikers feel, although that may just be my sleep-deprived brain grabbing straws.

(its 12:30 at night, fun fun fun)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Canis said:

This method is 10x faster than what I do normally (slowly make sure each line is perfect before I move on to the next one)

This is an important lesson to learn. And honestly it looks pretty good, and if you want to throw down a quick comic or something it's not going to consume a whole afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Is making sure each line is perfect etc the new method or the one you used normally?

Its what I did before.

7 hours ago, -Variant said:

Angry Lizard.

Angry Lizard.

Context:

Spoiler

doodle682.thumb.png.eae5ce79940cee3233581bd589537d80.png

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.bfa1020b1c63e8607d8aad9dc12d853b.png

It's happening.

So, this sketch took me roughly 4ish hours, when my last attempt at this took me 6 hours and I didn't even finish it, so there's definitely improvement time-wise.

Now, the fun part, doing the outline. Yay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

And, here we go.

5d716d96cb8f4_WalaniBikini.thumb.png.b7f05bc2e559a01fa5b2eb4040e963ea.png

This was extremely out of my comfort zone, as for this, I utilized several tools that I haven't really used before, such as doing rough, quick sketches, and using a soft brush instead of making everything sharp like a maniac. 

This is also the first background I have made that isn't either simple gradient trickery, or quick doodles / sprite tracing.

Edited by Canis
Fingers were discolored, so I had to fix 'em.
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Canis said:

obligatory shoutout to @maradyne

*just reached here and giggled*
...back when I used to use social media, I was notorious for this. Around @minespatch levels.

On 8/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, Canis said:

The wonderful world of art.

Related story: I was shooting images back and forth with an artist friend, since he was showing me how to draw hands relaxed on the hip, and I was shooting back my progress on the hand and such, about 30 minutes in, I realize that I have done nothing but send pictures of women thighs for half an hour.

god
just
wait
you're still growing

Its never been a problem due to a talent for blending in, but...
Every now and then, I'll see a person and think "holy crap they look exactly like if this one character of mine were real".
And I'm really analytical and use that in my drawing.
So part of me immediately jumps to [PROCEED WITH REFERENCE ACQUISITION]
So sometimes I just
spend the better part of a halfhour studying someone covertly
and barely even realize it

One in particular comes to mind. Everything was a perfect match; if this person removed their glasses and used hair dye, they would be an exact projection of a certain character. Right proportions and everything.
Happened to be eating at the same restaurant.
Paced myself to eat at the same rate.
Focused on periphery vision, watched person without ever actually looking at them.
They finish a bit before me, just as planned; leaving at the same time would be noteworthy.
Not familiar, so I can guess that they're from out of town.
Wait a bit, leave totally normally, go to gas station to buy soda.
As expected they're getting gas because they're traveling.
[MULTIPLE POSING REFERENCES OBTAINED]
[MISSION SUCCESS]

There was another case of a person who looked like the same character, but younger. Even the right hair color.
In a silly cooperative writing project I used to do with a group, we had a repeated Christmas event where this character entered ridiculous pitched combat with Santa, eventually leading to the death of the latter. There was also an incident with what basically equated to an elixir of youth.
This IRL doppelganger was first spotted walking by a fake crime scene set up in a grocery store implying that Santa had just been murdered.

That was one of the loudest 'random' outbursts of laughter I've ever experienced.

Edited by maradyne
  • Like 2