[Game Update] - 141

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.41 - 4/3/2019 (PlayStation 4)

Note:
The Wortox update is live, but without the most recent balance update. We're reviewing the issue right now and should have that back in there ASAP. But the game should be working now. You can see the changes that didn't make it in here (320265 and 320890): https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst/

Wortox the Soul Starved has hopped his way into the Constant to join our intrepid band of Survivors. He’s a fun, mischievous fellow with a big, kind heart… minus the fact that he eats souls for sustenance. Wortox catches the Souls of creatures that die around him.

Souls can be used for the following abilities:

- Wortox can eat delicious souls (then loses some sanity).
- Wortox teleports a short distance.
- Release Souls to heal nearby allies.
- Unfortunately for Wortox, his body craves Souls. Food is only ½ as sustaining.
- Wortox can be overloaded with Souls, causing him to drop them and lose sanity.
- Wortox is less afraid of monsters.

Wortox can be unlocked in the following ways:

- The Wortox Deluxe Chest is $10.99 USD and includes the Survivor, Minotaur and Uncorrupted skin sets.
- You can weave Wortox for 2700 spool.

The following bundles are now available on PlayStation 4:

- Wortox Deluxe Chest
- Voxola Warehouse Chest
- All Survivors Gladiator Chest

Changes:

- Added the ability to enable/disable target locking to the settings menu.
- Winona’s speed crafting ability will now only cost hunger if she hasn’t crafted anything within the last minute.  (Everytime she crafts, the timer is extended back to a minute).
- Reduced Winona’s crafting speed penalty when she is hungry.
- Winona’s Catapult no longer damages Maxwell’s Shadow Minions.
- Winona’s Spotlights will now prioritize having different targets from each other.
- Increased maximum range of Winona’s Spotlight.
- Koelefant burning to death will now drop Koalefant Trunk Steak instead of Ash.
- Deploying plants will no longer trigger range indicators on Winona’s structures.

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed audio bug where Catapult sounds sometimes continued after they became burnt.
- Fixed bug with Night Light not consuming fuel properly.
- Fixed bug where Clay Hounds did not spawn from hunts when Year of the Varg event is enabled.
- Fixed layering bug where Winona’s Voxola Work Uniform was failing to hide skirts.
- Fixed bug where Winona’s Generator and G.E.M.erator stop behaving properly after being set on fire and then extinguished.
- Fixed bug causing Fire Staff not to light creatures on fire.
- Fixed bug where Heal action did not fail properly if the target has already died.
- Fixed bug where some assets may not be loaded properly when overriding the special event in world options.
- Fixed bug where Year of the Pig King minigame can sometimes cause Hound waves to stop indefinitely.
- Fixed bug where Werebeaver becomes invisible when smashed by a sign during the Pig King minigame.
- Fixed crash when inspecting old skeletons.
- Volt Goat herds no longer merge.

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hey. There is bug right now going on in PS4 every time i go play Wortox in sombodys server i play 30 second after that kicks a warning thing front of screene and i cant move or do anything than just close game. Even when i try to join friend server from sessions. It crashes the game.

Edited by NorthicaN
  • Like 1

• Developer
7 minutes ago, NorthicaN said:

Hey. There is bug right now going on in PS4 every time i go play Wortox in sombodys server i play 30 second after that kicks a warning thing front of screene and i cant move or do anything than just close game. Even when i try to join friend server from sessions. It crashes the game.

Do you have Dynamic Content disabled?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NorthicaN said:

Yeah just happened to me too. I made it like 1-2 minutes before it crashed. 

Edit: Just happened again the moment I tried to inspect something. I believe that's what happened the first time it crashed too. 

Edited by NSAiswatchingus

• Developer
23 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Yeah just happened to me too. I made it like 1-2 minutes before it crashed. 

Were you inspecting something as well? We're looking at what's happening and will hopefully be able to fix it fairly quickly.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Were you inspecting something as well? We're looking at what's happening and will hopefully be able to fix it fairly quickly.

Yes. Both time that's what I was doing. 

I just checked and even pressing triangle causes the crash without being close to any object. 

After updating to 1.41 on PS4 I'm unable to start the game. Tried rebooting and reinstalling the game. It still gets stuck on the second loading screen, after pressing 'play!'. No error is given, it just keeps 'loading'. 

We're checking into this now. 

Edit - We pulled out the "dynamic content" that was causing an issue. 

The Wortox update is live, but without the most recent balance update. We're reviewing the issue right now and should have that back in there ASAP. But the game should be working now.

You can see the changes that didn't make it in here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst/

• Thanks 2

Wait, I just checked the ingame shop and I cannot find Wortox's chests. 

Tried from the character screen as well, pressing the R2 button and nothing. 

Is he not available for purchase yet? (European/Spanish ps store, by the way). 

Thanks! :wilson_ecstatic:

Yep i'm also stuck on the loading screen

8 minutes ago, Jletendre said:

After this Update came Out I started Having issues When I load the Game up and hit “Play” It loads forever I Tryed again and I’m still waiting for me to load in.

8DDA01C8-44B0-497A-8C32-2723D96E0C0D.jpeg

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Hi figured out a temporary solution to the infinite loading screen: close don’t starve together, then go to psn settings and uncheck the “connect to internet” box so your offline and load back into the game and it should load you into the main menu while in offline mode. Reconnect to the internet and then click on the shop and select “log in” and you should now be online and able to log into the game in online mode. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonathanDavid said:

Hi figured out a temporary solution to the infinite loading screen: close don’t starve together, then go to psn settings and uncheck the “connect to internet” box so your offline and load back into the game and it should load you into the main menu while in offline mode. Reconnect to the internet and then click on the shop and select “log in” and you should now be online and able to log into the game in online mode. :)

Follow this guys advice it worked for me and it will work for you