Wortox crazy antlion fight

39 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I just started a thread at the bugfix section with some of the weird things I saw wortox getting souls from, please add others I haven't seen yet.

Personally I think Inanimate objects(Sand spikes, balloons, etc.) and mobs with less than 25hp(like butterflies, woven shadows, etc.) shouldn't give souls when killed. Also Indirect deaths shouldn't give souls, wortox should have to at least put effort in killing the enemy to get the soul.

Try to fight with lureplant and then complain. He can literally farm souls by killing eyes or even replanting bulb to regain them infinity. Have fun while you can cause it's all gonna be quickly balanced.

1 hour ago, Terra M Welch said:

Personally I think Inanimate objects(Sand spikes, balloons, etc.) and mobs with less than 25hp(like butterflies, woven shadows, etc.) shouldn't give souls when killed. Also Indirect deaths shouldn't give souls, wortox should have to at least put effort in killing the enemy to get the soul.

Agreed on the inanimate objects, its a bit silly, but disagree on the indirect deaths. It is part of his lore that he harvests the souls of the fallen around him. Wigfrid requires to be in battle to recover, because fighting is her thing, he just wants things to die, no matter how.

• Developer
5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I just started a thread at the bugfix section with some of the weird things I saw wortox getting souls from, please add others I haven't seen yet.

Thanks guys, if you find any other ones, please add to the bug reports.  We'll have it patched tomorrow.

Souls from inanimate stuff is a clear no-no. Denying souls from indirectly killing could also be a good way to tweak him to be more balanced - i.e preventing farming souls from Bee Queen's bees without Wortox doing a thing

Souls from lower HP creatures are completely fine in my book though.. I feel like he shouldn't have to kill spiders and pigs by day 2 and farm them to gain access to his core mechanics. It'd also make him a lot weaker as a fugitive since he can only eat souls and more accessible sources don't heal as much health or hunger.

Wigfrid has armor and weapons allowing her to do so; Wortox just has nice scouting and support abilities.

Archived