Questions for Neural Vacillator Recharge farming .

Hi . so after some search in the forum i was unable to find a clear answer and just a few posts about farming Neural Vacillator Recharge

- i would like to know more to get the best way to farm them . Im thinking about our dupes geting all the benefit from Neural Vacillator . make an army of supper buff dupes

Yeah, I had this same idea and was pretty much disapointed to know there is a limit for those. It seems dupes will bring back recharges with them only while there are planets yet to be explored. Once you've done all the research you can't farm them anymore.

43 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

the  "only" really usefull one was(/is) "Rock Crusher"; (+10 strength is awesome in many ways ;))

Exactly. It was the only thing I had in mind about farming them and some hope for a future Athletics buff for move speed. If that hit can make dupe stronger, why not faster, right?  It would be something cool to keep you hooked in a save... creating a mutant, the ultimate cleaning tool.

2 hours ago, JohnFrancis said:

How has no one mentioned deeper divers lung?

It´s less CO2 production. (If you go for the real late game you will transition to sleet wheat and than dirt/CO2 will be more important.)

2 hours ago, JohnFrancis said:

a map that is water limited

Sure, you are in some way limited by the amount of water. (if we don´t consider ice melting inside tiles^^).

I run a colony with an equivalent of 48 duplicants (24 duplicants on ravanging hunger with the mouthbreather trait.)

=> I still can produce more water than I am able to use (not just vent into space xD)

So for me dirt is the most valuable late game resource.

=> A trait that reduces my CO2/dirt production seems like a negative trait to me^^

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Sure, you are in some way limited by the amount of water. (if we don´t consider ice melting inside tiles^^).

I run a colony with an equivalent of 48 duplicants (24 duplicants on ravanging hunger with the mouthbreather trait.)

=> I still can produce more water than I am able to use (not just vent into space xD)

So for me dirt is the most valuable late game resource.

=> A trait that reduces my CO2/dirt production seems like a negative trait to me^^

I had an adjacent debate related to this and we came to the conclusion that about 25% of maps had roughly 3kg/s of water or less. So unless you cherry pick your maps or you are using exploits water is your most precious resource. Nag gas boiling can help of course but is still limited. 

Assuming mouth breathers produce twice as much CO2 as standard dupes (have never tested that) and they never spend any time in atmo suits. Then for ever 29.7 mouth dupes you could produce enough polluted dirt to feed one dupe sleet wheat. Would take less if you used fertilizer. Can I interest you in BBQ? it's much much easier and cheaper.

36 minutes ago, JohnFrancis said:

Would take less if you used fertilizer. Can I interest you in BBQ? it's much much easier and cheaper.

~7,7kg dirt does one fertilized sleet wheat plant consume if the buff would be up all the time.

But for me (late game) BBQ is the worst food. (The only food with a debuff and it makes duplicants slower ...)

Your correct that duplicants with the Mouthbreather trait produce 4g/s of CO2 and I know it´s not much even under optimal conditions.

=> But any amount of something I am lacking is worth it (to some degree)

PS: Most seeds can yield much more water if you industrialize the usual 3 oil wells, so I am using nothing really exploity.

Rocket exhaust on hydrogen and steam rocket is water positive for most destinations,  so even if you don't do that solid melting trick, there are still plenty of other options.

Of course, petrol rocket exhaust offers literally tons of co2 per launch as well, so co2 and dirt is also extremely plentiful.

Whether the sheer amount of rocket exhaust is an exploit is entirely up for debate, of course.

2 hours ago, jlarner said:

Has anyone come up with a good way to reclaim rocket exhaust?

lock a lot of supper coolant near the launch . they will become gas . and tempshift plates

will cost a lot of juice for it but energy is no longer my concern in the end game

i remember someone say you can dip the rocket in liquid but i havent tried that yet

4 hours ago, nakomaru said:

One aquatuner on pH2O can support one typical petrol rocket round trip every 40 or 50 cycles, if you use it to cool everything down to like 20C. That should get you roughly 12kg x 9 x 60 CO2 per trip. Two on supercoolant should be about enough for constant trips. And absurd quantities of CO2.

I like the idea, but want to contribute a more efficient way to cool your rocket silo:

Assuming you want your CO2 to produce more dirt, just run a carbon skimmer/water sieve loop.

=> Both buildings (carbon skimmer / water sieve) have a built in temperature reset to 40°C

(If I keep my silo below 70°C, I don´t have to worry about radiating heat killing some wild plants / critters.

So why bother cooling it down even further ?)

3 minutes ago, lee1026 said:

Rocket exhaust will boil water in pipes. 

Did I say put the skimmer inside the rocket silo ? xD

A carbon skimmer / water sieve in a room at up to 90°C + some doors to just conduct heat if your pipes would still be safe would be my recommendation. (If you like you can tinker some more to utilize the higher boiling point polluted water.)

With one, more conductive pipe you can make the carbon skimmer cool itself, so no need for anything above steel.

=> No need for thermium to delete extreme hot steam.

(But I was mostly referring to the heat that the rocket just adds to the tiles below it, not the heat of the new created exhaust.)

If the carbon skimmers are not in the silo. You have to pay for pumps to get them to the skimmers, and plumbing all that. 

One way or the other, something needs to be in the silo, and that something needs to be heat resistant. Might as well as be the skimmers. As a bonus, you don’t have to worry about gas contamination. 

Ceramic pipes don’t really boil with water inside. They don’t cool the area though. 

Archived