Winona Update Lore

So the awesome new Winona update just came out with an amazing animation to accompany it. I was watching it and looking for certain key points to highlight. If you noticed something else feel free to add, or if you'd like build off of any of the things I noticed or theorize that'd also be appreciated.

The scene with the board Winona has of her trying to tie together the pieces of her lost sister shows several references to the William Carter puzzle-thing, as well as some other interesting items. A red line connects Charlie in pictures, as well as Abigail or Wendy's flower. This implies that she has some direct connection to it, and we all new about Charlie's liking for red flowers. A magazine shows "San Francisco Ablaze", I don't remember if there's any obvious reference to this already stated or how it ties into Charlie, but it seems like an allusion to Willow - as well as another document on a fire in New York. There's also a picture of Woodie being missing, and blueprints for WX-78 so Winona may have had a connection with WX's construction.

The new portal seems a lot different as compared to the one Wilson made. Perhaps it's just because of the different materials and construction know-how to work with, just an interesting detail. And speaking of those, they got a B on their safety report don't know if that's just their for filler content, just thought it was interesting. 

Anyways, super excited for what's to come. Good work and good luck Klei!

Thing, which caught my attention, was poster "Flame consumes New York library". It can mean Wickerbottom! Maybe Willow had something in common, if she didn't start fire in Voxola. And look on the date "March 29th 1911". Does it correlate with Trinket Method of year estimation in case of Wicker? "Exposition Universelle" - I don't know what that is; further research needed. Then we find out, that Wagstaff created portal and he was taken into the Constant at the same time as Winona.

There is one more thing what some of You might not spot. We see Shadow Charlie in the portal. Not Queen Charlie, but Shadow/Monster Charlie! We thought before that Winona was taken by Ancient Gateway, after activating it, but actually no! She was taken during the time when Wilson (or Maxwell) was sitting on the Throne! There is so much new information to speculate. What are your opinion and theories?

Why did not Winona run away with other employees and risk her life to save Wagstaff? Was it really just spaspodic affection for the boss? And how did Charlie fool a stranger? What reason would Wagstaff have to shake his hand and be captured? Winona is the sister, obviously cheated. And if the solution was in the first image of the trailer?

And if... Robert Wagstaff was the father of Charlie and Winona? That's why Winona risks his life: he's the father !! That's why he works right in that factory: he's the father!! That's why Wagstaff also creates a portal: to save Charlie, because he is his father!!

I throw it there :'D

Personally, I don't think Wagstaff is Winona's father, because she always call him "boss". And, in my opinion she goes to find out what is going on out of curiosity, or she knew what project Wagstaff was working on. Maybe she knew this is the possibility of rescuing her sister

55 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

And if... Robert Wagstaff was the father of Charlie and Winona? That's why Winona risks his life: he's the father !! That's why he works right in that factory: he's the father!! That's why Wagstaff also creates a portal: to save Charlie, because he is his father!!

I throw it there :'D

Um, Wagstaff in the trailer has puffy hair and Winona's family picture is in the animation 

IMG_8741.PNG

IMG_8742.PNG

IMG_8737.PNG

I’m gonna throw a wrench in this whole thing.

i think the the board connecting events is wagstaffs not Winona’s.

the photo of the factory would only be important after the events of the clip and Winona got taken in the clip so the board can’t be hers.

so why wagstaff???. Well we clearly see a photo of wx-78 and he has often been theorized to have build him.

The guy in the yellow gloves is probably the new character coming this month.

so yeah that’s my theory, prove it wrong if you can.

There's a note that reads "gain access to Voxola" or something along those lines. Which suggests Winona had no previous access-such as a father that worked there.

Edit: Same issue for the above theory. Wagstaff wouldn't need to get access to his own factory.

2 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

I’m gonna throw a wrench in this whole thing.

i think the the board connecting events is wagstaffs not Winona’s.

the photo of the factory would only be important after the events of the clip and Winona got taken in the clip so the board can’t be hers.

so why wagstaff???. Well we clearly see a photo of wx-78 and he has often been theorized to have build him.

The guy in the yellow gloves is probably the new character coming this month.

so yeah that’s my theory, prove it wrong if you can.

but wortox was already shown, plus its aaaaaalmost confirmed that wagstaff is going to be a hamlet character.

Just now, Shpee said:

but wortox was already shown, plus its aaaaaalmost confirmed that wagstaff is going to be a hamlet character.

Yeah hamlet. Why would they tease a ds character in dst. That makes no sense.

also wortox will be a character yes, but who says that he will be the first

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Winona's. That's how she ends up at Voxola since doing so is a goal on that board.

If so then Winona’s quote for examining wx-78 is all the more interesting.

1 minute ago, cannonball 594 said:

also wortox will be a character yes, but who says that he will be the first

Wagstaff could be one of the four new DST characters and the new base game character. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

winona was shown at the forefront when they were talking about character changes, with willow behind, now winona has gotten her changes first, wortox has gotten a silhouette, with 3 other blank characters in the background, its preeeeetty easy to assume wortox is coming first.

2 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

Because Wagstaff's story ties in with Winona's and others lore. Plus all we know is one of the characters would be added to the base game. Which begs the question if that allows them to carry over to DST or not.

It'd be a bit silly if the yellow glove character is just another factory worker.

12 minutes ago, Shpee said:

I think Wagstaff was said to be for Don't Starve in general, the other character is Hamlet exclusive.

3 minutes ago, pedregales said:

I think Wagstaff was said to be for Don't Starve in general, the other character is Hamlet exclusive.

not quite wrong but not quite right, if memory serves they did not confirm what character would be added to DS, anyway, back on the rails.

Archived