PW sublimating in high pressure environment?

Any idea what happened here?

I vacuumed the surroundings before I dug up the vent, I filled it all with a lot of Hydrogen (currently 6kg/tile, it was less when there was less water, but at least 3kg/tile just as I undug the vent).

I check up on it only a few cycles later, and I find PO2 in the chamber. Any ideas? Is this a bug I should report?

H2 pressure is high:

pw_high_hidrogen.thumb.png.60e24a8b6cee31e1ab28e6bfaf8c477c.png

However you can see it is still sublimating:

pw_sublimating.thumb.png.508c67b64869055505948098814d63a8.png

(I just realized you can't see it from how I cut the pictures, but there's a water lock to the right making the chamber air tight).

Best guess is when the vent emits water it displaces the hydrogen from a tile for a split second, then when the water subsides into the rest of the polluted water a vacuum is left behind and occasionally the polluted water emits PO2 to fill that gap is the brief window allowed. Similar thing happens when you are processing slime in algae distillery in a 10kg chlorine environment, you still get PO2 showing up.

I updated the uploaded savefile above, to when the chamber is full of hydrogen and you just need to undig the 6 tiles of the geyser to start emitting. After I let it be after that, I checked on it 5 cycles later and there was PO2.

Ty for offering to take a look.

In my experience its unnecessary to avoid pw offgas if you seal the room. But you can avoid it if you enclose the geyser and pump more tightly and only pump if hydro sensor is above 20kg on the top level of the geyser. You can let po packets out when you are done with the setup with exchanging top tiles with airflow than exchanging back to normal tile/insulated tile. 

@R9MX4 So basically... while I could avoid the thing with the pump (just let it wait until there's a bit of water)... it would still happen becouse of the way water exits the geyser and there's no way to avoid it?

Or is there a suggestion on how to keep the PW from the geyser from sublimating? (not really important just... curious).

16 minutes ago, riwenna said:

@R9MX4 So basically... while I could avoid the thing with the pump (just let it wait until there's a bit of water)... it would still happen becouse of the way water exits the geyser and there's no way to avoid it?

Or is there a suggestion on how to keep the PW from the geyser from sublimating? (not really important just... curious).

I think little PO2 won't be a matter. And I also can't think up an easy way to avoid it

33 minutes ago, riwenna said:

Or is there a suggestion on how to keep the PW from the geyser from sublimating?

Yep.  Geysers, vents, volcanos, all emit their goods in a plus shaped region (like pumps use to suck in goods). See below.

5c7746b8cb6ad_Screenshotfrom2019-02-2719-21-29.thumb.png.068cf947c85797981d4d53e753f141b3.png

You just need to make sure that the top layer of water reaches the height of the top of this plus sign (so three layers of PW). As long as you keep the total water level below 500kg on this top level, the geyser will keep erupting (the picture above shows exactly when the geyser stopped working). Set a hydrosensor to pump anything above 100kg (or 200, or 300,etc.), on that top layer. You will never see any issues of sublimation again.

29 minutes ago, fishoutofwater said:

what if you put the pump at the same level as the geyser at.

The pump can go wherever you want it.  The key to prevent the sublimiation is to make sure you don't have small amounts of PW dropping from the top of the plus sign (3rd level up), causing periodic spots of really low pressure gas/vacuum above the lower layers. So make sure the water outputs only on that third layer, into the 3rd layer (<500kg), and you can then top the thing with high pressure hydrogen or whatever gas you want.

18 hours ago, riwenna said:

You can use a layer of water over the top of the PW. PW will fall through the water to the bottom. Set a hydrosenor in the room that leaves at least 1 tile of PW on the floor so the pump never grabs the water.

Archived