Exploit/bug: Preventing slimelung

Have your dupes been playing with slime without exosuits? Before you realize, the "Low Immunity" warning pops up. What can you do??

Fight fire with fire, of course! Cure a disease by getting a different one. Duh! That's how it works in the real world, am I right? We can only get one disease at a time, right?

Before the dupe's immune system hits 0, lock them inside a room with water on the floor. When they catch hypothermia, the germ host counter resets and the immune system slowly recovers.

A little cheaty but very helpful for preventing slimelung in early game before exosuit tech is available.

6 hours ago, Mr.Trueba said:

Or simply keep the slime under water and clean the air with some deodorizers.
It very easy, low tech and you dont need do anything else.

This. Or just store the slime in a presurised clorine room and then you can use it to produce free oxygen!

23 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I'm always in favour of solutions that involves locking dupes in a room to cause them misery. It's for their own good!

Same here. Torturing dupes is definitely one of the high points of this game! (Yes, I know that is messed up. But in a good way!)

I was trying to torture my dupes this way. However, one of my dupes had gained a warm sweater from rummaging in a locker.  Poor Bahni spent 2 days locked in the freezer waiting to get hypothermia before I remembered to remove her coat.  Then she spent another day in the freezer, but her body temp did not fall from 37C, even after the coat was removed.  After a save/load,  her body temp quickly dropped and she was able to return the colony appropriately diseased. 

5c77f5f84cab5_Screenshotfrom2019-02-2807-44-02.png.00eb851431d5d433201e8cccba816b90.png

Warning - having a warm coat on will make this strategy tough to achieve, and removing the clothing apparently requires a save/load to reset things. Bug report filed. Snazzy suits seemed to work just fine though, so keep your dupes looking dapper. :) 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:09 AM, hho1 said:

Have your dupes been playing with slime without exosuits? Before you realize, the "Low Immunity" warning pops up. What can you do??

Fight fire with fire, of course! Cure a disease by getting a different one. Duh! That's how it works in the real world, am I right? We can only get one disease at a time, right?

Before the dupe's immune system hits 0, lock them inside a room with water on the floor. When they catch hypothermia, the germ host counter resets and the immune system slowly recovers.

A little cheaty but very helpful for preventing slimelung in early game before exosuit tech is available.

dupes can only have one disease.. lol.  not an exploit, its how the game works.. unfortunately :) 

now you tell me when i rarely have dupes get sick.. lol

10 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

dupes can only have one disease

Not only dupes. There can be only one disease per tile. Lately my waste water pool got cleaned from food poisoning by dropping polluted water with slimelung in it. Since slimelung dies in water it got germ free pretty fast.

3 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Not only dupes. There can be only one disease per tile. Lately my waste water pool got cleaned from food poisoning by dropping polluted water with slimelung in it. Since slimelung dies in water it got germ free pretty fast.

true true.  i thought about  comparing dupes to a single tile but didn't :)

Archived