To those who think the Deerclops needs a buff...

The Deerclops utterly ravaged half of his base before he killed it, and using fire darts meant everything got burnt down. I don't think it needs a nerf. He didn't take much damage to his health, but how many other monsters actually destroy your base? None. This is a monster that can permanently mess you up even if you survive the fight, and even if you're well-established.

Well,it is too early to decide wether or not to buff Deerclops.But one has to note that when Riptide fought the Deerclops he stayed near his base all the time instead of leading it away from there.The damage could be a lot less.If you aggrevate the Deerclops and lead it away from your base your base will be fine,you gotta fight a tough(hp-wise) monster but your base does not have to go down thanks to him.Now of course this is all based from the stream,gonna have to play the actual update ourselves so we are more able to judge about Deerclops and the way he is.Also,Deerclops is Krampus 2.0,Krampus stole your stuff and now Deerclops will just obliterate your stuff should you give him the chance :pEdit:Of course if you're far away from your base then well it's byebye base.Never being truly safe as MilleniumCount states,and I like that fact.

Edited by Spazmatic

I liked the situation a lot when riptide hears the deerclops and says ''No...Not happen'' then went and find his beeboxes smashed. If you travel a lot and perhaps be away from your base two days and you come back and something was destroyed. This is how the game should be. Wilson isn't safe, never, till he escaped this madness. Deerclops is a great addition (of course first try it out) but I think it is good.

I feel like I cheesed the fight with the fire darts, and even though I mention a buff at the end of the kill video I personally feel that he might be perfect the way he is already. Only time will tell.

You paid for it though, he took your berry bushes down with him :p

If he actually does go after your base- how does this jive with the "anti-base / camping" mentality the devs claim to be headed?

I keep seeing evidence to the contrary.

Also- if I can't leave my base and explore and gather without fear of a huge mob trashing my base while I'm away..

..Then the game was fun while it lasted. I got my money's worth and wish you all well.

If he actually does go after your base- how does this jive with the "anti-base / camping" mentality the devs claim to be headed?

Also- if I can't leave my base and explore and gather without fear of a huge mob trashing my base while I'm away..

..Then the game was fun while it lasted. I got my money's worth and wish you all well.

keep your hat on, we still haven't experienced it.

In winter you won't have any time to explore, you will be busy surviving...

Write everything down, what you like, what you don't like, give some constructive feedback, your post seems like whining, can't read anything from it.

Really all you do is seem complaing,If deerclops destroys your base while you are gone then oh well(we still don't know),you will rebuild it,that doesn't mean the end of the world,like actually dying and learning is a part from the game aswell

Destroying bases seems very anti-base to me.

Protect your base better then. Don't stray too far away. Have multiple bases. I'm sure we'll get warning for the Deerclops anyway, like we get the growling signifying the Hounds.

And with that, you've lost all credibility and made yourself sound like all you're doing is whining about change.

Who plays hardcore games and worries about losing things? XD I find those posts pretty hillarious.Oh deerclops how I hoped you would be at least half a screen size and shoot lazers :( Not like I will see him or winter anyway with my record of 14 days or something XDI never want to live free from danger on this game, i've got other games for that, for this one I want constant threat that won't let you live and so far it doesn't feel that way unless you are bad and go exploring for danger (killer bee army of doom....). Deer clops will destroy all unless he comes across the bride xD

I think we shouldnt discuss something we didnt even experience in OUR game.

So yeah, wait for it to release ok?

I for one think winter isnt really the best time to explore. I watched the stream, and it seemed like hunger, insanity and freezing to death turned into a problem really fast for riptide. :)

Prepare for winter, survive winter.

I want this game to be a challenge, staying alive up to day 50+ wont be that easy anymore. Exactly like I want it.