Some questions about QoL that I genuinely want to know anvsers for

QoL update was needed and welcomed but it didn't introduce some things that I'm really dissapointed by.

-No scaled furnace- Klei this is like the only useful thing you can make with dragonfly scales, sure chest is nice but its nothing compared to scaled furnace in winter especially since in singleplayer thermal stone takes a lot of time to heat up and looses that heat really fast.

-Salt lick- Really this one I'm seriously disappointed in. Without it there's almost no reason to domesticate a beefalo since you can't go explore the ruins for a lot of time, not to mention world hopping.

-Scaled floor- this one I can live without but it'd be interesting to see it maybe make every structure smolder before burning like in dst.

-Regrowth- this would make ds more enjoyable as burned forests would regrow, carrots and flowers would appear again etc

-Meteor showers- this I would very much like to be added. Without it trying to get rocks late game is such a pain as you either need to go on the other side of the map cuz that's where last boulder is, explore caves or try to farm rocks and nitre via moleworms. Not to mention that meteors are just a fun mechanic and make mosaic biome feel special.

-Maxwell and Willow changes- they aren't op but they're definitelly better than their singleplayer versions. In dst Willow is… playable, you don't have to worry about your entire base burning down in 3 sec. Maxwell on the other hand should really get his changes from dst because for a character that you unlock for beating adventure mode he is really bad.

I understand if some things (like meteors or regrowth) didn't get added cuz devs'd need to change the game's engine. That's a good reason. However some things I don't understand and that's why i'd like an anvser from a dev.

And also since devs bother adding a new character to the base game that means that they could as well add things I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

-Salt lick- Really this one I'm seriously disappointed in. Without it there's almost no reason to domesticate a beefalo since you can't go explore the ruins for a lot of time, not to mention world hopping.

They didn't implemented that? That's really strange - I thought they put Ewecus in the game. So the salt lick should be also available in game - because why not?

-Regrowth- this would make ds more enjoyable as burned forests would regrow, carrots and flowers would appear again etc

This one is really a missed opportunity. I would love this to be implemented!

-Meteor showers- this I would very much like to be added. Without it trying to get rocks late game is such a pain as you either need to go on the other side of the map cuz that's where last boulder is, explore caves or try to farm rocks and nitre via moleworms. Not to mention that meteors are just a fun mechanic and make mosaic biome feel special.

Not really crucial for me personally. But it would be helpful, I guess...

Many of the Regrowing mechanics of DST (including Meteor Showers) are DST only because its a multiplayer game and such resources need to regenerate cause there is more then one player in the game.

in DS on the other hand you can renew your world by just using the Teleporto and your the ONLY player in the game which makes the renewability a proper challenge for the player.
(not to mention world hopping allows you to take advantage of 3 different  DLC worlds at the same time)

However I do agree with the other stuff still not added, they need to be added but most of them are ROG only so I would prefer DLC wide QoLs as well.

(Also Regrowing world in Hamlet will likely make your PC explode like a coconade due to all the uncapped mobs etc)

49 minutes ago, MWY said:

n DS on the other hand you can renew your world by just using the Teleporto and your the ONLY player in the game which makes the renewability a proper challenge for the player.

I really dislike the "just renew your world" arguments becasue I like to create a nice long lasting worlds with whatever I'm given instead of raiding ruins, stacking items in Sw and renewing Rog world untill I find a map that has 10 setpieces etc

Plus as I said meteor showers would be a nice way to renew rocks/flint/nitre but they'd also make mosaic an interesting biome instead of it just being that big mess of turf with some tallbirds here and there

55 minutes ago, MWY said:

most of them are ROG only so I would prefer DLC wide QoLs as well.

well that's kinda impossible since QoL is brought from dst and dst is RoG only

32 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Then those are not QoLs but new RoG only content that you want brought in DS.

Qols are updates that effect the entire game and make it better to play no matter which DLC you are in.

it seems highly unfair to just ask for enhancements to the mechanics of a single DLC.

I personally will like to see if ever a Regrowing World mechanic for all DLCs, not just RoG.

8 minutes ago, MWY said:

Qols are updates that effect the entire game and make it better to play no matter which DLC you are in.

Beefalo riding :/

8 minutes ago, MWY said:

I personally will like to see if ever a Regrowing World mechanic for all DLCs, not just RoG

Never said Regrowth would only affect Rog but now that you mentioned it yeah I guess other dlc would cause some probelms

4 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Uh...everything added in QoL was added to the BASE GAME. Meaning that if you don't have RoG you can still ride beefalo, hunt ewecus, and build wooden fences/gates.

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Beefalo riding :/

Beefalo existed before RoG...you know that right?

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

Spoiler

Right?

3 hours ago, MWY said:

Hippos for HAM....

On 1/17/2019 at 11:09 PM, watermelen671 said:

5c41436ac67a1_ezgif.com-apng-maker(67).png.4c1e4240cf7dbdfc67cb95ac0d088622.png

Probably not.

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Uh...everything added in QoL was added to the BASE GAME. Meaning that if you don't have RoG you can still ride beefalo, hunt ewecus, and build wooden fences/gates.

Beefalo existed before RoG...you know that right?

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

Reveal hidden contents

Right?

but ROG world is inside regular DS,
RoG is basically Vanilla DS now since DST is Vanilla DST irregardless to the fact its now DST RoG (Event name)

However if you look at it from Klei's perspective since RoG is a DLC,

we can say that QoLs are mostly limited to Vanilla DS if taken straight from DST
with exception of game wide mechanics such as Mouse Inventory, Fences, mini signs etc.

We need QoLs that effect DLC wide and thus if something like Riding Beefalos is present in DS.

We want something Rideable in RoG, SW and HAM to make it equal.

More bosses like Queen bee, Antilion, Klaus etc in DS/ROG?

More bosses in SW/HAM required.

Events in DS/ROG?

Events in SW/HAM.
(we have celebration Event after 10 days of Aporkalypse in HAM but its hardly a celebration when all you get is rocks and twigs..) 

Haha right watermelen you're so clever and funny cuz I indeed made an oopsie and said that QoL was limited to RoG.

Oh wait I didn't. I said that Qol was taken from dst and dst has only RoG built into it. I responded that QoL added beefalo riding which isn't for the entire game but Vanilla and RoG only.

Anyway...

42 minutes ago, MWY said:

(snip)

Bosses like Klaus should stay in dst as I like to belive that Charlie somehow made them or that they appeared after Charlie took over, so it's lore.

Ridable things in Sw and Ham would be purely for having them, not usefulness. Waterbeefalos would be limited to the Island they're on and ballphins would die quickly. Hippos can't enter buildings and ruins.

I was personally thinking that if Klei does decide to make QoL#2 and they add regrowth then in Sw things like crates or messages in botles could be reneable every hurricane season. And in Hamlet stone slabs if not mined would reset every lush season.

28 minutes ago, MWY said:

More bosses like Queen bee, Antilion, Klaus etc in DS/ROG?

Well those three are symbolically attached to Charlie, and established canonically that they came after Maxwell's reign.

We already basically have Antlion in the form of the Volcano Altar of Snackrifice in SW.

28 minutes ago, MWY said:

We want something Rideable in RoG, SW and HAM to make it equal.

Say pal, have you seen my hypothetical scenario?

Spoiler
On 1/20/2019 at 2:06 PM, watermelen671 said:

[snip]

29 minutes ago, MWY said:

[snip]

That isn't Quality of Life. That's just new content, there's a difference between those.

Quality of Life is basically bug/performance fixes, some mechanic tweaks, just generally little stuff.

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Haha right watermelen you're so clever and funny cuz I indeed made an oopsie and said that QoL is limited to RoG while it's not...

Anyway...

...is that sarcasm I see?!

soyousay.png.525678ddb2bac8aaea57493545e05926.png

3 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Waterbeefalos would be limited to the Island they're on and ballphins would die quickly.

Well, I mean they COULD be made to swim, it'd just be very slow and inefficient.

Spoiler

Or I dunno, maybe make it so they have like one of those motorcycle sidecars...but for boats, and for your beefalo.

8 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Hippos can't enter buildings and ruins.

Well I mean, it would be incredibly rude to take your mount into a store. But a relatively simple thing to solve; import (maybe reskin) those poles from the Gorge, and make it so you can tie your mount so as to not have it wander off and harass the locals.

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

This would make DS less enjoyable for me. Have you ever tried to make a megabase in DST outside of the oasis biome? A lot of your time has to be spent chopping trees that show up at random spots in your base. World regrowth is a huge annoyance.
World regrowth is a mechanic meant to make public servers inhabitable for new players, even after hundreds of days have passed. In DS, you're the only player who will ever be in your world. It's your responsibility to make sure that you don't destroy all the forests in the world, and that you don't need planted carrots after the early game.

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

This would also be an annoyance without many benefits, as there are multiple ways to renew rocks already in both in RoG and SW. All that meteor fields do is make a significant chunk of the map unsuitable for building.

Just now, Field Field said:

This would also be an annoyance without many benefits, as there are multiple ways to renew rocks already in both in RoG and SW.

Can you give some examples? I'm genuinely curious how to renew nitre in Sw as I know that you can trawl for rocks in the shallows.

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Can you give some examples? I'm genuinely curious how to renew nitre in Sw as I know that you can trawl for rocks in the shallows.

For example if you let the volcano erupt in dry season and let the lava craters cool down by themselves instead of using ice you get rocks. charcoal  and flint for each of them. I get tons of rocks (and a good amount of bonus charcoal) in a whole dry season.

For pure nitre renewal in sw. Bring a moleworm and start making more of them out of it to start your moleworm farm. A farm of that provide you with rocks, gold, flint and nitre.

Archived