Power free. 5x4 sterilising room

6 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

you might need to elaborate

what do you mean by "why in my game sterilising water costs chlorine"?

while germs getting killed, the chlorine gets thinner lol. I feel it's not the same for you guys?

13 minutes ago, goatt said:

i'll post a screenshot when i'm free

This is my decon room, the chlorine pressure is 2114.9g though out the whole room.  It hasn't changed in the past 150-ish cycles since I built it and I have killed millions of slimelung germs

20190218190244_1.thumb.jpg.e78b7679cdf056340b56fb2813c50160.jpg01.thumb.png.997c33216f3a4afd51bdf1b4a09cdc6a.png

Btw, there is a way to automate two liquid storages to be absolutely certain no germs can ever get through which is even resilient to crashes and save/reloads. And you don't need plastic for germ sensors either so you don't need to rush for that.

Here's how it works.

Clock A is set to ON at 0%, and with 50% duty cycle. Clock B is set to ON at 25%, and with 50% duty cycle.
The two FILTER gates are set to 5s in order to ensure the shut off valves do not open until the output is fully blocked. 

disinfectorautomation.thumb.png.0f0e0cbda7452715f56fef1506e5a666.png

Now you might think that'll be impossible to cram into a small room. But not quite. It's doable.

image.thumb.png.eff272cfb0425f16ad47fb67553c6167.png

image.thumb.png.1eae55097f831171fd218ad35a8359e9.png

Those of you familiar with my automation tip threads will know that this can naturally be heavily reduced by eliminating the NANDs to two combined NOTs but even more can be reduced if we just use a second set of clocks identical to the first ones with the second set just combined to replace 3 NOTs and 1 AND (or 4 NOTs) to only be connected to the right door.

Here the two clocks at the top are As and the lower ones Bs. This function is identical to the one posted above.

image.thumb.png.c1f25f7876b9b9805553c7fa031d3ff1.png

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, Neotuck said:

Mine's only 4*4 and also is power free

sterilizes my bathroom, med bay, and shower room

extra water and Pdirt is germ free

easy to build without debug

and never mind - just found your post.  Search function in forum just stinks.

Just now, Saturnus said:

Typically you'd have some idea in which thread it was posted, so click on the topics option on the left side 

usually I just remember the title of the thread and type it in the search window

for example I typed "septic system V3" to find the thread I posted back in November

3 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

usually I just remember the title of the thread and type it in the search window

for example I typed "septic system V3" to find the thread I posted back in November

Well, you've only been on the forum a year. The search function can't look back very far. And if it's not a popular topic it gets archived out of reach of the search function.

18 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Btw, there is a way to automate two liquid storages to be absolutely certain no germs can ever get through which is even resilient to crashes and save/reloads. And you don't need plastic for germ sensors either so you don't need to rush for that.

Here's how it works.

Clock A is set to ON at 0%, and with 50% duty cycle. Clock B is set to ON at 25%, and with 50% duty cycle.
The two FILTER gates are set to 5s in order to ensure the shut off valves do not open until the output is fully blocked. 

Now you might think that'll be impossible to cram into a small room. But not quite. It's doable.

Those of you familiar with my automation tip threads will know that this can naturally be heavily reduced by eliminating the NANDs to two combined NOTs but even more can be reduced if we just use a second set of clocks identical to the first ones with the second set just combined to replace 3 NOTs and 1 AND (or 4 NOTs) to only be connected to the right door.

Here the two clocks at the top are As and the lower ones Bs. This function is identical to the one posted above.

Thank you Saturnus, As a Electronic engineer, i see you are proficient in the art of electronics :)  your posts are always very informative and much appreciated. 

And you NeoTuck too ;) 

15 minutes ago, bummins said:

Thank you Saturnus, As a Electronic engineer, i see you are proficient in the art of electronics :)  your posts are always very informative and much appreciated. 

And you NeoTuck too ;) 

I'm just a plumber :p

I've relied on @Saturnus for automation improvements on many of my builds

@goatt I've noticed that the chlorine gets deleted too when I put a slime container in a caustic biome.  I wonder if it is related to the pressure Neotuck used in his room (2.1 kg/tile which prevents slime from outgassing).

@bummins - I was looking for a septic solution that avoids plastic since I am too impatient to build a drecko ranch and getting oil takes me a minute - so thanks for this.  To be fair hpongledd showed us a way with three tanks some time ago too, but I don't really understand his flow sensor idea (opens the output when inlet flow is detected).

@Saturnus - doesn't this do the same thing (minus the 5 second buffer?)

5c747db3a51ae_SepticV7auto.JPG.98430f7fe9c6ebd86f2d117561d1d5da.JPG5c747e9fbd72a_SepticV7.JPG.8836e37ef43c4169f433308a60018b60.JPG

I added the germ sensor and feedback loop 50 cycles later when I finally did get plastic -- cheap insurance -- and I wanted to see if any germs ever made it past tank 2 (they don't, at least with the germ load I gave it).  Filter and buffer set to 140s each.  (Neotuck says 130s kills everything)

Archived