Since morbs don't fall through doors anymore

I am sure someone can come up with a better way of doing this but I had some fun playing around with the design and thought I would share my attempt.

Same idea could also be used to sort hatches into ranches with available space. 

Keep in mind this only works with one critter at a time so you could not have several outhouses - could change it a bit and add another chamber to make it work with several mobs, hatches etc.. 

5c692703b833d_Morbs1.thumb.png.6f5c0c8a6db1f7bf4161f9125c3af809.png

5c69270c22ba6_Morbs2.thumb.png.a27f27721c9667d2d9a23a79f1f9afaa.png

You can't have doors below outhouses anymore so only one morb will spawn until you reload the game. 

I guess you could also just have a chamber to the side of the outhouse instead of dropping them but I wasted enough time on this so enjoy! ;) 

12 hours ago, Yunru said:

Don't use morbs, use a MOGOM!

Most of the time I want to produce more polluted water(/dirt^^) and want to limit my consumption.

=> A "MOGOM" will use my polluted water compared to a morb farm that is able to produce polluted water ;)

(Morb -> Puft -> Algae distiller -> Water sieve -> Sleet wheat )

they do fall threw a door if you close it on them but the problem im having is morbs not spawning out of the toilets after 1st 4 i built it in debug spawned 4 morbs to test the system it worked they fell so i retested 5 or 6 times then spawned dupes filled toil;ets and cleared and 4 spawned then i waited....and waited and waited... still no more morbs

Update. Reloaded the game and morbs spawned ill wait and se if they keep spawning if not i guess youll have to reload every 3 cycles until you get the amount desired

Update 2 ok iut seems you do have to infact reloald the game to get more morbs to spawn why this is im not sure

Qol2 Morb farm.jpg

11 hours ago, RoflDonkey said:

they do fall threw a door if you close it on them but the problem im having is morbs not spawning out of the toilets after 1st 4 i built it in debug spawned 4 morbs to test the system it worked they fell so i retested 5 or 6 times then spawned dupes filled toil;ets and cleared and 4 spawned then i waited....and waited and waited... still no more morbs

Update. Reloaded the game and morbs spawned ill wait and se if they keep spawning if not i guess youll have to reload every 3 cycles until you get the amount desired

Update 2 ok iut seems you do have to infact reloald the game to get more morbs to spawn why this is im not sure

Qol2 Morb farm.jpg

I tried in debugging mode after new release, it seems it takes more than 2 days to spawn one, but they do keep coming in my game. Idk. Maybe this info helps.

Ok thanks to dyre i was reminded i need to automate the resting of the bathrooms so this is the new system. the clock is set to 1% at start of the day there are 7 buffer gates set to 200 seconds and the not gate that leads to the doors under bathroom opening them then returning to the system waiting for the clock to reset the system (this does not drop morbs only resets the spawn) so the door system to drop the morbs is a little clunky but it does work however it works best on lowest speed as do them morbs as their "farts" are set to the global clock not the cycle clock. (timing may be off im still testing if so jsut add more buffergates)

Qol2 Morb farm final.jpg

Archived