Deerclops Overpowered, blatantly unfair?

To me that is part of the point of having mods....Devs design and tune the game to the match their intented vision and we make mods to give players the option of a more challenging or less challenging game play experience. Everyone wins.I wonder how many deerclops will get spawned in the Horrific mod....deerclops army for the win! :lol:EDIT:Ooh...with Krampus' to clean up the battlefield! :biggrin-new:

I get that this game is supposed to be difficult, but I just can't understand the insane level of difficult that is being added in tomorrow's update.Don't get me wrong, Winter is great, freezing is fine, yada yada.But giving the Deerclops the ability to crash the game? I mean... come ON!:frown:

You have 30 days to prepare thats 30 days to get warm clothes get armor get weapons collect food.The update isen't even live yet.Stop crying n00b.

I just can't agree with giving the deerclops unbridled power.Personally, I would be okay with it saving the game, and then making you exit to Menus.You just gotta draw the line somewhere...

Edited by Kraizee

Watched more of the stream, it goes on, even now. From what I have seen Deerclops will be last thing to worry about. Hounds don't go after meat on the ground anymore, pigs fight back. I love winter update.

The players dealing less damage, improved enemy combat ai, and longer nights have me excited. But doubling the sanity meter disappointed me beyond words. Ill reserve judgement until I play it myself, but it seems like it may as well not even exist now.I was enjoying Wes only having 75, but even then it wasn't a threat.

The players dealing less damage, improved enemy combat ai, and longer nights have me excited. But doubling the sanity meter disappointed me beyond words. Ill reserve judgement until I play it myself, but it seems like it may as well not even exist now.I was enjoying Wes only having 75, but even then it wasn't a threat.

Dress dapper and keep by fire at night and you don't even lose sanity.

Yea, that sanity is still not there, but I can wait for next update for that.

I cant really put faith for sanity to get buffed in any future update since they choose to double your meter in this one :/

That's just tuning to find the right value, not so long ago all characters had like 200 hunger and 150 or 200 HP.

I thought I heard Kevin say they had some people come in to play the game and noticed some of them going insane in 3 days....and something about not wanting people to be *overly* focused on the meters so the increase was to try to balance the game across all the different mechanics in play now....hunger, health, sanity, seasons, monsters, gathering resources150 seems better to me though or even start at 150/200 and decrease as you reach milesones like 50 days, 100 days, etc. to ramp the difficulty up so new players are not overwhelmed and experienced players are less bored.EDIT:Well he said was not that great of a player....better than many but not gotten past ~70 days? either....also I wonder if it is to make the stream more interesting?

Edited by WrathOf

This update must be very hard since the streamer can only show winter in the premade saves.He was not able to survive until winter, last time I saw he died to a koalafant at day 19. After that I gave up watching.

Dealing with a Koalafant is different than dealing with a Beefalo, kiting or otherwise.

Dealing with a Koalafant is different than dealing with a Beefalo, kiting or otherwise.

Day 18 - He finds the KoalafantDay 18 night - He makes camp and stays too close to it. If he moved away a few steps the Koalafant would have slept and could have been killed. Received advice to do so but ignored.Day 19 morning - He proceeds to chase the thing around the map trying to corner it without success. He keep telling he has done it before.Day 19 - hounds attackDay 19 - he builds a wall in a bridge to corner the Koalafant.Day 19 - Koalafant kills him on the second hit.Interval.He loads a premade save.I leave.

Day 18 - He finds the KoalafantDay 18 night - He makes camp and stays too close to it. If he moved away a few steps the Koalafant would have slept and could have been killed. Received advice to do so but ignored.Day 19 morning - He proceeds to chase the thing around the map trying to corner it without success. He keep telling he has done it before.Day 19 - hounds attackDay 19 - he builds a wall in a bridge to corner the Koalafant.Day 19 - Koalafant kills him on the second hit.Interval.He loads a premade save.I leave.

I was there. Dealing with a Koalafant is different than dealing with a Beefalo. The attack is different in timing and animation and range. Cornering one is a pain in the butt and taking a hit from one is bad news. I don't know if he took one down before, but I will say if he didn't and was telling a fib that whole experience was new to him.It could have just been a series of unfortunate events for him.