dupe after dinner expression

Is it just me, or do dupes have the same expression after each dinner no matter what quality you give? I mean, I give them stuffed berry, pepper bread, BBQ and there's even a mod that give quality 6 food, and the ungrateful scoundrels just keep doing the "I'm just going to overtly whipe my tongue with my hands and act like the food gives me stomach cramps" expressions.

8 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Since when is cooking a guarantee for germ-free food ?

(Your able to add germs after cooking in several ways aswell ...)

I was under the impression cooking it got rid of the germs. If not, my bad. Although I am pretty sure the food is germ free. Since it doesn't come in contact with germs from water in the first place. It's also sterile kept stored.

Just now, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:
2 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Since when is cooking a guarantee for germ-free food ?

(Your able to add germs after cooking in several ways aswell ...)

I was under the impression cooking it got rid of the germs. If not, my bad.

Shouldn´t sound so agressiv but your to fast responding ^^

Cooking creates "hot" food, which does kill of germs till it cools down (but this doesn´t guarantee anything)

Ok the last thing that comes to my mind:

Did you duplicants have germy hands when they go to pick up their food ?

(For me it´s most of the time the germy dirt from a compost resulting in this problem)

3 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Shouldn´t sound so agressiv but your to fast responding ^^

Cooking creates "hot" food, which does kill of germs till it cools down (but this doesn´t guarantee anything)

Ok the last thing that comes to my mind:

Did you duplicants have germy hands when they go to pick up their food ?

(For me it´s most of the time the germy dirt from a compost resulting in this problem)

I mean they surely will have at one point, but mostly they are clean (I have sinks everywhere). Again, they do the animation every time they eat.

I have the window open to the forums while I'm doing some work, hence why I am quick to respond as I get your reply instantly.

I play on miserable, so no immunity regeneration, and all dupes are at 100% (haven't pierced the starting biome yet).  So I know it's not germs, but I still get the yuck animation nearly every meal.  Food is stored in a co2 environ so it's not stale,  although the ingredients are often at 70% or so before cooking. 

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Not sure if related but i had dupes doing the "disgusted" expression after leaving the toilet as well.

I noticed this too. I was wondering why - it only seems occasional. Like they gagged a little in there on something. I was like wth? Really? And why on earth do they have a leg of fried chicken over their head on the way to the toilet while we're at it?

I can think of half a dozen more appropriate animations when running off to the toilet other than drooling at the mouth.

1 hour ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Is it just me, or do dupes have the same expression after each dinner no matter what quality you give? I mean, I give them stuffed berry, pepper bread, BBQ and there's even a mod that give quality 6 food, and the ungrateful scoundrels just keep doing the "I'm just going to overtly whipe my tongue with my hands and act like the food gives me stomach cramps" expressions.

This is actually "the crap you are feeding us is so bad, I can barely avoid vomiting". Happens with germs on the food (often directly transferred from their surface germs when they fetch it) and when food is stale. May also happen with delay if they interrupt lunch to run to the loo.

You can cut down on it by having germ-free fresh food and placing enough hand-wash stations before the food storage. What also works is placing the food-storage in Chlorine. That seems to disinfect the dupe at the same time when they fetch the food.

53 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Not sure if related but i had dupes doing the "disgusted" expression after leaving the toilet as well.

That happens when they interrupted eating. The emote just gets delayed.

Archived