[Game Update] - 136

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.36 - 1/24/2019 (PlayStation 4)

yotp_update.png.d93004b11dca59208ac3de4c

There's a spring in the step of our survivors this season as the world of Don't Starve says goodbye to the Year of the Varg, and hello to the Year of the Pig King! Bring in the new year by testing your mettle against the King's elite warriors in the most honourable wrestling ring, then collect festive prizes with your lucky winnings.

Changes

- Start of Year of the Pig.
- End of Winter's Feast.
- Fix not being able to scroll in the Ensemble Info panel (in the Curio Cabinet).

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We're happy to say that the next update for the Year of the Pig King event will launch within 2 days of the PC version.

I thought we will get it after 2 days! This is amazing guys, thank you so so much.

• Like 2

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

After going in curio cabinet to see the new skins, i saw that you added both forge collection (hype scream) but the skin from year of the pig arent weavable ( both ths survivor and belongings ) is it normal ? 

Can you try restarting the game and see if this is still happening? They should be weavable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Can you try restarting the game and see if this is still happening? They should be weavable.

I tried, i even restarted my Ps4, and those specific skins are still not weavable.

Here's photo just to prove my saying5c4a1af5f2ed6_DontStarveTogether_ConsoleEdition_20190124140143.thumb.jpg.d053b6012eb8e6f5d93bfa549395ce6b.jpg5c4a1af6e8f5f_DontStarveTogether_ConsoleEdition_20190124140257.thumb.jpg.a99ecdd3ba3a4a256c54548704f9ecf0.jpg

Forgot to mention but in my case everything related to Year of the pig cant be weaved !

Except for that everything is fine and wrestling against pig for gold nugget is awesome :') thanks for the quick respond.

Tanks alot it got fixed :)

Edited by Warlockadamm

• Developer

There was a period after the PS4 build went live where the skins weren't weaveable, because the server side that lets you weave didn't go live until after, to make sure people had access to the new build with the new art before we started giving them the new skins.

That said, right now as far as I know it's live for everyone on all platforms. If you do a reboot now and _still_ can't weave it then something's wrong. We're able to weave on our end using the production build. Please let us know, if it's still broken for you we'll definitely look into it further!

Edit: OP says it's fixed, guess that's what it was.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, nome said:

There was a period after the PS4 build went live where the skins weren't weaveable, because the server side that lets you weave didn't go live until after, to make sure people had access to the new build with the new art before we started giving them the new skins.

That said, right now as far as I know it's live for everyone on all platforms. If you do a reboot now and _still_ can't weave it then something's wrong. We're able to weave on our end using the production build. Please let us know, if it's still broken for you we'll definitely look into it further!

Edit: OP says it's fixed, guess that's what it was.

question, are we supposed to be getting curio chests for commons? because i just got a black skirt which is a common.... :/  just asking cause i saw pc stream and they got curio chest

Edited by MisterPockets
  • Like 1

Thanks for updating year of the pig early, awesome event!. However, I have a question: as a skin collector on ps4 (rough life XD) my friends and I got overwhelmed with the release of all the forge and year of pig king weavables, can you tell us which ones are limited to focus on them? (Assuming year of the pig king, like the varg?) also you guys said you’re working on the ability to buy skins, will everything that was available to pc come to us? As we wanna buy all skins it’s much better for us if we get a confirmation and save spools for the items not in usual pc skin bundle (Vignettes, emotes, portraits,...etc) please?

Also, you guys said you are working on bringing the forge to ps4, are we gonna have the skins weavable till then and be able to farm them during event? Like the gorge and pc forge etc?

Edited by Mahoood
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, MisterPockets said:

question, are we supposed to be getting curio chests for commons? because i just got a black skirt which is a common.... :/  just asking cause i saw pc stream and they got curio chest

I was wondering the same thing as i got a pair of common pants for my first drop.

Edited by Rogueagent01

On 1/25/2019 at 6:52 AM, Mahoood said:

Thanks for updating year of the pig early, awesome event!. However, I have a question: as a skin collector on ps4 (rough life XD) my friends and I got overwhelmed with the release of all the forge and year of pig king weavables, can you tell us which ones are limited to focus on them? (Assuming year of the pig king, like the varg?) also you guys said you’re working on the ability to buy skins, will everything that was available to pc come to us? As we wanna buy all skins it’s much better for us if we get a confirmation and save spools for the items not in usual pc skin bundle (Vignettes, emotes, portraits,...etc) please?

Also, you guys said you are working on bringing the forge to ps4, are we gonna have the skins weavable till then and be able to farm them during event? Like the gorge and pc forge etc?

@Joe

@CharlesB

We are looking forward to buying skins

Edited by Mano Til
  • Like 1

On 21.01.2019 at 7:14 AM, Dreamer760 said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a Geometric Placement option to the settings on PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like this option on console If possible is long overdue. A Geometric Placement option would simply be a quality of life addition to us on console, being able to neatly place objects, crafting stations, build bases, and even create themed areas in a nicely compact way would allow us to be a lot more flexible and creative when picking areas to build in. The only reason I can think of as to why this has not yet been added could be because it could possibly be clunky with a joystick, but i'm sure Klei could figure out a way around this.

Geometric Placement Mod on the Steam Workshop

On 24.01.2019 at 7:57 PM, JanH said:

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.36 - 1/24/2019 (PlayStation 4)

yotp_update.png.d93004b11dca59208ac3de4c

There's a spring in the step of our survivors this season as the world of Don't Starve says goodbye to the Year of the Varg, and hello to the Year of the Pig King! Bring in the new year by testing your mettle against the King's elite warriors in the most honourable wrestling ring, then collect festive prizes with your lucky winnings.

Changes

- Start of Year of the Pig.
- End of Winter's Feast.
- Fix not being able to scroll in the Ensemble Info panel (in the Curio Cabinet).

View full update

And it also add both the Forge collections, but why?