The One Character I Want in DST (Comic Edition)

4 hours ago, Szczuku said:

The comic is great but I don't really see Warly being useful in dst

But who knows

Most of the time on public servers, I always see one or two people that are nomads. Warly sounds perfect for this playstyle.

10 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Warly.png

I’m stealing the bottom image ty

7 hours ago, Szczuku said:

But who knows

It might be pretty useful to have a Crock Pot down in the ruins and perhaps he might get another perk aswell?

Wickerbottom's ability to craft Science Items with a lower tier Crafting Station isn't that useful as well as soon as you prototyped the items you need and on the other hand it's a con, because you don't get the +15 Sanity for the Tier 1 prototypes.

If Warly gets his perks and cons adapted to DST he could be pretty useful, let's say only he can make some specific foods with hard to obtain ingredients, and such foods have unique mechanics:

EG:
- A food that gives "some" healing over time (like the potion we got during halloween), but makes you loose more sanity to the darkness and evil auras during that time. 
-A food that blocks 90% of sanity aura drain for a short time, but also makes you take 10% more damage during that time.
-A food for high fire resistance for a short time, but that makes you take more overheating damage for that time
-A food for freezing resistance, but makes you more hungry for that time

And only one food's effect can be active at any given time so you can't counter the foods effects with each-other.

I'd remove his "more hungry" con since that's already a Wolfgang and Wes thing, but get his picky eater con buffed instead: getting really high penalties from eating raw foods, non crock pot foods, or repeating the same foods.
He could get the effects of his special foods buffed when he eats them, possibly with more time in effect for him, but his picky eater con will make him get diminishing returns of using the same foods right after the effect ends. So it would be balanced to not make him an OP character, but more of a team oriented character. He'd be the group's chef for sure :)

Also a durability based portable crock pot only he can craft would be beneficial for everyone IMHO.

11 hours ago, Szczuku said:

But who knows

Some people likes Warly, others just want the Portable crock pot available for DST (like the Blunderbuss of Warbucks in Hamlet).

Archived