Ovarall thoughts on Hamlet so far

-It's actually quite hard to get bone bits- not enough skeletons on the map (or at least 1st Island). I think that ruins should have some skeletons in tchem. Not only for bone shards but also for ambiance in ruins

-If you're playing as any other character than Maxwell and Warbucks then sanity is an actuall threat- I've played as Webber- was wearing Tam and carrying an umbrella and my wetness was still going up and i couldn't do anything about it so my sanity also just got Thanos-snapped out of existance. As i mentioned earlier I couldn't find any bone source to make snakeskin hat

-Bug'b'gone is a must for humid season for beetles. I guess now they're kinda balanced as i don't see as much flytrap/hipopotamoose extinction every humid season.

-Fog needs some changes. I think there're too many Times fog happenes at the same time bats arrive.

-Durring humid season i swear I get hit by ligthing more than durring Hurricane season in Sw. Seriously it's starting to get really annoying. I think Klei should give trees or town buildings bigger priority than the player.

-Unless you want to craft Skyworthy there's no need to fight Mant Queen.

-Warrior mants are really annoying. They are almsot fast enough to attack player running away with stalking stick. Don't nerf them though (I hope i won't regret that)

-Thunderbirds need a rework or something.Their lightining can hit player even when they're in the next biome

-Worldgen sometimes jsut laughts at you by placing tall gras fields right next to guard towers. Or Hipopotamooses next to flytaps

-Pig city feels dead if player doesn't interact with it. Pigs should have way more animations and lines. Interacting with other pigs and speaking with them. Also there needs to be some sort of limit to how much they crap cuz i swear the 2nd city alwas has like 2 stacks of poop in it.

-Speaking of hippopotamooses- they can be pushed by player and in beta it worked fine. Right now if you push them they're just going to bounce back to where they were. I guess they really want to fight those flytraps and die.

-There's no reason to leave Pogs and Thunderbirds alive. Ok I guess 1 thunderbird should stay alive to bait gnat swarms (unless lamp posts can be used for that) or if you're playing as Wx-78

-It's quite hard to get flint. Gnat hives most of the time drop just rocks. And yes I know that shops sell it but most players actually don't think about it. 

Ok I've been kinda listing out things that annoy me for now. Let's get to positives.

-I love how new creatures are made. Almost every creature has different abilities and such. Flytraps evolution system. (I like that although it tends to jsut create a huge groups of flytraps in 1 place cuz a piece of meat was there). I love Weevoles, I don't know why i just love them. Their sounds, idle aniamtions, how they burry if in danger, that you can control where they spawn. Scorpions and their jumps/poison. Klei should definitelly do the same with creatures in other dlcs

-Ruins are really cool although there could be more things in them to create better ambiance. For example I like that some rooms just have giant roots growing in the corner. Some rooms should have a bunch of skeletons that we can't interact with. Mant ruins need a complete new look in my opinion. Mant drawings, statues, corpses or something like that.

-Pugalisk is a great boss. Something actually new rathar than another "hit and run" boss with just more complicated attacks.

44 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

<snip>

In the ruins:  Pig Skeletons, not just human looking ones!

Agree about fog.  

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is discombobulated by insanity.  (I play Wicker most of the time.)  

(01) I had the same problem with bone bits (hound teeth to be precise) because I wanted to make thread and spool but instead started founding said thread spool from masked pig chests so bone bits only became important for bucket of poop, but poop is so easily available now I don't think its a problem unless you need more with bones.

(02) Use a pigskin helmet WITH umbrella to lower wetness, Tam o Shanter does not provide enough wetness protection compared to other cloth items, head over the wiki to find out.

(03) Rabid Beetles ability to swarm you and aggro on you from quite a distance is very very dangerous right now, I was playing as Wigfrid and let me tell you, these things DO NOT let up in any way and I had to kill every single one of them and it was harder then tanking swarm of spiders, hounds, bats etc (Bug b Gone is a blessing).

(04) Fog season already starts taking place at the 10th day, it should be moved to 20th day like winter so players can be prepared at least and the intervals should be linearly timed. (All season must be timed in similar manner to original seasons cause as of right now each season just lasts around 11 days)

(05) Without lightning rod any base you might have is surely toast during fog season.

(06) Well right now you can find two royal treasures in the ruins (a truffle and something else) and they can be exchanged for royal key so fighting mant queen is completely optional.

(07) Their speed needs to be reduced cause they are the same thing as warrior pigs.

(08) Needs fixing

(09) There are too many biome land types in the game right now that generate nearby to one another and this can cause a LOT of things to get mixed up and sometimes your screen looks more messy then a sketchbook. Biomes need to have some cleanliness in them so they look less congested and more open (take a look at DS, SW their biomes look so wide and clean).

(10) Pig city or Pig mobs to be precise are completely player interaction dependent and as of right now you can ONLY do trading and garden shearing in the city, nothing else. Civilized Cities need some hussle and bussle that you can take part in and self interaction should be added at least between pigs so it feels somewhat alive.

(11) I don't think they matter much in the game except for being required to make bird whistle for calling ROC so its not much important unless if they serve something more special.

(12) Pogs are like pets from DST, food disposal devices with a slight helping of catcoon. Thunderbirds are annoying.

(13) Stone Slabs, Cave clefts, Old Statues all can give flint and if you aren't using them like crazy it won't be problem.

The game is still in early access and you know as how development of SW went with final version having soo many things different then previous versions we can expect the same in Hamlet (obvious reason why developers are taking more time now)

3 hours ago, MWY said:

Use a pigskin helmet WITH umbrella to lower wetness, Tam o Shanter does not provide enough wetness protection compared to other cloth items, head over the wiki to find out.

Yes I know but the thing is: I was already insane and was trying to raise my sanity.

3 hours ago, MWY said:

Without lightning rod any base you might have is surely toast during fog season.

I meant anywhere outside my base. Like I'd expect a tree or a metal lamp post to get hit by lightning, not me.

3 hours ago, MWY said:

don't think they matter much in the game except for being required to make bird whistle for calling ROC so its not much important unless if they serve something more special.

Now you see: I'm weird. I want them simply for the ambiance. Yeah I guess you can farm them for meat but I just don't want lake to be empty.

Has anyone been using the snakeskin jacket? Does it protect from humidity wetness? It and the hat, which I always make, don’t get enough love I think. With the hat, I am able to stay significantly drier and it protects against thunderbird lightning (and all lightning).

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Has anyone been using the snakeskin jacket? Does it protect from humidity wetness? It and the hat, which I always make, don’t get enough love I think. With the hat, I am able to stay significantly drier and it protects against thunderbird lightning (and all lightning).

I use the snakeskin hat a lot.  I need to wear armor, so I don't use other jackets and shirts very much.  

1. Agreed.

2. I have found sanity harder to manage. Particularly in the hay fever season (because of Wigfrid). But this is a good thing I think. I do wish Wigfrid had some other alternative to the gas mask away from base though.

3. Bug B'Gone is definitely a life saver.

4. Fog can be annoying. Does the Cowl help you see in fog? It seems like it would be a reasonable item to use for that role, but there needs to be someway of renewing it, or making new ones. Why don't vampire bats drop their own version of batilisk wings?

5. Yeah. A little bit annoying. Would be better if lightning did target things like light poles more often. I feel they should act kinda like lightning rods.

6. No comment.

7. If that's what they all turn into during the Aporkalypse, I think they're fine at their current run speed.

8. Agreed.

9. Yes it does.

10. Definitely too much poop.

11. Hippopatamoose are a little annoying to fight. I am correct in saying that you can only kill one of the pair, or else they will never respawn? I have on several occasions accidentally got both killed. Flytraps haven't been too bad for me to kill (though I have been playing as Wigfrid).

12. Yeah. No real reason to keep 'em alive.

13. Flint is hard to come by. I like to stockpile tools from the shop, but it often doesn't have much of a tool I need. I'm also used to not carrying my tools with me and crafting them when I need them. I think it would be good if you could make some tools out of alloy that have a high durability, but a high resource cost. I think that'd help with this issue.

14. Some unique mechanics are nice. Flytraps and their evolution, and scorpions with their unique kiting pattern. I'd love to see more creatures with these sort of unique mechanics.

15. Agreed.

16. I haven't fought the Pugalisk yet. But I have summoned it when I decided to make the foolish decision of taking the water I knew was gonna do something bad. Goes with point number 14.

12 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Yes I know but the thing is: I was already insane and was trying to raise my sanity.

Well that's quite easy as well, just make as a small fire, wear helmet and umbrella, stand near it and let wetness drop like heck,

when wetness no more (takes about a few seconds) wear the tam on shanta back and keep the umbrella on and recover sanity, the umbrella will reduce wetness intake from heavy rain to light rain.

(That's how I used to go thru Spring in ROG in order to save Eyeball for Obelisk of Light)

I have the impression that Hamlet is very much about luck: like the Worldgen that can really impact the gameplay and the environment, for example: the genocide of spidermonkeys by the Flytraps. Stores that do not always give the same things, slabs that give random objects (you'll tell me it's like the grave, the grave gives gems and toys, which are much more useful than glummy stuff and insects and some minerals). If you have an Ice Flingomatic, you have to buy a lot of ice in the store, it is tedious to prevent bats avoid setting fire to your crops because of stupid guards. An Ice Maker 3000 introduced in Hamlet would not be a refusal, but I think it also requires ice.

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎30 at 8:02 PM, Szczuku said:

-It's actually quite hard to get bone bits- not enough skeletons on the map (or at least 1st Island). I think that ruins should have some skeletons in tchem. Not only for bone shards but also for ambiance in ruins

Ok scratch that one. You can get them from dung piles

On 31.12.2018 at 3:09 AM, Rellimarual said:

I use the hat. I'm a WX player so it's even more important to stay dry. I realised that jungle gives some rain protection, so the hat itself is enough. You can bring some chest slot armor and hambat and go nuts with flytraps like I did:

SwLdcGH.pngSXWfXqO.png
Fighting snaptooth flytraps is quite easy. I want to figure out some way to make them useful though, they're not a good food source themselves but maybe they could produce meat in other ways? Uncontrollable spawning of seedlings and fully grown ones not regenerating health makes it kinda hard.

The only thing I did was using one fully grown plant to kill butterflies (a single flower planted and no others in big radius), I also walled its 'kids' close to it so they prevent new ones from spawning. Big one can attack you while you pick up wings, but they just bite once (or was it twice?) and then do nothing until you hit them back. They're like that with any mob so it also limits usefulness.

On 31.12.2018 at 12:23 PM, MWY said:

Well that's quite easy as well, just make as a small fire, wear helmet and umbrella, stand near it and let wetness drop like heck,

when wetness no more (takes about a few seconds) wear the tam on shanta back and keep the umbrella on and recover sanity, the umbrella will reduce wetness intake from heavy rain to light rain.

(That's how I used to go thru Spring in ROG in order to save Eyeball for Obelisk of Light)

Why didn't you just make a rain coat? 

13 minutes ago, Maslak said:

I use the hat. I'm a WX player so it's even more important to stay dry. I realised that jungle gives some rain protection, so the hat itself is enough. You can bring some chest slot armor and hambat and go nuts with flytraps like I did:

SwLdcGH.pngSXWfXqO.png
Fighting snaptooth flytraps is quite easy. I want to figure out some way to make them useful though, they're not a good food source themselves but maybe they could produce meat in other ways? Uncontrollable spawning of seedlings and fully grown ones not regenerating health makes it kinda hard.

The only thing I did was using one fully grown plant to kill butterflies (a single flower planted and no others in big radius), I also walled its 'kids' close to it so they prevent new ones from spawning. Big one can attack you while you pick up wings, but they just bite once (or was it twice?) and then do nothing until you hit them back. They're like that with any mob so it also limits usefulness.

Why didn't you just make a rain coat? 

Put nectar in the honey chests in Mant Hills, and it'll eventually turn into honey. You don't even have to un-stack it; put it a stack of 40 nectar and you'll get a stack of 40 honey.

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Put nectar in the honey chests in Mant Hills, and it'll eventually turn into honey. You don't even have to un-stack it; put it a stack of 40 nectar and you'll get a stack of 40 honey.

I know about it but I just ate it raw, I think it has same stats as honey. All I used honey for were 3 bandages and 1 honey ham to build shops.

29 minutes ago, Maslak said:

A birdcage can convert all those leafy meats to eggs. You can live off flytraps and bats nicely, but leafy meat is the only really reliable food source for Wigfrids exploring the map in early game. Cooked, it gives a good a,pint of health.

Yeah, I know that aswell. But it's a lot of feeding etc. I just turned them all to eggs to get rotten ones I'll probably never use. Technically I could store the eggs and refresh them via birdcage several times to not waste any of them. But that's tedious and no one does that.
Nothing is better than just tons of dried jerky.

Well, raw honey is better but only if you can mass-harvest it with ease, which is not the case in Hamlet.

I used a bird to get eggs from leafy meat to make gunpowder for blowing up the mysterious cracks, but eventually I realised that I can open the cracks by mining alot of pillars so I don't use that tactic anymore :D

But leafy meat is really useful in early game and even better later to make alot of bacon and eggs when you have crock pots.

+ leafy meat was kinda useless in other dlc's and you could only get it from meaty bulbs so Im kinda happy that leafy meat is so abundant in hamlet since I actually like leafy meats concept for some reason. :D 

In my own worlds i used to have leafy meat farms with huge amounts of  meaty bulbs planted on top of rocky turf xd

Archived