Complete aporkalypse rework idea

So as of now many people think that aporkalypse lacks something/is weird/tedious.

I would post this in suggestions thread but i want more people to see this. 

So here are my ideas:

(this is the most important one) Make apporkalypse into an actual season. But instead of it having a set timer, make it random. For example every year the game would check for 2 numbers between 10-25 and 20-60. The 1st numer would be the length of Aporkalypse and the 2nd would be the ammount of days without the aporkalypse (other seasons). Aporkalypse clock would show you these stats- it could for example slowly start spinning(10 days before the aporkalypse) and then speed up as the aporkalypse is coming with the last day it emitting red light. Then when aporkalypse happens it's rings on the floor would show roman numbers (days of aporklaypse left)

Now for this to work some things would need to be changed a little bit so players can still somewhat play the game durring the aporkalypse.

-Ruins have 1-2 ghosts in them instead of 5

-Bat waves happen every 3 days 

-Iron hulks focus more about getting and merging together rather than killing and burining everything around them.

Here are some ideas about aporkalypse's ambiance and stuff

Spoiler

This guy's suggestion

-Give pogs differnet animations and sounds when they go rabid. Seeing a cute-looking pog bounce towards me feels weird. I'd rather have them go full rabies with their fur not looking so soft anymore and stuff like that.

-Allow BFB to spawn but it'll now try to kill us (either a new boss fight or simply crushing us with it's beak like it does with structures). Only way to  escape from it is to go to the jungle/pig city where it leaves us alone.

-Killing ancient herald resets pig ruins

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

Also- everyone feel free to share waht you think about this. I want to know if I'm the only one who wants apporkalypse to not be avoidable

I like the idea of Aporkalypse, I do not know if Aporkalypse has a limit without touching the calendar, because an uninformed player will never succeed to survive in Aporkalypse. The difficulty is extreme, I'm afraid it discourages many players.

I feel like aporkalypse could make even more changes to the world  such as some trees  becoming treeguards until the aporkalypse ends, random groups of werepigs roaming around, meteors falling etc.  At the cost of lowering the amounts of the current enemies. 

12 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

This is a rather stupid idea, but perhaps those cork trees could try to kill you somehow? They DO look like hands. Maybe other basic resources could become more dangerous to collect as well.

In this case, the cork only attacks when you are close

7 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Yeah, definitely.

Wait, what if they uprooted themselves, and chased you, with a similar body to a terrorbeak. 

Somebody stop me.

Personally i thought they'd actually be a little sapling with giant claw something like...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4dd0fab2a00b5b1e011c068b4242e858.png

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎12 at 4:05 PM, Szczuku said:

-Give pogs differnet animations and sounds when they go rabid. Seeing a cute-looking pog bounce towards me feels weird. I'd rather have them go full rabies with their fur not looking so soft anymore and stuff like that

image.png.4673a6c179926ddf36af08a158fe7ae2.png

Ok this is progress. I'd still like tchem to stop making cute sounds and bouncing

So as for now - generally the player is supposed to "turn off" the Aporkalypse. But where is the fun in that...

The Aporkalypse is also lame - it's just a monster spam fest. There are so many of them, that they push themselves towards you. At times you can't even kite (too many terror beaks, bats on screen & push).

Aporkalypse should be a regular season, with lowered enemy count --> but at the same time some twist to keep it interesting and challenging. This season/ event was so hyped (trailers). Why now make it, so that the most logical step is just to NOT play it? This is just sad...

And if it has to be like it is currently - then at least give us some unique reward/ loot - for those who choose to be brave and play it.

29 minutes ago, voyager156 said:

And if it has to be like it is currently - then at least give us some unique reward/ loot - for those who choose to be brave and play it.

This is currently early access and there is a literal pig manure ( pigs make a lot of poop ) ton of hidden animations and stuff.

Oooh, come on guys. I actually think Aporkalypse is easy. You have A LOT of time to prepare yourself for this. My first impression was that this was too hard, but right now, I have a clean game where I started from day 0. I created a lot of armors, weapons, structures, just to be ready for aporkalypse, and when it came, I was able to survive pretty well. I mean, you have 60 freaking days to be ready.  That's enough time. On RoG or SW you have less days to prepare for Dry Season or Winter. :?

I do agree that infinite bat weaves and the useless Ancient Herald it's actually annoying since it becomes repetitive after two days. But all the things that he/it does like the meteors, the frogs or the terror beaks are pretty cool since he/it is such a weak boss with only 2000 HP. If you avoid the monsters, they won't attack you, so you can still live as normal. That is a really BIG adventage. It's not like the bosses on the other DLC's. 

Obviosuly, Klei need to re-think the whole Aporkalypse since it's kind of "not a hell". I would actually make the first Aporkalypse unstopabble  and I would do really heavy changes in the world. For example, I would add earthquakes that could destroy structures and buildings (making the Shantay not a choice), meteor showers that could do the same, I would make the vegetables and fruit resources enter a phase where they can't be harvested (meaning you can only survive with the food you stored), I would extend the poison gas to other biomes, I would create some mobs (like the Guardian tree) that make the resources collecting dangerous,  and  finally, if you don't stop the aporkalypse on x days, the world is destroyed and you get a beautiful game over. 

All the stuff I listed would make you feel so desperate that you'd feel the need of ending this hell for the right reasons and not because you're annoyed for the infinite Heralds and bats. C'mon, is an apocalypse. The end of the world. You can't expect that to be easy.  And well, on this adventure, you receive a lot of treasures. That's clear I think. hahah

Even, one treasure that allows you to control all the aspects of the Aporkalypse. 

22 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

This is currently early access and there is a literal pig manure ( pigs make a lot of poop ) ton of hidden animations and stuff.

Yes, I know that this may change soon. But I wanted to describe my impressions - what it looks like today from my perspective.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:05 PM, Raspberry Milk said:

This is a rather stupid idea, but perhaps those cork trees could try to kill you somehow? They DO look like hands. Maybe other basic resources could become more dangerous to collect as well.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, Szczuku said:

Because grass attacking you is pretty out there, even for DS. However, I still think it's cool. Maybe it could grow tiny little hands, and like, slash at you. The more I say it the more I want it.

Oh, but while it doesn't attack you, in DST Grass does uproot itself to become Grass Geckos. Yes, the grass can run. And they're plotting something, I know it.

Also, new animations for Pog and BFB being hostile sounds rather neat.

Archived