Jump to content

Vampirebats and their sound design


Recommended Posts

Compare a were pig and vampire bat and you'll notice that the vampire bats sound like they have a pitch shifted version of the were pig sound.

 

that makes me think there's even more of a chance that vampire bats are more than what they seem to be. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mr.Hazard said:

hence why I said "that makes me think there's even more of a chance that vampire bats are more than what they seem to be"

Ah, that totally blew past me, my bad. But! While we're here, what do you suppose of this? I'm curious to hear other people ideas.

Spoiler

When I found "Pig Skin?" I totally thought Pigs would turn to Bat, but now it's confirmed they're immune to the curse (At least the were pig curse) and that there'd be Bat Waves everyday during Aporkalypse, I also think there's something baty going on here...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Ah, that totally blew past me, my bad. But! While we're here, what do you suppose of this? I'm curious to hear other people ideas.

  Reveal hidden contents

When I found "Pig Skin?" I totally thought Pigs would turn to Bat, but now it's confirmed they're immune to the curse (At least the were pig curse) and that there'd be Bat Waves everyday during Aporkalypse, I also think there's something baty going on here...

 

yeah, I left it a bit too ambiguous. my mistake. 

If there's some transformation involved, then maybe there's a lost tribe of pigs similar to the one in default DS with their own curse. there is an art asset that looks like a town flag with a shadow hand as the flagpole or something along those lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a thread on this:

pig_cityhall.png.2e1ef30ea5e7fdc3f67855f

Here's the gargoyles, so this might have been some history before the full transformation into a corrupted batilisk.

Here's the batilisk and the vampire bat:

latest?cb=20130520062606latest?cb=20181022140643

In contrast, the vampire is bigger and more pig like. The mouth resembles a pigman.

 

 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

In contrast, the vampire is bigger and more pig like. The mouth resembles a pigman.

Oh boy! Have you ever seen these 2 together? The Vampire Bats are bloody massive! I think the normal bats are like, half their size it's amazing how big they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2019 at 8:14 AM, minespatch said:

I did a thread on this:

pig_cityhall.png.2e1ef30ea5e7fdc3f67855f

Here's the gargoyles, so this might have been some history before the full transformation into a corrupted batilisk.

Here's the batilisk and the vampire bat:

latest?cb=20130520062606latest?cb=20181022140643

In contrast, the vampire is bigger and more pig like. The mouth resembles a pigman.

 

 
 

I wish you had included these pics in your thread... and elaborate a bit more cuz I think you are after something really cool here

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MWY said:

Vampire Pigs seems quite cool but I really wish there were Werepigs in Hamlet, 

EVERYONE would have expected and wanted them in a Pig Civilization based DLC.

it feels just like Clockodiles not being  made a thing in SW despite being sooo fitting.

I disagree... I thing werepigs would make the aporkalypse sorta redundant... and pig skin farming a total joke... I like that there is another method of pig skin farming in Hamlet completely independent and different from RoG. What i think happens it's like the Werepigs are fairytales for the Hamlet people but those nightmares became reality in another DS plane... or something

And I don't get your "I wanted them in a Pig Civilization DLC" comment cuz u can see them in depictions and statues... besides.. I hope that we will see something else in hamlet that is gonna expand on how pigs lost their civility an ended up to be the way they are in RoG and SW

I think their regression must have been something caused by a supernatural event we haven't seen yet... and something that hasn't happened yet in Hamlet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

I disagree... I thing wetepigs would make the aporkalypse sorta redundant... and pig skin farming a total joke... I like that there is another method of pig skin farming in Hamlet completely independent and different from RoG. What i think it's like the Werepigs are fairytales for the Hamlet people but those nightmares became reality in another DS plane... or something

Werepigs will make Aporkalypse more of a challenge compared to vampire bat hoards which are just nothing but hounds with bat AI

and Pig Skin isn't the important thing I'm talking about.

I'm talking about Werewolves from 17th/18th century colonialism periods as reference since Hamlet world is from that timeline.

Civilian Pigs turning into Civilian Werepigs with respective to what type of occupation the pig had.

if you have flowers/clippings, Shopekeep Werepig will aggro on you and attack you like werepigs do until you throw out the said items 

(which she will devour of course)

if you have rocks/flint miner werepigs will aggro on you

if you have grass/sapling farmer pig will aggro on you

and so forth

and Guard pigs of course becoming blood thirsty Armed Werepigs that will outright consider you as an enemy.

its the Bunnymen AI with different items to cause aggro.

and combine that with the fact that all pig shops, homes will remain open and you can still buy stuff from shops as werepigs still have some sense of civility left in them to restock goods and sell you said goods.

Trading will become completely a death call and you will have to find a way around it to survive.

(and transfer aggro causing items safely of course)

This greatly increases the challenge and makes the Pig Civilization more exciting to survive in during aporkalype rather then just shutin and become completely blocked off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MWY said:

Werepigs will make Aporkalypse more of a challenge compared to vampire bat hoards which are just nothing but hounds with bat AI

and Pig Skin isn't the important thing I'm talking about.

I'm talking about Werewolves from 17th/18th century colonialism periods as reference since Hamlet world is from that timeline.

Civilian Pigs turning into Civilian Werepigs with respective to what type of occupation the pig had.

if you have flowers/clippings, Shopekeep Werepig will aggro on you and attack you like werepigs do until you throw out the said items 

(which she will devour of course)

if you have rocks/flint miner werepigs will aggro on you

if you have grass/sapling farmer pig will aggro on you

and so forth

and Guard pigs of course becoming blood thirsty Armed Werepigs that will outright consider you as an enemy.

its the Bunnymen AI with different items to cause aggro.

and combine that with the fact that all pig shops, homes will remain open and you can still buy stuff from shops as werepigs still have some sense of civility left in them to restock goods and sell you said goods.

Trading will become completely a death call and you will have to find a way around it to survive.

(and transfer aggro causing items safely of course)

This greatly increases the challenge and makes the Pig Civilization more exciting to survive in during aporkalype rather then just shutin and become completely blocked off.

Werewolves date way back in time... from tales that date as far back as Greek mythology... just because colonialism is a theme in hamlet u can't assure their culture doesn't date far back in time... as our fairytales irl have a previous history.

Your idea about werewolves wasn't so elaborated so I didnt know what u had in mind before...

Tbh u have so many werepig triggering ideas that it would be a mess to know which pig is triggered but what cuz they coexist all kinda grouped up. 

As I said before I think we haven't seen the real cause of their regression so i guess we have to wait and see for more development.

I think their attitude to seek refuge in the aporkalypse makes the most sense overall and across the franchise cuz they are from nature afraid of the dark... 

Maybe the devs might change it in the future but from what I've seen they really don't want to relate werepigs directly to Hamlet pigs. I think another event is linked to that. Something we haven't seen yet. Btw.. turning hamlet pigs into werepigs is so literaly predictable I'm glad they went another direction.

This is still Early Access so i think we haven't seen all the bosses or events just yet. We will have to wait and see.

Maybe some moon related event is coming up or something 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

This is still Early Access so i think we haven't seen all the bosses or events just yet. We will have to wait and see.

Exactly, I'm only offering a suggestion and referencing the closest sensible thing there is (you don't need to go that far back ;) )

I do hope tho that there will be some interaction we can have with pigs during Aporkaplypse cause right now the event seems to be completely focused on the player rather then the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MWY said:

Exactly, I'm only offering a suggestion and referencing the closest sensible thing there is (you don't need to go that far back ;) )

I do hope tho that there will be some interaction we can have with pigs during Aporkaplypse cause right now the event seems to be completely focused on the player rather then the world.

But isn't the focus on the player something unpredictible? Something so different from other dlc experiences?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

But isn't the focus on the player something unpredictible? Something so different from other dlc experiences?

it is but it still lacks somewhat and needs something more exciting then just a perpetual boss spawn and fast hound(bat) attacks.

there is no aPORKalypse since no pork is present in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok now I have to kinda agree with both of you.

@MWY- I really like your idea of werepigs and that City needs something for it durring aporkalypse. Although Freya is right, that it'd be too hard to not get agroo.

@FreyaMaluk- I don't think that werepigs in Hamlet are a bad, predictible thing. I mean it's the same as if you said "Boats were so predictible thing in Sw I wish Klei had done something different"

I remember someone suggesting that pigs would turn into werepigs but stay inside and only come out when player gets close. Now I don't watch horrors or thrillers but it's pretty obvious that when someone is about to become the monster they try to hide themselves from their friends/main character/whatever. So it'd make sense for pigs to hide durring aporkalypse. Not only from fear, but to not hurt anybody.

So I support the idea of werepigs but they'd need to work differently from constant werepigs. Like maybe only guards turning into werepigs since they fight monsters and get a lot of opportunities to eat monster meat. 

I said it b4 and I'll say it again- I'd really like to see a massive (since Hamlet pigs are bigger than constant pigs) werepig in torn armor, carrying a halbert run on all 4s to the player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I said it b4 and I'll say it again- I'd really like to see a massive (since Hamlet pigs are bigger than constant pigs) werepig in torn armor, carrying a halbert run on all 4s to the player.

There must be something piggy in Aporkalypse, Werepiggy or Vampiggy I'll take any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MWY said:

There must be something piggy in Aporkalypse, Werepiggy or Vampiggy I'll take any.

actually vamps are supposed to come from pigs... so.. it's an aPORKalypse after all

1. they drop pig skin

2. they share similar face features with pigs... a point @minespatch was making earlier and I think she is on the right track with this assumption. 

45 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I mean it's the same as if you said "Boats were so predictible thing in Sw I wish Klei had done something different"

boats in SW aren't the same as Werepigs in Hamlet

You need boats to survive in SW

Werepigs would be an addition... there is already a system in place for pig skin drops

tbh I think people would stay in the aporkalypse and farm pig skin if the Hamlet pigs would turn into Werepigs for free.

Maybe conceptually has some logic (so predictible IMO)... but on a practical level, it would make farming pig skin in Hamlet so ez, which can break gameplay balance...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

tbh I think people would stay in the aporkalypse and farm pig skin if the Hamlet pigs would turn into Werepigs for free

You do realize that bats also can be used for pig skin farming?

Also I never said that these werepigs would have the same drops as normal werepigs.

17 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

boats in SW aren't the same as Werepigs in Hamlet

You need boats to survive in SW

Ok so different example "Fish-based creatures are so predictible..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I know you're joking but I'd love to see that happen. Especially since it resembles the gargoyles.

wow, your right, it never crossed my mind when I was photoshopping :wilson_curious:

bat like ears, wings, snout, Gargoyles!

I mean it perfectly makes sense when you combine Bats and Pigs = Gargoyles! 

Spoiler

GARGOYLES ARE THE WEREPIGS in HAMLET!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...