DrWickerbottom's Art Thread

8 hours ago, DrWickerbottom said:

I'm really feelin' the WilsonxWickerbottom love lately

Hmm... I see an affectionate grandma giving a loving kiss to her very embarrased (and hug-averse) grandson.
Usual awkward family shenanigans.

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Not much pair art? It looks like I have particular luck with Wickerwell and Wolfbottom/Wickergang... speaking of which, I'd dearly love to see her with either of the more mature gentlemen :).

22 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

What, there's canon pairings? :o 

Yes I do love those pairs, but for every 1 of those there are at least 100 of the 'canon pairs'. And when I say 'canon pairs', I mean Klei hinting at WillowxWilson, CharliexMaxwell, WigfridxWes, etc. Again nothing against them..! But I've never found more than 20 pairing pieces including miss old lady, so I decide to dedicate my DS work towards the unpopular. 

((( btw @Arlesienne, I'd love to draw more of that! ;)more mature made me laugh aha)

Edited by DrWickerbottom
  • Like 1

Guess who made Dr Wickerbottom on Sims4 !! this girl! The second photo is 4 out of my 8 current Wikis (left to right, Lillian, Shadow/Puppetmaster, Margaret, Dr Winnifred) They're up for download if you really want them xV Just thought I'd throw a few photos up here~

(Edit: I forgot to mention that I made them to get my mind off of elections because I'm freaking terrified )

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 9.49.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 9.38.22 PM.png

Edited by DrWickerbottom
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Not much pair art? It looks like I have particular luck with Wickerwell and Wolfbottom/Wickergang... speaking of which, I'd dearly love to see her with either of the more mature gentlemen :).

If I was gonna ship anyone with her, I'd probably go with Woodie (oh wait, he's got Lucy doesn't he? :/ )

6 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

What, there's canon pairings? :o 

Well I know Maxlie was probably one (Maxwell(William)/Charlie) and Woodie and Lucy is probably one as well. A lot of people like to speculate that Klei is hinting at Willowson (and maybe Wesfrid?), though aside from surviving together, I don't see anything that would imply shipping (aside from using the main two quite a lot).

Wendy and Webber are canonly best friends due to their in-game quotes :)

• Like 3

Spoiler

19 hours ago, DrWickerbottom said:

drwil.jpg

I really love this piece with Dr going in so feisty and passionately to kiss Wilson, while he tries his best to keep each of them up so the lovely kiss is not interrupted, is very beautiful.

(Sorry it took me forever to reply to this piece. D:)

Edited by GiddyGuy
  • Like 5

Well, I adore the style of the piece, and it reminds of a grandma/older aunt glomping her young...

...or Mistress Robinson.

Either way it's fun.

8 hours ago, DrWickerbottom said:

I mean... pairing isn't a science. There are multiverse ships, it doesn't all have to be in the same story, and it doesn't have to make sense... >v<

As a writer, I regretfully admit that's the state of things, although it should make sense - purely out of literary ethos.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

I really love this piece with Dr going in so feisty and passionately to kiss Wilson, while he tries his best to keep each of them up so the lovely kiss is not interrupted, is very beautiful.

THANK you dear. One of the first to not excuse the ship. Very sweet and kind words, I appreciate you not brushing off my intentions aha~

5 hours ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

that's adorable and nice

<3

@Arlesienne,Thanks hun! And I agree, it really should make sense in the story they exist in! Though there is creative freedom when you're writing your own or making a fan character based off canon. All of the art I've shown here has included my own Wickerbottom, not canon Wicker.

@those who keep imposing their own pairs or excusing my ships; Hahah I don't have the energy to fight over pairing logic guys. This is supposed to be fun and act as a stress-reliever, and if there's going to be fuss over the people I decide to pair together in my art then I'm gonna excuse myself from this site. I'm sorry but I've had enough of fighting for things

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DrWickerbottom said:

THANK you dear. One of the first to not excuse the ship. Very sweet and kind words, I appreciate you not brushing off my intentions aha~

<3

@Arlesienne,Thanks hun! And I agree, it really should make sense in the story they exist in! Though there is creative freedom when you're writing your own or making a fan character based off canon. All of the art I've shown here has included my own Wickerbottom, not canon Wicker.

@those who keep imposing their own pairs or excusing my ships; Hahah I don't have the energy to fight over pairing logic guys. This is supposed to be fun and act as a stress-reliever, and if there's going to be fuss over the people I decide to pair together in my art then I'm gonna excuse myself from this site. I'm sorry but I've had enough of fighting for things

it's everyone's opinion on who they wanna ship i'm just a wendy and webber shipper but again i don't judge other people's opinions

and that's a great piece of art 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DrWickerbottom said:

Though there is creative freedom when you're writing your own or making a fan character based off canon. All of the art I've shown here has included my own Wickerbottom, not canon Wicker.

Not canon Wicker? Damn, she felt so in-character... My bad.

As a writer, any ship works for me if it's consensual, between adults, and I'm not getting hatemail if I don't follow it (bad experiences as you can see). Creative freedom is not as much a privilege as a requirement in order to create any sort of literary relationships. How are you going to think up anything new without it?

Personally, I reside in the middle when it comes to DST pairings. I'm the old auntie good-humouredly waving to all these hypothetical pairings while not declaring anything. I deal in philia and storge, and agape, not eros, so I can think up various friendly and familial loves while being undeclared on romance. I don't agree with hateships and situations when a character declared adult (let's face it, that's Wilson) is showing romantic interest in a minor, but that doesn't sound too extreme, does it? In the same way, I see the friendship between Webber and Wendy (gee, Webber and ANYONE!), but they're too young for romance. Does it still count as a ship? I love when Wickerbottom is showing that not only youngsters can love, and hence I'll prone to supporting any combination with her.

(Also, @GiddyGuy. My favourite Wicker. Don't tell him.)

In the same way, I'm a fan of Wolfgang, so I tend to root for him. My headcanon involves him not being a simpleton, but just not having English as his primary language, hence a limited command of it. Really, when the two met, one of the very limited group of people in New York speaking German and French, so capable of raving about theatre and history, it was a matter of time for me to go "aww".

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DrWickerbottom said:

I'm sorry! Plsdunhateme! 0_0

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'm sorry! Plsdunhateme! 0_0

Oh hun no it's okay ! Ahhh sorry I was on edge because of elections. Just touchy and sick of people telling me how to be ya know, it's not you I don't mean to be rude and I don't like telling people what to do; just remember to let the art speak for itself and respect ships ♥ :)

• Like 4

A few free sketches I did for some of my followers on Dr's tumblr! It features drawings of William Carter (and rabbits), human/child WX, Woodie + a tumblr's version of Lucy, and Valerie VonJetta (Dr's daughter, my fiancee's muse). I'm sure I'll do another free round for my followers in the near future to cheer everyone up. ;u; 

Here's the post on tumblr if you're interested! All of the blogs included are listed in the description~ 

sketches1.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Does child wx wear that tinpot to protect him from thunderstorms and other debris?

Hehe! I have no idea, it's someone else's character design (I think?) ;P I think it just makes him feel more at home!

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Everyone seems so sparkly.:wilson_ecstatic:

Sparkly is the way of life don'tchya' know :v 

• Like 2