TheTraditionalGentleman's Art Thread (DST Edition)

I don't have nearly as much time to draw as I used to, but I thought I might start another thread for when I do draw the occasional picture. To kick it off (for this is the DST edition) here's my latest drawing: The Hunt.

The Hunt.jpg

I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. The only thing that bothers me is how different Woodie looks from the other two. I was aiming for the actual Don't Starve look, rather than a more realistic one, and yet Woodie looks more in line with the character portraits, whereas the other two look more like the in-game versions. Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Now the real question is, Koalefant, Warg or Ewecus?

You can encounter Ewecus as well?! I thought it was just Warg and Koalaphant 0_0

5 hours ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Woodie looks more in line with the character portraits, whereas the other two look more like the in-game versions.

It all looks fine to me. You replicated the DS style well with Wilson and Maxwell and Woodie looks fine either way imo :)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

You can encounter Ewecus as well?! I thought it was just Warg and Koalaphant 0_0

It all looks fine to me. You replicated the DS style well with Wilson and Maxwell and Woodie looks fine either way imo :)

Yeah, the Ewecus is just pretty rare, especially in early game. And thank you! I'm glad you like it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but the characters look on-model but it's your vision. I hate using the theory of "death of the author" if the artist/author is still alive.

Looking forward to whatever else you're posting. You got a gift.

Well thank you. I'm going to try to do more drawings (working on making time for it), and when I do I'll be posting them here :) 

• Like 1

Oh, let's hope it's not Ewecus. My sis and I tried to fight her (after I stupidly attempted to solo her), and it turned out a mess.

It looks awesome! I love how Maxwell has the beefalo with him. It's a guys' day out! I love the idea of them being best buds and manly bros and whatnot! Me and my sister always joke about that when we play as Woodie and Wilson. (And Lucy.)

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 3