PS4 Beta Signup!

beta-reg-ps4.jpg

At long last, Don't Starve Together for PS4 is ready to test! But to help us get this game onto everyone's consoles as soon as possible, we need your help!

Before you get too excited though, a few things to note:

• This is a limited time beta - Beta servers will be shut down when the beta ends in about 6 weeks, and the beta client will no longer be playable. That means you shouldn't sign up if you're not ready to play right away or willing to lose your progress.
  • We have a limited number of beta spots, so please make sure you'll actually be available to test during this window.
  • Once signed up you will receive an email to confirm your registration. A randomized selection of active players will be chosen and notified next week if they have been chosen.

To sign up, head over here: https://ps4beta.kleientertainment.com

I have a few questions:

-I don't have PS4 sadly, but do players need a Playstation Plus (or Xbox Live when the time comes) subscription to play with friends?

-Will there be a beta test like this for Xbox One when the time comes?

-Is the accomploshrine still in the console version?

-Is there/ Will there be mod support for PS4/XB1 versions like with Fallout 4?

-Is there going to be any changes between PC and Console?

-Can players still make dedicated worlds, or will the Klei servers be the only ones?

-Can skins be traded between friends somehow?

-Will the console version be side-by-side with the PC updates-wise? Or will it be like Minecraft and be like a month+ behind?

-Do beta testers get to keep the game/get a discount?

-Do owners of the Giant Edition for console get a discount?

-etc, etc...

Also, I declare there be an accomploshrine loyal skin for beta testers!

(crap, I forgot a gif, hold up)

woo.gif

• Developer
55 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

-I don't have PS4 sadly, but do players need a Playstation Plus (or Xbox Live when the time comes) subscription to play with friends?

You can do splitscreen couch-coop without PS Plus, but online play follows the regular rules.

-Will there be a beta test like this for Xbox One when the time comes?

We'll see when the time comes!

-Is the accomploshrine still in the console version?

Nope, but there will be trophies.

-Is there/ Will there be mod support for PS4/XB1 versions like with Fallout 4?

No, definitely not at this time.

-Is there going to be any changes between PC and Console?

No major changes, though the controller layout is a little different.

-Can players still make dedicated worlds, or will the Klei servers be the only ones?

Player hosted worlds are supported, for dedicated servers you'll have to stay tuned.

-Can skins be traded between friends somehow?

We're working on a solution to this but there won't be anything at launch.

-etc, etc...

Yes, but only one cetera at launch, the other will come in a patch. :)

22 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

-Will the console version be side-by-side with the PC updates-wise? Or will it be like Minecraft and be like a month+ behind?

@nome I added a few others :p 

(But seriously!? One cetera?! I feel cheated out of my money...) 

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Nope to both.

We'll have details on pricing with the launch announcement.

As you've probably noticed, we sometimes do several releases in a single afternoon on steam. That kind of turnaround isn't really possible with consoles, so there will be some degree of lag. We'll try to keep it as short as we can.

(But seriously!? One cetera?! I feel cheated out of my money...) 

I'm very sorry to hear this. If you would like a refund of the money you didn't pay for the product we haven't released yet on the console you don't own due to the lack of sufficient imaginary joke features, just reach out to support.

6 minutes ago, nome said:

I'm very sorry to hear this. If you would like a refund of the money you didn't pay for the product we haven't released yet on the console you don't own due to the lack of sufficient imaginary joke features, just reach out to support.

Cheeky.

I have a question,

im a HUGE Dont Starve Fan but only on Ps4. I play it a lot, watch much DS Streams and are active in the DS Wiki, But i dont have DST on Steam and i have only RoG Ps4 expirience. Is it a problem? Or can i still be a beta tester without any expirience on Steam=

39 minutes ago, Pasedon said:

I have a question,

im a HUGE Dont Starve Fan but only on Ps4. I play it a lot, watch much DS Streams and are active in the DS Wiki, But i dont have DST on Steam and i have only RoG Ps4 expirience. Is it a problem? Or can i still be a beta tester without any expirience on Steam=

Pretty sure you just need to be experienced, no steam hours required.

26 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

Sweet, now I have a reason to play PS4 again. 

Anyone who wants to play on release, add me on PS4! PSN is SuperPsiPower.

T_T Can't wait for the Xbox testing...

We are specifically looking for people experienced with playing Don't Starve Together. Since Don't Starve Together is currently only available on steam, this means you must own Don't Starve Together on Steam to participate. 

We are only imposing this limitation because we need to be sure that we have enough information for the short period we will be in beta. 

11 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We are specifically looking for people experienced with playing Don't Starve Together. Since Don't Starve Together is currently only available on steam, this means you must own Don't Starve Together on Steam to participate. 

We are only imposing this limitation because we need to be sure that we have enough information for the short period we will be in beta. 

Any idea when we should expect to check emails? Or will it be random like early PC closed beta?

• Developer
5 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

Any idea when we should expect to check emails? Or will it be random like early PC closed beta?

Probably quite early next week, but you guys know what my estimates have been like in the past so if it's a little later I hope nobody will be too shocked. I'm definitely aiming for early next week at this time. The short timeframe means we won't be doing the same kind of rollout we did with DST for Steam.

6 minutes ago, nome said:

Probably quite early next week, but you guys know what my estimates have been like in the past so if it's a little later I hope nobody will be too shocked. I'm definitely aiming for early next week at this time. The short timeframe means we won't be doing the same kind of rollout we did with DST for Steam.

As long as there is a potato cup skin by the end of the beta, ill be happy :)

• Developer
6 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

As long as there is a potato cup skin by the end of the beta, ill be happy :)

For some odd reason I haven't been able to get @JoeW on board with that idea yet, but I'll keep at it. :) 

10 minutes ago, bubben16 said:

I might be addicted to skins...

I handmade a skins wiki on the forums showcasing every skin, I think I might be more addicted to skins.

But yeah, maybe there can be a Loyal tier Blue T-Shirt that has the PS4 logo? Maybe Green with the Xbox logo for when that happens?

For people who don't know the logos:

Spoiler

Xbox One Logo.pngPS4 Logo.jpg

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

Once signed up you will receive an email to confirm your registration. A randomized selection of active players will be chosen and notified next week if they have been chosen.

i did not get a email to confirm registation or you mean my psn email account or steam email

Archived