Ellilea

New paintings and sculptures for artistically inclined Duplies :D

Ellilea    126
Posted (edited)

@Denisetwin

I have Son of a Man next on my painting to-do actually :) The muckroot is just asking for it.

Great statue ideas! I'll certainly use some when I get to them :D Might post one soon!

@watermelen671

I did not think you were joking for one second :D There was an exposition with a white plastic toilet. The gold one is a solid improvement. Also one recent modern art exposition had been thrown out by a cleaning lady cause she legitimately thought it was garbage left by some messy visitor.

Edited by Ellilea
  • Like 1

Ellilea    126

All right guys, a lore question of an utmost importance: do (male) duplicants have nipples?

• Haha 2

Kabrute    851

duplicants don't remove clothing so to be honest we don't know if the dupes are really male or female beyond hair eyes and their status as such.....

::speaking for far to many people with that we::

Oozinator    992
1 hour ago, Ellilea said:

All right guys, a lore question of an utmost importance: do (male) duplicants have nipples?

Ask in the "gender X" thread!
When males have nipples, should females not have some too?
About fairness!
nipp.jpg.a3354f2d2c8c1e8599f407aa35575e1d.jpg

• Like 1

Kabrute    851

Maybe clothe him with belt and neckline? don't have to fully flesh out clothing just hint at it.

Ellilea    126
1 minute ago, Kabrute said:

Maybe clothe him with belt and neckline? don't have to fully flesh out clothing just hint at it.

But but, that wouldn't be authentic anymore! :wilson_shocked:

• Haha 2

Kabrute    851

the reason ancient roman athletic sculptures were nude was, afaik, because the athletes were nude during competition.  Since the dupes don't get nude it doesn't make sense to strip them.

in my opinion

Ellilea    126
Posted (edited)

Y3mEN2K.png more anatomically correct :rolleyes: Maybe that's the way to go. I'll have to munch on it.
As for clothes/lack of clothing, since I'm going for parodies of the original artworks, I don't want to change it entirely. I mean, it's quite iconic for these sculptures to be naked. If I do the SoL I will keep the original dress too, not a jumpsuit ;)

Edited by Ellilea
  • Haha 2

Ellilea    126

I actually made that sculpture "redo" joke cause I realized that the in-game sculpture isn't actually a lady in a long dress, but a small dupe on a balcony.

Unless I realized wrong :shock:

Anyway, a while back I messaged Klei asking if they want to use these paintings in the game or in the Early Access version so that we can already have some variety in base art, but they said they can't due to lack of an infrastructure for including fan-made things :<

I'd just sell these to them for 10 cents total so that it can be a commission, but I didn't wanna be a dummy saying dumb things :D Maybe they just didn't like them and didn't want to tell me.

So with that being said, let me know if someone finds a way to mod the game so that I can make a mini mod out of them :)

I am currently dealing with some IRL stuff so I'm not drawing more of these. But if someone helped me make mods, we could also add wall textures based on materials (I'd make some proper tiled textures for that). Like this, just proper new textures that made sense in floors/walls :p

watermelen671    3,677
10 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Anyway, a while back I messaged Klei asking if they want to use these paintings in the game or in the Early Access version so that we can already have some variety in base art, but they said they can't due to lack of an infrastructure for including fan-made things :<

I'd just sell these to them for 10 cents total so that it can be a commission, but I didn't wanna be a dummy saying dumb things :D Maybe they just didn't like them and didn't want to tell me.

There's a reason why they can't. And I can sum it up with 1 GIF:

ezgif.com-add-text_1.gif

Too much of a legal hassle.

Ellilea    126
13 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

There's a reason why they can't.

Too much of a legal hassle.

I'm not entirely sure. It's a common practice to hire people for commissions, isn't it? But that's not for fan-made content, per se, obviously. Normally you just sign a contact and it's done. But they did mention that it wouldn't be fair to include one person's stuff, and not everyone's. I can see how that's a complicated thing and not something they want to deal with.

I just wanted to make some placeholders for now, but if everyone started sending them all kinds of placeholders... yep, that could get messy real quick :9

Edited by Ellilea

DragonMage156    20,088

HOLY PUFT HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS THREAD?!? 0_0 FOR THREE PAGES NO LESS!!

The paintings and the sculptures are really nice looking. I wish they could be added to the game ^_^