Winona confirmed perks

1 minute ago, Ajosen said:

Maxwells great for fast resource gathering. He's the best I'd say. But let's say you want to craft a massive amount of cut grass for armour, drying racks, weapons for 6 people in a server. Wiona would be able to half the time it takes to do that. So that is quite useful and also unique to her 

That's not a bad point. 

It still doesn't feel like enough. Perhaps it would it be better if Winona could craft things using less resources. 

3 minutes ago, landromat said:

She looks weak and boring for my opinion, but maybe she has some hidden mechanics. needs testing

That remains to be seen for when Klei actually decides to release her for the PC. Could be today, could be a month from now.

Because apparently they want to start a trend of developers arbitrary leaving their consumer basis completely uninformed about everything so that they can cause false hype, needless chaos and confusion.

7 minutes ago, The Curator said:

I main Willow for a reason.

The point is, Winona is a massively teased character who is the first the game has seen in a long time and the first one to be released exclusive to Don't Starve Together; and she's literally just a slightly better Wilson so far. As unfortunate as it is that her perks don't measure up to the meta, the bigger problem is that her perks are downright uncreative and barely usable in general. The sewing kit already exists, and usually only new players are at risk from Charlie.

This is more of a reminder that people have different reasons for condemning something then you.

Firstly she was officially teased since the beginning of this month. And secondly you can get as hyped up about anything as you want and for you this is disappointing but for someone else this is exciting. That's not klei fault.

And I never disagreed that this is disappointing to some people. But i though it was a little silly that you and some others having only seen her perks recently and not having even played as her to be denouncing her repeatedly. 

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Getting hit less depends on your kiting. Killing something faster saves the time you spend kiting. As I've said, it's saving time for combat. If you're good at kiting then it isn't an issue. Getting more efficient weapon use is alright but if you're using a hambat no problem, and well sanity aura can be annoying but sanity isn't hard to get back.

Seeing my point yet? Combat time matters very little to me. That's just how I play. Deal with it. People value a characters worth based on different things. Deal with it.

And what I'm telling you is your position is objectively wrong because you'll never save as much time building with Winona as you will fighting with Wolfgang (to say nothing about his speed boost which also massively overtakes any time savings you'd have with Winona).  I'm also done responding to you because I could argue your side better so this is a waste of my time and effort.  Not to mention boring and unpleasant.

2 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

Maxwells great for fast resource gathering. He's the best I'd say. But let's say you want to craft a massive amount of cut grass for armour, drying racks, weapons for 6 people in a server. Wiona would be able to half the time it takes to do that. So that is quite useful and also unique to her 

First off, lol at "massive amount of cut grass for armor" and double lol at thinking Winona would be significantly faster than Wilson.

She wouldn't outproduce Wicker and especially not Maxwell who can level a forest 4x normal speed with his shadow clones.

Just now, Ajosen said:

Firstly she was officially teased since the beginning of this month. And secondly you can get as hyped up about anything as you want and for you this is disappointing but for someone else this is exciting. That's not klei fault.

And I never disagreed that this is disappointing to some characters. But i though it was a little silly that you and some others having only seen her perks recently and not having even played as her to be denouncing her repeatedly. 

Where are these phantom community members excited for this character, you seem to be advocating for a theoretical minority.

Most if not all the people here are blatantly disappointed by how clearly uncreative Winona appears to be, or they're being desperately hopeful that there's something more.

Just now, The Curator said:

Where are these phantom community members excited for this character, you seem to be advocating for a theoretical minority.

Most if not all the people here are blatantly disappointed by how clearly uncreative Winona appears to be, or they're being desperately hopeful that there's something more.

You seem to think that this forum holds all of the people who play this game. And also that people are going to bother replying/comment to someone here. So far I'd say the very vocal minority of people who are commenting negatively about this character do not represent the majority of what people who play this game think. This is obvious. 

Honestly the thing that I find disappointing is that the description deso not match how the character is in game, I expected the character to have one weakness but one undeniable strength, it could have been health or sanity, maybe some sanity resistance considering she has an "indomitable spirit", I feel like if you are going to describe something as being something at least make the character's stats match the actual description one way oo another, it did not even need to be anything significant

Whoever I do like that she can build structures faster and that she has the mending tape, she hads another potential variable to the group, so more choices and they can still expand her lore or maybe other changes to her that make her more unique

Just now, Toros said:

And what I'm telling you is your position is objectively wrong because you'll never save as much time building with Winona as you will fighting with Wolfgang (to say nothing about his speed boost which also massively overtakes any time savings you'd have with Winona).  I'm also done responding to you because I could argue your side better so this is a waste of my time and effort.  Not to mention boring and unpleasant.

You seem to have warped your own convuluted thoughts of supremacy onto me. My claim isn't that she's saving more time then Wolfgang.

My claim is people value different things in a character.

That's my opinion. If that opinion is invalid to you then that's fine. That's your own opinion.

Though worming your way out of a conversation merely because you can't hold your position or neglect realzing the other persons' isn't a show of strength. It's being stubborn.

Just now, Ajosen said:

You seem to think that this forum holds all of the people who play this game. And also that people are going to bother replying/comment to someone here. So far I'd say the very vocal minority of people who are commenting negatively about this character do not represent the majority of what people who play this game think. This is obvious. 

And you are again still advocating for a theoretical group of people that hasn't actually weighed in, so you're speaking for something that doesn't exist yet. At least on my side, the people are actually real. And considering how widespread the standing on this character is at the moment, it's obvious to assume the rest of the community likely won't differ unless they're some kind of different sub-species of humans who fundamentally think differently.

26 minutes ago, Toros said:

If you're joking please make it more obvious because some people here have no ability to figure out that crafting things out of combat with no time pressure is less valuable than dealing double damage.

27 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

Winona could be great for the mom players, the ones that craft and cook and take care of the base when everyone else is out. I will probably use her, as I like being the mom of the base.

She's strenght could be building bigger bases and megabases. Crafting tons of boards, ropes etc. takes quite a lot time. Especially since I read time is so valuable that making farms, mining ice, sleeping in a tent and such things are a waste of precious time...

6 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Also, I feel like the only time the crafting things quicker would be useful. Is when you get hit by darkness, and you realise you don't have a torch, so panic to craft one really quickly.

But that's completely pointless tho, because she gets one free hit from Charlie :/

It's also great for less experienced players if they find themselves in a sudden situation. If night falls, your armor breaks or there is a surprice hound wave. 

At the end of the day it seems people wanted something previously unseen and flashy. Blowing everything else out of the water and redefining the way we play the game altogether.

I'm not sure how that could be done. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on improvements either. Just bickering about things we've only seen and have yet to experience. I think brainstorming improvements would be more beneficial.

Not saying there hasn't been any, but we can benefit from more.

3 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

I think we are still missing something, we haven't gotten a weakness yet; that could mean there are more strengths to be added.

Wilson doesn't have any negative perks either, because his positive perk is not considered powerful enough to warrant a weakness.

It's possible they employed the same logic with Winona, which currently makes sense.

Oh boy, what in the world did I wake up too... anyway I find it very odd Klei decided to give her Wilson stats, I personally thought she would have something more in the lines of this:

Health: 175 (it's the same as Webber, but being a bit of a strong women the extra health makes sense to me)

Sanity: 200

Hunger: 130 (being handywomen, working a lot can work up quite a hunger)

Of course these stat ideas is just something I thought off the top of my head, I just find it kind of odd that they didn't give her anything interesting stat wise. 

One thing I wonder is that what is the "cooldown" on the "getting 1 free hit from Charlie" bit, is it really a one time use until you die or something else?

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

And you are again still advocating for a theoretical group of people that hasn't actually weighed in, so you're speaking for something that doesn't exist yet. At least on my side, the people are actually real. And considering how widespread the standing on this character is at the moment, it's obvious to assume the rest of the community likely won't differ unless they're some kind of different sub-species of humans who fundamentally think differently.

I feel like I'm stating the obvious again and again. This forum doesn't contain evey person who plays don't starve together. You and a few others are very vocal about your opinions in a character in a video game. What I'm saying is that it is wrong to assume that everyone will be as pesemistic and as unhappy as you. Also "widespread the standing is" you haven't even played a game as Winona or heard anyone's opinion of playing as her.

Archived