How do you not fear giants when you have a huge base?

I just wanted to know. I've seen a lot of streamers that have a huge base and I've always wondered "Aren't they scared that a Bearger could spawn in the middle of the base and destroy everything?". Or what if you are in a cave and then suddently when you came back up there's nothing there anymore. Just wondering.

I have a huge base and my only worry is the deerclops but I have a special place to face it. When Deerclops do the "I'm Coming" sound :) i just run to the place where I face it. And Beager once they spawn It didn't despawn so I just let It in the mosaic biome to crush boulders for me.

What about Goose Goose? Ive had 2 of them spawn on the edge of base before. Forcing me to stay away from that area to prevent them from jumping around destroying stuff. But I could only imagine if my base was larger they would've been inside it... Or does the game prevent spawning within a certain distance from human made structures?

2 minutes ago, Mafiabrett said:

What about Goose Goose? Ive had 2 of them spawn on the edge of base before. Forcing me to stay away from that area to prevent them from jumping around destroying stuff. But I could only imagine if my base was larger they would've been inside it... Or does the game prevent spawning within a certain distance from human made structures?

Goose/Goose have certain spawn points (the nests) where they can spawn with a given chance. They don't destroy any structures except walls, so you're base is safe. Even the moslings don't destroy, they just eat up everything you left on the ground/crockpot/farms...

7 hours ago, Mafiabrett said:

That is what I do about Goose/Goose. 

moose.png

The giants don't spawn on the surface if you're in the caves. To clarify:

Bearger and Deerclops spawn near the player, not the base. Run from the base when the moaning or roaring sound starts, or better yet jump through a wormhole.

Goose Goose spawns on nesting spots. Don't want the Goose or its %#^£ thieving moslings near your base? Then don't build your base near a nesting spot. There are several nest spots on the map and not all of them get a Goose every spring, but eventually the Goose will spawn next to your base if your base is near a nesting spot.

I don't fear them because I always prepare.  Sure they may seem scary, but my armor and spear (tentacle spikes if I can) makes them no match for me.  Just have a marble suit, or 3 log suits to handle Deerclops.  Berger needs traps to work because I hate how he puts people to sleep.  Go to the desert area and start killing a bunch of hounds to get their teeth for traps.

Giants aren't much of a problem. All you have to do is run away as far away from the base as you can when they spawn (or when antlion starts making warnings), then either fight or make them do chores for you (the Bearger is pretty good at chopping trees). Sometimes you can let Deerclops clear out spider dens for you, or make bearger clear out a forest and spawn Treeguards.

Traps aren't necessary for Bearger, and you might come to regret knocking down the hound mounds to get enough teeth for traps before the second Autumn. Also, he does not yawn in either autumn or summer, so if you kill him before winter, yawning is not an issue. Once he's asleep, however, you can just leave him until summer or autumn. Getting him to harvest wood until he spawns treeguards who then kill him is the smartest method, but just kiting him works too. Whatever you do, run away from the base when you hear him roaring. The sound starts low at first, so do not play with the pc's sound turned down.

All of that. Bearger's actually the easiest boss in my opinion. Dark sword and kite; his pound attack only does wide area destruction, the damage range is the same as a normal swipe attack.

If you're not comfortable with fighting either of the mobile bosses/don't feel like it, though...
Learn how mob aggro works, get a walking cane, and make Dragonfly attack it. Dfly will kill it, then you bait Dfly out far enough that it despawns, run back, and gather the free drops. Heck, most of the time nothing even burns, when I do it.

Archived