Stopping Tree Regrowth?

1. If I place hard turfs in an area, remove the trees, wait until regrowth fails, then change back to a soft turf, will the trees regrow in that area?
  2. If I remove trees, place structures in the area, wait until regrowth fails, then break the structures, will the trees regrow in that area?
  3. Does regrowth at first attempt to place the tree in its original spot?
  4. Is a one-turf's distance perimeter of hard turf enough to contain trees trying to do offspring regrowth?

5 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Does regrowth happen on player-crafted turfs?  Like, if I floor up an area and leave it floored up it won't regrow, right?

Player-crafted turfs are hard turfs. Regrowth doesn't happen on them until you change them back to a soft turfs.

17 hours ago, ThemInspectors said:

I can dig out a command to disable (All) world regrowth on existing worlds, if you want.

It's okay. I don't mind regrowth that much except for offspring spreading into other biomes (I think you need a 2-hard-turfs distance to stop it).

I just wanted to make a clear area in a forest for resource farms without swapping turf all the time. It doesn't seem to be worth the effort and better to do in open areas.

Archived