Is there a way to have the world be one biome?

Hi,

Actually It is possible. You can to modify worldgen script (path: Game_Folder/data\scripts\map\tasksets\forest.lua)

tasks = { //Required biomes
			"Make a pick",
			"Dig that rock",
			"Great Plains",
			"Squeltch",
			"Beeeees!",
			"Speak to the king",
			"Forest hunters", 
			"Badlands", // THis is Desert
			"For a nice walk", 
			"Lightning Bluff", //This is desert with Antlion
		},
		numoptionaltasks = 5,
		optionaltasks = {
			"Befriend the pigs",
			"Kill the spiders",
			"Killer bees!",
			"Make a Beehat",
			"The hunters",
			"Magic meadow",
			"Frogs and bugs",
			"Mole Colony Deciduous",
			"Mole Colony Rocks",
			"MooseBreedingTask",
		},

Just remove biomes you don't need from the list. Also set numoptionaltasks to null. And change 

valid_start_tasks = {
"Make a pick",
},

To "Badlands" (starting area.).

One more thing: you have to modify set_pieces array: Where touchstones spans, wormholes and caves. (or maybe not, not sure). 

Maybe it sounds hard to do, so if you can do it with mods - use them instead. My answer - just alternative.

10 hours ago, Apchi said:

Hi,

Actually It is possible. You can to modify worldgen script (path: Game_Folder/data\scripts\map\tasksets\forest.lua)

tasks = { //Required biomes
			"Make a pick",
			"Dig that rock",
			"Great Plains",
			"Squeltch",
			"Beeeees!",
			"Speak to the king",
			"Forest hunters", 
			"Badlands", // THis is Desert
			"For a nice walk", 
			"Lightning Bluff", //This is desert with Antlion
		},
		numoptionaltasks = 5,
		optionaltasks = {
			"Befriend the pigs",
			"Kill the spiders",
			"Killer bees!",
			"Make a Beehat",
			"The hunters",
			"Magic meadow",
			"Frogs and bugs",
			"Mole Colony Deciduous",
			"Mole Colony Rocks",
			"MooseBreedingTask",
		},

Just remove biomes you don't need from the list. Also set numoptionaltasks to null. And change 

valid_start_tasks = {
"Make a pick",
},

To "Badlands" (starting area.).

One more thing: you have to modify set_pieces array: Where touchstones spans, wormholes and caves. (or maybe not, not sure). 

Maybe it sounds hard to do, so if you can do it with mods - use them instead. My answer - just alternative.

for one that is unreliable, breaking on update or re-install and it is time-consuming.
@TheKingofSquirrels If you want I could make a mod for you.

EDIT: I started on the mod a bit, if anyone wants to check it out it's on github here:

4 hours ago, ThemInspectors said:

If you want I could make a mod for you.

I would love you forever if you could make a mod like this. Being able to choose how many of one biome spawns, so like 3 oasis deserts, or just the whole world a desert. I love deserts. Being able to increase or decrease biome counts would be amazing though.

6 hours ago, Cherryzion said:

I would love you forever if you could make a mod like this. Being able to choose how many of one biome spawns, so like 3 oasis deserts, or just the whole world a desert. I love deserts. Being able to increase or decrease biome counts would be amazing though.

that would be whole new level of multilayered servers - whole land of rocks, desert and savanna (could be even better with no winter) and another world is rest of biomes

13 hours ago, ThemInspectors said:

for one that is unreliable, breaking on update or re-install and it is time-consuming.
@TheKingofSquirrels If you want I could make a mod for you.

EDIT: I started on the mod a bit, if anyone wants to check it out it's on github here:

Oh awesome!

I still want the structures though from the Desert. So like the Dragonfly and the Oasis. Is that possible?

Alright I the mod works enough... I haven't tested it too much so feel free to give me feedback and fixes, 2 oasises spawn, the antlion-desert one and an other one that was there until it was removed. I'll be updating the mod quite a few times before posting it on the workshop, for example it spawns forests and plains which shouldn't be allowed, the alternative desert spawns wayyyy too many ponds, Fixes, ect, ect. I wouldn't use the current version for anything but testing. It's available on github here.

17 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

If you could do that, then that would be incredible.

I love the idea of having to find an Oasis, the only habitable area in the world, in a huge desert world.

What about a killer bee plains world? Gives a whole new meaning to bearger AND Abigail 

48 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Gives a whole new meaning to bearger AND Abigail 

i really like how it's literally 0 damage for abby and the idea of using bosses to clean locations, but those badbee fields can be done with no effort with 1-2 spears (i think it's their ai that could use a little work)

2 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

i really like how it's literally 0 damage for abby and the idea of using bosses to clean locations, but those badbee fields can be done with no effort with 1-2 spears (i think it's their ai that could use a little work)

So it's just me that sucks at kiting bees ;-;

Alright I the mod works enough... I haven't tested it too much so feel free to give me feedback and fixes, 2 oasises spawn, the antlion-desert one and an other one that was there until it was removed. I'll be updating the mod quite a few times before posting it on the workshop, for example it spawns forests and plains which shouldn't be allowed, the alternative desert spawns wayyyy too many ponds, Fixes, ect, ect. I wouldn't use the current version for anything but testing. It's available on github here.

Ignore this. I didn't read thoroughly.

Great work btw, can´t wait to test it.

2 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Could you upload to Steam? I have no idea how install it manually. 

not to be mean but he said he wanted to have it be tested quite a few times before he does

I'll be updating the mod quite a few times before posting it on the workshop,

4 hours ago, Spaartan said:

So it's just me that sucks at kiting bees ;-;

Tbh killing a KB nest is excruciating in the early game w/out abigail, they always respawn in their hive super fast so you can't deal with the hive. On a side note i'm planning on making a magic/moon and bee oasis, so you can do those raid bosses/events.

Just want to thanks you for your work. It's not the kind of mod i use, but it's always amazing when someone does an entire mod for someone else like you did.

Edit : also maybe it's stupid question but looking at the modworldgenmain.lua file on the github, there are KEYS.TEIR4 and KEYS.TEIR2 for some keygiven, is it a mistake or some custom code ? 

30 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Just want to thanks you for your work. It's not the kind of mod i use, but it's always amazing when someone does an entire mod for someone else like you did.

Edit : also maybe it's stupid question but looking at the modworldgenmain.lua file on the github, there are KEYS.TEIR4 and KEYS.TEIR2 for some keygiven, is it a mistake or some custom code ? 

I was having a bit of issues with disconnected Tiles so i sort of decided maybe i should link up the keys, ultimately in the end it didn't matter, I was toying with the idea and may use it later.

Archived