Is there a way to have the world be one biome?

1 hour ago, Alarsin said:

Man, that's incredible! Everything is quite perfect, but it'd be great to add some touchstones to the world, because it's pretty hard to survive in a desert without goggles.

P.S. 

Found a bug:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 6.30.14 PM.png

yeah. heh, I haven't found a solution or a cause of it /: I did investigate it, it doesn't have any huge impact.

I'll add some wormholes and touch stones in the next version, maybe some more oasises too. And hopefully find the cause and solution to it.

A Don't Starve Together mod that enhances Deserts.
choosing the preset "Desert-Only" will spawn you in a grassland with a nearby desert.
The Desert will contain the following:

On the mod page. So i guess you need to choose this to enable the mod.

Ok, so I couldn´t test it for long because I have exams I have to study for (ugh), BUT...I really like it so far. I explored a little bit, found chester in the middle of desert, found an Oasis and Volt goats.

It works well, unless you try to mess with the World Settings. You get the pictures I showed above.

The one nitpick I have, is the spawn area. I feel like it's too OP. It's too big and has too many resources, defeating the point of the whole challenge. I feel like you should spawn in the middle of desert, rather than the grasslands. I´ve tried changing the settings to Default for the spawn area, but that just replaces the massive grassland with a massive forest area, which is better.

Also, I would get rid of roads personally, if that's possible.

Apart from that, awesome stuff :)

Man, that's incredible! Everything is quite perfect, but it'd be great to add some touchstones to the world, because it's pretty hard to survive in a desert without goggles.

P.S. 

Found a bug:

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 6.30.14 PM.png

9 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Well that´s interesting.PNGWell that´s interesting.PNG 2.PNG

Well that´s interesting.PNG 3.PNG

It's been fixed in the latest release.

On 23.05.2017 at 9:01 AM, Zeruul said:

How do you zoom out so far like that?

On the map, with your mousewheel. In the game, a mod.

Honestly, @ThemInspectors, this is an amazing mod. I can see so many opportunities to use this (once my game works again, that is). Can other modders work off your code to create, say, worlds which are entirely swamp-based? Or have the desert and some swamps here and there?

5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

@ThemInspectorsCan other modders work off your code to create, say, worlds which are entirely swamp-based? Or have the desert and some swamps here and there?

Yes! You're allowed to copy, redistribute, modify all of it. Although if you do redistribute the code publicly you must allow others to view, edit copy, re-distribute ect. If someone bases their code off of it the have to do the same, the easiest way to do it is probably to fork it off of github, if not you can copy it in the game's folders. Ask me for any questions about the license.

1 hour ago, ThemInspectors said:

Yes! You're allowed to copy, redistribute, modify all of it. Although if you do redistribute the code publicly you must allow others to view, edit copy, re-distribute ect. If someone bases their code off of it the have to do the same, the easiest way to do it is probably to fork it off of github, if not you can copy it in the game's folders. Ask me for any questions about the license.

Thanks a lot. My own coding abilities don't go beyond quoting, but I'd love to play on worlds with, say, just swamps and deserts plus the pig king village in the evergreen forest.

On 2017-5-24 at 9:14 PM, ThemInspectors said:

Is it possible to get rid of the Wooded area at the spawn?

Archived